Most Peaty Water

Steve123

If one is going to drink water and buy it from a shop, what is the best most peaty? Carbonated, Mineral water, etc etc what is the best? Here in the Uk, looking for suggestions..

Also, is apple juice really okay? Any negatives at all to it? been drinking a lot more of it instead of OJ because of Oj histamine, acid etc..

tara

Also, is apple juice really okay? Any negatives at all to it? been drinking a lot more of it instead of OJ because of Oj histamine, acid etc..
Some people seem to do well with apple juice, others not so well, and that can apply to different brands etc. I think poster Mittir did not tolerate OJ, but found a brand of AJ that worked well for him.
Some do better with the clear apple juice than the cloudy - maybe by reducing fibre, pectin and risk of mold contamination.
It doesn't have the same nutritional profile as OJ, but still has some stuff than may be valuable if you are needing it.
Whether it agrees with you personally, you'll find out when you try some out - and you might want to try different brands.

Personally, I was happily drinking the AJ brand that I'd found best for a while, then went off it, and realised a while later that they'd changed it.
I found another brand that's more or less OK, but I'm currently only drinking it occasionally. Too much doesn't seem to do me good.

I'm not in UK, so won't comment on water options there.

BingDing

Can't remember if they fluoridate water in the UK. If they do, avoiding that is paramount. Fluoride is a potent inhibitor of thyroid hormone. Ionized water gets rid of a lot of fluoride, distilled water is probably best. IMO, it is important to replace the minerals lost from distilled water, especially magnesium.

Remember that beer, fruit juice, etc. might be made from fluoridated water.

AJ can have a high level of fructose, not bound to glucose as in sucrose. I have gone from drinking a liter of AJ per day to drinking none, just by taste and desire. No idea why my taste changed.

OP
S

Steve123

Thanks guys for the input! @tara @BingDing

With RE to the Aj, the only bad thing I’ve found with it is the apparent arsenic content of it.. is this enough to stop drinking it? I have an organic Aj Sainsbury if that mean anything

Stilgar

I like badoit in the uk, it’s the richest in magnesium and it is carbonated.

OP
S

Steve123

Right just to follow up on the water question, i was doing an order from sainsburys here in the uk, couldnt see any distilled water or anything so next best thing i found was this which is in a class bottle: Sainsbury's - Please enable cookies or JavaScript

Someone mentioned that some spring water can contain arsenic, but i'll message the company about it and if that comes back all good, would this be a good water, or does someone have any suggestions for uk folks?

Also, i asked about apple juice and some people came back saying about the arsenic levels in that.. Anyone chime on this for 100%, the reason im on AJ as opposed to OJ is because of histamine etc but if AJ's got this arsenic risk then i'm thinking of just switching to a good water. (I've been using AJ as a main hydration source until now..)

OP
S

Steve123

Also, asking the company about the arsenic content, is there anything else to ask?

cyclops

On another thread they were saying distilled water is terrible and dangerous. Can't win lol.

Does anyone have an opinion on Natural Mineral Water, like Pellegrino for instance -- would that have any chance of having fluoride in it? Probably has some good minerals and the carbonation is a plus.

Why do they put fluoride in water again?

tara

Does anyone have an opinion on Natural Mineral Water, like Pellegrino for instance -- would that have any chance of having fluoride in it? Probably has some good minerals and the carbonation is a plus.
I think some of them you can read on the label what the mineral concentrations in them are.

Fluoride that gets directly into the enamel of teeth can make them more resistant to acid, and therefore to decay, in some circumstances. I think this is the mainstream dentist view, but also Peat's view. It is used to justify fluoridation of water supplies, which puts the fluoride in our systems, where it has systemic antimetabolic effects. (I think there was one large scale epidemiological study done in England in recent years, and it showed a significant and dose-dependent correlation between fluoride in the water and numbers of hypothyroid diagnoses.)

x-ray peat

Right just to follow up on the water question, i was doing an order from sainsburys here in the uk, couldnt see any distilled water or anything
You definitely dont want to buy distilled water from a store. It will be loaded with leached plastic.
countertop distillation at home with added minerals back is a great solution.

cyclops

You definitely dont want to buy distilled water from a store. It will be loaded with leached plastic.
countertop distillation at home with added minerals back is a great solution.

Does that apply to all bottled water in plastic containers? Or is distilled even worse for some reason when stored in plastic?

x-ray peat

Does that apply to all bottled water in plastic containers? Or is distilled even worse for some reason when stored in plastic?
It applies to all water but distilled water supposedly leaches more plastic. I imagine it's a combination of it's higher acidity and higher power of solvation.

Last edited:

squanch

Pretty much all natural spring / mineral water will have some naturally occurring fluoride in it dependent on the types of rock around it.
Unfortunately most companies don't put the fluoride content on the bottle. Here's a list for mainly German mineral waters, we're kind of obsessed with mineral water here. It has some other European waters on there as well:
http://www.agz-rnk.de/agz/download/3/Fluoridgehalt_in_Mineralwasser.pdf
(fun fact: a dental organization compiled the list, warning about high fluoride intake)

I think Gerolsteiner is a good option. High mineralisation, low fluoride and available in most countries.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals