Most Useful Protein Absorption Rating?

wesheilman

@haidut You mentioned a protein absorption/utilization rating in one of the Generative Energy podcasts, which I haven't been able to find again. It was an expression of a percentage, with 1.0 being 100% absorption. That sounds like the PDCAAS, but I don't think the numbers you gave for foods match those numbers.

Anyway, my question is, which of the ratings do you find most useful/trustworthy, if any? There is PDCAAS, NPU, BV, PER, maybe others.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut You mentioned a protein absorption/utilization rating in one of the Generative Energy podcasts, which I haven't been able to find again. It was an expression of a percentage, with 1.0 being 100% absorption. That sounds like the PDCAAS, but I don't think the numbers you gave for foods match those numbers.

Anyway, my question is, which of the ratings do you find most useful/trustworthy, if any? There is PDCAAS, NPU, BV, PER, maybe others.

I think it was the net nitrogen utilization (NNU) I mentioned on those shows. To me the best protein is a combination of egg yolks and casein. I do not like the egg whites or whey. But pretty much any animal protein should be OK if cortisol is kept in check. Getting tests for blood urea nitrogen (BUN), DHEA, and cortisol is usually a pretty good indication of anabolic/cataboli state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals