Most Sustainable Vegan Foods

CDT

Would anyone be able to recommend powerful foods that SHOULD be included relatively frequently on a vegan diet?

My belief is that potatoes, greens, and some bean/legume system works well, but would like to hear what your opinion is regarding nutrient dense foods.

Gone Peating

If you don't have celiac, I wouldn't knock fresh baked sourdough bread with no added iron. The only source of carbs i enjoy more is orange and grape juice

Rice and potatoes just don't do what good sourdough does for me

If you're after nutrient dense food then bread and cheese (I don't see why dairy is bad I understand not wanting to kill and eat an animal) seem like a slam dunk to me. There aren't a ton of nutrient dense vegetables except for potatoes/yams/bread

olive

Coconuts, medjool dates, pineapple, papaya, mango, apples, dried figs/apricots, kelp, glycine

Runenight201

Protein potato soup, or lots of vegan protein powders. The amount of protein necessary means consuming a lot of beans...and for most people it’s simply not appealing or digestibly possible.

OP
C

CDT

If you don't have celiac, I wouldn't knock fresh baked sourdough bread with no added iron. The only source of carbs i enjoy more is orange and grape juice

If you're after nutrient dense food then bread and cheese (I don't see why dairy is bad I understand not wanting to kill and eat an animal) seem like a slam dunk to me. There aren't a ton of nutrient dense vegetables except for potatoes/yams/bread
Do you bake your own sourdough bread? Would you be able to share the recipe if so?

TeaRex14

Fruits, fruit juice, tubers, legumes that are soaked or sprouted, and well cooked leafy greens. Some coconut oil for a fat source, pea protein is probably the best, most widely accessible, protein powder for vegans. If you can find or order potato protein powder, then this would obviously be a go to source of protein, whether vegan or otherwise.

Barry

I believe Ray Peat has mentioned masa harina as a good sustainable vegan source of calories.

MatheusPN

Chard, potatoes and lots of fruits that would fill the rest of the ingredients, work much better than non-organ meat or full fat dairy for well being

OP
C

CDT

Protein potato soup, or lots of vegan protein powders. The amount of protein necessary means consuming a lot of beans...and for most people it’s simply not appealing or digestibly possible.
Why do you think protein in such large amounts is necessary, out of curiosity? I heard that the body is like 3% rotein, and unless one is engaging in heavy physical exercise, they really dont need that much to meet their requirements. I heard its around like 50g/ day for men....

Runenight201

Why do you think protein in such large amounts is necessary, out of curiosity? I heard that the body is like 3% rotein, and unless one is engaging in heavy physical exercise, they really dont need that much to meet their requirements. I heard its around like 50g/ day for men....

I notice personal degeneration and poor health on lower protein diets. A myriad of symptoms may show up such as bone pains, tooth sensitivity, clicking joints, anxiety, extreme blood sugar swings (creating bipolar moods), etc...etc....

I believe what I believe because I’ve directly experienced what all sorts of foods and diets do to my body. I don’t need a study or scientist to tell me what’s good or not for me.

Arnold Grape

I am just discovering this, as well: why is sourdough so good??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals