Mould Toxins Are Similar To Estrogen

Mycotoxins in root extracts of American and Asian ginseng bind estrogen receptors alpha and beta. - PubMed - NCBI
Zearalenone, an Estrogenic Mycotoxin, Is an Immunotoxic Compound

Several Fusarium species produce toxic substances of considerable concern to livestock and poultry producers, namely deoxynivalenol, T-2 toxin, HT-2 toxin, diacetoxyscirpenol (DAS) and zearalenone. Zearalenone is the primary toxin, causing infertility, abortion or other breeding problems, especially in swine.

Zearalenone is heat-stable and is found worldwide in a number of cereal crops, such as maize, barley, oats, wheat, rice, and sorghum.

In addition to its actions on the classical estrogen receptors, zearalenone has been found to act as an agonist of the GPER (GPR30).

A mycotoxin is a toxic secondary metabolite produced by organisms of the fungus kingdom, commonly known as molds. The term "mycotoxin" is usually reserved for the toxic chemical products produced by fungi that readily colonize crops. One mold species may produce many different mycotoxins, and several species may produce the same mycotoxin.

Mycotoxins can appear in the food chain as a result of fungal infection of crops, either by being eaten directly by humans or by being used as livestock feed. Buildings are another source of mycotoxins and people living or working in areas with mold increase their chances of adverse health effects. Mycotoxins in animal fodder, particularly silage, can decrease the performance of farm animals and potentially kill them. Several mycotoxins reduce milk yield when ingested by dairy cattle.Contamination of medicinal plants with mycotoxins can contribute to adverse human health problems and therefore represents a special hazard. Numerous natural occurrences of mycotoxins in medicinal plants and herbal medicines have been reported from various countries including Spain, China, Germany, India, Turkey and from the Middle East. In a 2015 analysis of plant-based dietary supplements, the highest mycotoxin concentrations were found in milk thistle-based supplements.

Last edited:

inthedark

Living in a house with black mold and trying to address the issues it caused for me was one of the things that brought me to Peat's work. I was having a recurrence of childhood asthma that became more severe than it had ever been, started to have skin issues , and had developed dark circles under my eyes. My occasional depression was worsened and I started getting sinus issues including a painful infection and increased susceptibility to colds, flu, and other sickness. I was often exhausted and hopeless and began isolating myself from friends.

After finding Peat I started eating more sugar, taking thyroid and supplementing vitamins A and K and B vits. Taking Pregnenolone was a major turning point at which my asthma mostly went into dormancy. I used nasal rinses with various things to break down biofilms, which succeeded in mitigating the worst of my sinus issues. I also used MB every day for awhile. During this time the flaking and dying skin around my eyes started to get better, and the dark circles diminished greatly. I spent as much time in the sun as possible and worked hard on my mental health too.

I think for more major fungal issues there may be more specific intervention needed, but I think the above things -and removing myself from the source of the fingus- were instrumental in recovering and not having further issues. All of these are simply pro-metabolic substances with varying or little known levels of antifungal activity, but I think I was able to use them to prop up metabolism enough to reduce estrogenic effects caused by the toxins and stress hormones and let my body overcome the issues. I will note that I do still have mild sinus issues dating from childhood but overall am in vastly better health than during the ordeal.

magnesiumania

I suspect my air is contaminated. This. IS an older water damaged building and ive had unexplainable health problems since i moved here. I wish there was more awareness around mold toxins.

facesavant

Living in a house with black mold and trying to address the issues it caused for me was one of the things that brought me to Peat's work. I was having a recurrence of childhood asthma that became more severe than it had ever been, started to have skin issues , and had developed dark circles under my eyes. My occasional depression was worsened and I started getting sinus issues including a painful infection and increased susceptibility to colds, flu, and other sickness. I was often exhausted and hopeless and began isolating myself from friends.

After finding Peat I started eating more sugar, taking thyroid and supplementing vitamins A and K and B vits. Taking Pregnenolone was a major turning point at which my asthma mostly went into dormancy. I used nasal rinses with various things to break down biofilms, which succeeded in mitigating the worst of my sinus issues. I also used MB every day for awhile. During this time the flaking and dying skin around my eyes started to get better, and the dark circles diminished greatly. I spent as much time in the sun as possible and worked hard on my mental health too.

I think for more major fungal issues there may be more specific intervention needed, but I think the above things -and removing myself from the source of the fingus- were instrumental in recovering and not having further issues. All of these are simply pro-metabolic substances with varying or little known levels of antifungal activity, but I think I was able to use them to prop up metabolism enough to reduce estrogenic effects caused by the toxins and stress hormones and let my body overcome the issues. I will note that I do still have mild sinus issues dating from childhood but overall am in vastly better health than during the ordeal.
This is an old post but still relevant, What has worked for you so far? I'm curious if taking hydrochloric acid would help? I can't seem to find anything on the forum about it tho.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals