Most people in the USA are choosing to get the COVID vaccine?

J.R.K

Yeah. The non- stop brainwashing from the media and the horizonal totalitarianism are slowly rotting people's brains to the point of insanity. Since last month or so, the news here in Brazil have doubled down on the "get the jab" message. Now they have a really ridiculous catchphrase: "vaccine yes, vaccine now, vaccine yesterday". I think Ray said something about propaganda being a very pernicious aspect of the system. I couldn't agree more. Constantly trying to steer people in a certain way. It's tiresome to keep fighting against it. They count on it I guess.

I wonder what's gonna happen when it gets to that point. Are they gonna tell the "well- behaved citizens" to put much more pressure on those who didn't get the jab? That could increase horizontal totalitarism by a lot. It would probably drive suicides up too. Pretty stressful and serotonergic to have a family member spouting a bunch of nonsense about something they know nothing about, and specifically trying to get you to do something.
Hey Rafael! You are from Brazil, can you tell me your opinion of how bad the pandemic and COVID casualties are?
By that I mean is it as bad as the media is portraying it, or more so or not even close?

cgh4444

I can’t believe how bad it’s gotten. Every person I talk to now wether friend or family mentions the words “vaccine or vaccinated” at least a few times every ten minutes while in conversation- without any prodding whatsoever. In fact I deliberately try to avoid any talk of the “pandemic”.

It’s like they’re looking for praise.. or validation.. or want to know if you have also taken it...

the hooks are in way too deep. Save yourselves.

J.R.K

I can’t believe how bad it’s gotten. Every person I talk to now wether friend or family mentions the words “vaccine or vaccinated” at least a few times every ten minutes while in conversation- without any prodding whatsoever. In fact I deliberately try to avoid any talk of the “pandemic”.

It’s like they’re looking for praise.. or validation.. or want to know if you have also taken it...

the hooks are in way too deep. Save yourselves.
I hear you brother! I suppose it is going to come down to a matter of personal choice.
While I am nowhere nearly as knowledgeable as I would like to be on any of the topics discussed on the Forum, I do believe that the vaccine is something that no one really knows how it will affect them in not only the short term, but more importantly the long term, and how it will affect future generations both current young people, as well as their yet unborn children.
That being said though I must consider myself fortunate to have the knowledge of this side of the coin, one that most either don’t know about or just don’t want to know about, and trust the advice of their family, or medical professionals in their lives. I think that I can now relate to how Neo felt in the Matrix.

cgh4444

I hear you brother! I suppose it is going to come down to a matter of personal choice.
While I am nowhere nearly as knowledgeable as I would like to be on any of the topics discussed on the Forum, I do believe that the vaccine is something that no one really knows how it will affect them in not only the short term, but more importantly the long term, and how it will affect future generations both current young people, as well as their yet unborn children.
That being said though I must consider myself fortunate to have the knowledge of this side of the coin, one that most either don’t know about or just don’t want to know about, and trust the advice of their family, or medical professionals in their lives. I think that I can now relate to how Neo felt in the Matrix.

ya I have no issue with people taking the vax. But, just like the mask situation, it doesn’t seem like it goes both ways.

Hey Rafael! You are from Brazil, can you tell me your opinion of how bad the pandemic and COVID casualties are?
By that I mean is it as bad as the media is portraying it, or more so or not even close?
The media is definitely blowing it way out of proportion. If it's anything, it's just a flu. Anybody who is in favor of non- vaccine ways to deal with the flu are categorized as irrational by the media. Those who think it's just a flu are "covid deniers". Plus, at the beginning of the "pandemic", a woman filmed a hospital here in Rio de Janeiro which was supposed to be one of the main ones for patients with covid. The hospital had little to no traffic, and her video got deleted from youtube. There is censorpship going on since the beginning of all of this. There is some excess mortality this year, but not by a crazy amount compared with 2016, for example. I think this can be blamed on higher rates of death due to intubation( iatrogenic death basically, doctors killing people) and suicide, as well as aging population (if the population is growing, there is always going to be more people dying in current years than in previous ones). The lockdown itself really destroyed the livelihood of many people here. Keep in mind that Brazil already had a ton of poor people without something like a lockdown making everything harder. A few years down the line, perhaps the average person will be able to see how big of a mistake the lockdown was.

J.R.K

The media is definitely blowing it way out of proportion. If it's anything, it's just a flu. Anybody who is in favor of non- vaccine ways to deal with the flu are categorized as irrational by the media. Those who think it's just a flu are "covid deniers". Plus, at the beginning of the "pandemic", a woman filmed a hospital here in Rio de Janeiro which was supposed to be one of the main ones for patients with covid. The hospital had little to no traffic, and her video got deleted from youtube. There is censorpship going on since the beginning of all of this. There is some excess mortality this year, but not by a crazy amount compared with 2016, for example. I think this can be blamed on higher rates of death due to intubation( iatrogenic death basically, doctors killing people) and suicide, as well as aging population (if the population is growing, there is always going to be more people dying in current years than in previous ones). The lockdown itself really destroyed the livelihood of many people here. Keep in mind that Brazil already had a ton of poor people without something like a lockdown making everything harder. A few years down the line, perhaps the average person will be able to see how big of a mistake the lockdown was.
Thanks Rafael! I live in Canada, and all I have heard from everyone around me is what a mess there is down in Brazil.
They make it sound like there aren’t enough gravediggers to keep up with the death toll. It is refreshing to hear it directly from someone that is actually there and knows firsthand.
I am aware that there are a lot of poor people and areas in Brazil, do they seem to have a higher mortality rate compared to others higher up the socioeconomic scale? The only reason that I ask is because being in a tropical climate, you would have better access to more sunlight, and fresh picked ripe fruits. I am curious if this would be an advantage for the lower income classes since there would be no import charges and better quality product all year round.

J.R.K

ya I have no issue with people taking the vax. But, just like the mask situation, it doesn’t seem like it goes both ways.
I think that my best approach personally is to try to emulate what Dr Peat said so well in one of his interviews with Danny and Georgy. The basic level of all humans is one that comes from a position of empathy. Or something along those lines, so for me I understand that to mean that we should try to see it from there perspective, I may not agree with it but I also am not that person and did not have their life experiences, so therefore I have to respect there decisions and opinions on what they deem to be best for them.
That being said it is not always easy to be in that mindset, but I take that as a sign of stress levels rising on some level. Just my two cents.

Kram

I'm not from the United States, but I'm a big NBA Fan. I read that there are benefits for teams if at least 85% of the players are vaccinated. That might lead to extreme peer pressure. Are there such considerations also in "normal" companies - that there are benefits for all of the employees if a certain number of people are vaccinated?

Last week Kent Bazemore from the Warriors said he won't get the vaccine. He was immediately ridiculed. Plus the NBA is constantly putting out videos: Bill Russell getting the vaccine, Kareem getting the vaccine, Magic getting the vaccine... As if these people were war heroes. I think the pressure is pretty strong.
Not sure about NBA but MLB instituted benefits for players that are vaccinated.

"Once clubs achieve 85 percent vaccination, Tier 1 individuals — players and coaches with dugout access to games, primarily — will no longer need to wear face masks in dugouts or bullpens or wear contact tracing devices while in team facilities. They can also dine at indoor and outdoor restaurants, eat and drink freely during team travel, resume shared use of clubhouse amenities such as video game systems and pool tables, and resume use of saunas and steam rooms.

Vaccinated individuals — defined by the league as anyone two weeks removed from their final dose — on teams that haven’t reached 85 percent are also gaining some freedoms. That includes gathering in hotel rooms or other indoor spaces with other vaccinated persons without masks or distancing — except in communal locations in the clubhouse or training rooms, which will remain under protocol until the 85 percent threshold is reached. Those players will also no longer need to wear masks while exercising in team weight rooms and have the option to exempt themselves from some of the league’s twice-weekly coronavirus testing.

Perhaps most crucially to the stability of the season, vaccinated individuals will not need to quarantine if they are identified as a close contact to someone who tests positive, unless they have symptoms."

Thanks Rafael! I live in Canada, and all I have heard from everyone around me is what a mess there is down in Brazil.
They make it sound like there aren’t enough gravediggers to keep up with the death toll. It is refreshing to hear it directly from someone that is actually there and knows firsthand.
I am aware that there are a lot of poor people and areas in Brazil, do they seem to have a higher mortality rate compared to others higher up the socioeconomic scale? The only reason that I ask is because being in a tropical climate, you would have better access to more sunlight, and fresh picked ripe fruits. I am curious if this would be an advantage for the lower income classes since there would be no import charges and better quality product all year round.
You're welcome! Well, Brazil is a mess, but not due to the pandemic. It was already a mess before unfortunately, due to the very corrupt nature of our government and the sky-high criminality.

About 1,2 million people die every year in Brazil. In 2019, the number was over 1,3 million. This year, it was a bit over 1,4. Since the number of people dying increases every year, one would expect the people who hire the gravediggers to have that in mind. The lockdown, the cancelation of surgeries and the aging population, as well as suicides, definitely increased the mortality more quickly than normal, but I find it hard to believe that even an increase of 100,000 deaths would massively overload the people in cemetaries to the point of lacking enough workers. Simply hiring more people would solve the problem. It's not like the number of deaths doubled or anything like that. From 2006 to 2019, the number of deaths increased by 300,000( from 1 million to over 1,3 million), so it's not an unprecendented increase( albeit it happened on a larger time frame). Basically, the media just makes stuff up and twist the facts. It's like in the UK. They have been saying that they are running out of hospital beds on the news even back in 2012, and now they say that the unavailability of beds in hospitals is due to covid. They have no qualms about lying.

There is more mortality in general in the very poor areas( like the slums)due to violence and malnutrition, and deaths that have nothing to do with covid( like from motorcycle crashes and even from getting shot!) get labelled as covid. Considering that it's harder to test people for the virus in the slums, when people die and get the covid label, it makes it seem that the mortality is high. I do notice that those who are poor tend to go for more milk and organ meats due to price( those are cheap here, especially the organ meats), and a lot of them have well- developed muscles and teeth. The ones with more money get more vaccines and tend to limit cholesterol- rich foods( because they are caught in the mainstream nutritional advice, which is really bad). Fruit quality where I live( Rio) isn't super good, but most other States in Brazil have very good fruit, at a good price. I think the poor tend to focus more on starch( rice), milk and things like liver/ heart, simply because it's more calories per unit of currency. About the sun, those who work outside get much more exposure than people in higher social classes working in a corporation's office or other jobs which require being inside.

Perry Staltic

There is more mortality in general in the very poor areas( like the slums)

What's the air pollution like in the poor areas, and do they tend to have higher incidence of respiratory disease? Brazil is kind of unique in that most of its car gas is made from ethanol. A byproduct of ethanol combustion is acetaldehyde, which can cause bronchiolitis obliterans, or popcorn lung (scarring of lungs, shortness of breath).

J.R.K

You're welcome! Well, Brazil is a mess, but not due to the pandemic. It was already a mess before unfortunately, due to the very corrupt nature of our government and the sky-high criminality.

About 1,2 million people die every year in Brazil. In 2019, the number was over 1,3 million. This year, it was a bit over 1,4. Since the number of people dying increases every year, one would expect the people who hire the gravediggers to have that in mind. The lockdown, the cancelation of surgeries and the aging population, as well as suicides, definitely increased the mortality more quickly than normal, but I find it hard to believe that even an increase of 100,000 deaths would massively overload the people in cemetaries to the point of lacking enough workers. Simply hiring more people would solve the problem. It's not like the number of deaths doubled or anything like that. From 2006 to 2019, the number of deaths increased by 300,000( from 1 million to over 1,3 million), so it's not an unprecendented increase( albeit it happened on a larger time frame). Basically, the media just makes stuff up and twist the facts. It's like in the UK. They have been saying that they are running out of hospital beds on the news even back in 2012, and now they say that the unavailability of beds in hospitals is due to covid. They have no qualms about lying.

There is more mortality in general in the very poor areas( like the slums)due to violence and malnutrition, and deaths that have nothing to do with covid( like from motorcycle crashes and even from getting shot!) get labelled as covid. Considering that it's harder to test people for the virus in the slums, when people die and get the covid label, it makes it seem that the mortality is high. I do notice that those who are poor tend to go for more milk and organ meats due to price( those are cheap here, especially the organ meats), and a lot of them have well- developed muscles and teeth. The ones with more money get more vaccines and tend to limit cholesterol- rich foods( because they are caught in the mainstream nutritional advice, which is really bad). Fruit quality where I live( Rio) isn't super good, but most other States in Brazil have very good fruit, at a good price. I think the poor tend to focus more on starch( rice), milk and things like liver/ heart, simply because it's more calories per unit of currency. About the sun, those who work outside get much more exposure than people in higher social classes working in a corporation's office or other jobs which require being inside.

Thank you Rafael for sharing this perspective, it seems that things line up the same way in Brazil as they do with the rest of the world right now, what was an accident, heart attack,stroke or any other life ending malady seems to be labelled as COVID-19 related, I suppose this is to inflate the numbers to maintain the facade and keep people that believe the mainstream media as truth in the most malleable and reliant mental state, that of course being fear, which eventually I now believe leads to the learned helplessness that Dr Peat speaks about, thinking on the rats in this condition that give up swimming after a few short minutes.
I myself find (and I will borrow a phrase that a wiser man than myself gave me that I currently hold as a personal truth right now). “That I make terrible decisions when I am in a hot state of mind”.
But I feel that if there are indeed orchestrators of this worldwide play in which we all are minor characters that is exactly the role that they wish for us to play, that of the lamb easily lead.
I feel for you in the fact that you have high criminality and government corruption, but (trying to make lemonade out of a lemon here). At least the corrupt government doesn’t pretend that they are straight up and looking out for your better needs, where the phrase,”beware of white knights, they always have an agenda”, seems to fit the current situation we are all experiencing at this time.
One last question, do you find that you and your fellow countrymen have lost or surrendered freedoms that you previously had before,and have a sense of the overcast of authoritarianism creeping into your lives?

J.R.K

Thank you Rafael for sharing this perspective, it seems that things line up the same way in Brazil as they do with the rest of the world right now, what was an accident, heart attack,stroke or any other life ending malady seems to be labelled as COVID-19 related, I suppose this is to inflate the numbers to maintain the facade and keep people that believe the mainstream media as truth in the most malleable and reliant mental state, that of course being fear, which eventually I now believe leads to the learned helplessness that Dr Peat speaks about, thinking on the rats in this condition that give up swimming after a few short minutes.
I myself find (and I will borrow a phrase that a wiser man than myself gave me that I currently hold as a personal truth right now). “That I make terrible decisions when I am in a hot state of mind”.
But I feel that if there are indeed orchestrators of this worldwide play in which we all are minor characters that is exactly the role that they wish for us to play, that of the lamb easily lead.
I feel for you in the fact that you have high criminality and government corruption, but (trying to make lemonade out of a lemon here). At least the corrupt government doesn’t pretend that they are straight up and looking out for your better needs, where the phrase,”beware of white knights, they always have an agenda”, seems to fit the current situation we are all experiencing at this time.
One last question, do you find that you and your fellow countrymen have lost or surrendered freedoms that you previously had before,and have a sense of the overcast of authoritarianism creeping into your lives?
Also the irony that the poorer people may be the ones with the advantage with the cheaper food sources that they are limited to. They seem to agree favourably with the dietary choices and recommendations of Dr Peat, as well as the optimal exposure to sunlight fulfilling the vitamin A,D,E,and K ,red light and gelatin needs.

Wen

One analysis I read claimed 300-900 times greater deaths than the flu shot.
This is your response to me asking ”WHICH vaccine?” ???? You really aren’t exactly firing on all cylinders.
“Just the flu bro” was early 2020. Nobody in the mainstream would ever say that now. And that’s what we’re discussing here, the mainstream narrative. The media has in fact been inflating the death rate, not driving it down ... I’m not sure what news you’ve been watching that gives you that impression

The commenter above left some good links regarding vaccine deaths.
Why were they doing the opposite now to what they were then? They were trying to suggest the death rate was only 2% or even 1% back then - what are they claiming it is now?

Steve

I get why senior citizens or people in ill health might be scared enough to get the vaccine, but I have absolutely no idea what young, healthy people are thinking.
They are getting an experimental gene therapy for something that is not going to harm them.
In fact chances are they won't even know they have it unless they go get a fraudulent PCR test.

I went for a bike ride today in Portland, and still there are young, healthy, even athletic people wearing masks outside in the fresh air.
But there were also a lot without masks, so maybe it'll get better soon. This doesn't stop until people stop playing along.

Regina

I get why senior citizens or people in ill health might be scared enough to get the vaccine, but I have absolutely no idea what young, healthy people are thinking.
They are getting an experimental gene therapy for something that is not going to harm them.
In fact chances are they won't even know they have it unless they go get a fraudulent PCR test.

I went for a bike ride today in Portland, and still there are young, healthy, even athletic people wearing masks outside in the fresh air.
But there were also a lot without masks, so maybe it'll get better soon. This doesn't stop until people stop playing along.
Yeah. That is why I have never put on a mask. Peer pressure is a powerful thing. I still am seeing people jogging in masks in the Florida sun along the beach. And helmet-less motorcycle riders in masks on the highway. Those people have their own convictions. But others just need to see enough other people without them to dare to not wear one. The go-alongs-to-get-alongs may very well want to ditch the masks but they aren't the types to not go gentle into this good night.

What's the air pollution like in the poor areas, and do they tend to have higher incidence of respiratory disease? Brazil is kind of unique in that most of its car gas is made from ethanol. A byproduct of ethanol combustion is acetaldehyde, which can cause bronchiolitis obliterans, or popcorn lung (scarring of lungs, shortness of breath).
It depends on each area. Many slums are right beside the avenues, and there is a lot of traffic, so car exhaust is present almost all day. The thing is, I've seen lots of apartments where rich people live that are also close to traffic- heavy streets, so it's hard to say whether the air pollution is consistently worse in poorer areas. I saw one study( in Portuguese) which concluded that children living in slums have more respiratory problems, but not especially due to pollution. I think malnutrition and overall stressful life contribute more, but both poor people and middle- class and rich people seem to get some exposure to toxic exhaust.

I agree. It's easy to fall for the media's reality and to be dominated by fear.
True. Ray Peat said something very similar about Mexico: people there have a strongly realist view of things. That the government is corrupt is a given. He said that in places like the USA, a lot of people still think the government is there to help and isn't corrupt.
Yes. I think it hit me when the State Government forbid the traffic between cities to contain the virus. I usually don't move to other cities very often, but to know that, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to, was frustrating. Nowadays, they have lifted this decision, but the fear is still somewhat there that they may do it at any time. We still can't go to the beach swim though.

I once was in the subway, and they had put an employee in the subway to watch over people's mask wearing! I know because I use the mask "wrong"( I leave my nose out to be able to breathe), and he called me out for it. He kept going from carriage to carriage to inspect if people were abiding to the new normal.

Tarmander

Most old people are going to get it yes

We are watching the boomer's karma (for lack of a better word) play out. Live by the sword, die by the sword, and boomers have lived by govt, and will now die by it.

They used govt to steal money from their children, from the future, giving themselves benefits without a thought of tomorrow

Now those consequences are coming home to roost

In the coming years, there will be more vaccines and pandemics as boomer's creation turns on them more aggressively.

You need a way to stand aside and let it play out while trying to save your loved ones that are open to another way. You have the time to prepare now, don't get caught flat footed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals