Most New Cancer Drugs Are Expensive Miserable Failure

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is what medicine has come down to in the modern world. The sadder part is that there is nothing that can
stimulate newer drug development if the bar on effectiveness is so low while at the same time there being no bar on pricing.

Most new, high-priced cancer drugs don’t even extend life for 10 weeks

"...Patients, advocates, and care providers are growing increasingly frustrated that new and often very pricey cancer drugs do little to improve patients’ survival, Kaiser Health News reports. For instance, the 72 cancer therapies approved between 2002 and 2014 only bought patients an extra 2.1 months of life compared with older drugs, researchers have found. And there’s no evidence that two-thirds of the drugs approved in the last two years improve survival at all. Yet, that doesn’t keep some of those drugs from coming with heavy price tags and concerning side-effects. Among cancer drugs approved in 2016, the average cost for a year’s worth of treatment was $171,000. And like survival, side-effects aren’t always improved with the higher prices. For example, among thyroid cancer patients, those taking the most expensive drug, cabozantinib, had the worst reports of side effects, including diarrhea, fatigue, sleep disturbance, distress, and difficulty remembering.

Drareg

This is what medicine has come down to in the modern world. The sadder part is that there is nothing that can
stimulate newer drug development if the bar on effectiveness is so low while at the same time there being no bar on pricing.

Most new, high-priced cancer drugs don’t even extend life for 10 weeks

"...Patients, advocates, and care providers are growing increasingly frustrated that new and often very pricey cancer drugs do little to improve patients’ survival, Kaiser Health News reports. For instance, the 72 cancer therapies approved between 2002 and 2014 only bought patients an extra 2.1 months of life compared with older drugs, researchers have found. And there’s no evidence that two-thirds of the drugs approved in the last two years improve survival at all. Yet, that doesn’t keep some of those drugs from coming with heavy price tags and concerning side-effects. Among cancer drugs approved in 2016, the average cost for a year’s worth of treatment was $171,000. And like survival, side-effects aren’t always improved with the higher prices. For example, among thyroid cancer patients, those taking the most expensive drug, cabozantinib, had the worst reports of side effects, including diarrhea, fatigue, sleep disturbance, distress, and difficulty remembering.

Forget the financial and political crisis, the medical establishment is the biggest threat we are facing,these guys will prescribe the medication to Mr North Korea for his depression that has a side of effect of playing darts with several nuclear missiles.

Future generations will really have a fine mirror to view humanity, I was told recently that hospital consultants and doctors are now regular using Twitter to engage in the mafia styled politically correct debates,the usual kind on Twitter,it was noted that one hospital consultant during work of about 8-9 hours had tweeted over 45 times,some about his passion for wine and food, they need to be banned from using social media Imo,it shows their depraved mental state,pure hubris.

I am determined to undermine these people as much as possible ,every miniscule bit I can do will be a straw on the their back.

mujuro

I am determined to undermine these people as much as possible ,every miniscule bit I can do will be a straw on the their back.

I like this. In my particular area that also applies to trainers and nutritionists pushing low sugar, low cholesterol, low sodium, high PUFA nonsense.

Drareg

I like this. In my particular area that also applies to trainers and nutritionists pushing low sugar, low cholesterol, low sodium, high PUFA nonsense.

Good point,some of them are fuelled on hubris and an all knowing belief,"metabolic messiahs",underlying it all just like the medical establishment is profit.

Keep in mind "justice" is not on the side of the "alternative medicine",if justice is on its side in some areas and it appears this soon will be the case, it's probably because the medical establishment can see it causing more ill health,which means the patients will come running back from poisoning their livers with high doses of valerian and the like,more money and more trust for the mainstream.

An even better question is how we can assist those who are trying to do good in the establishment,those who know something is up with the abundance of theories based off theories until we believe it's somehow truth while all the while nobody is getting cured.
Screwing the insurance industry is one way.

encerent

All these high-tech cancer "treatments" just hurt the cancer patient more.

TubZy

high doses of aspirin and K2 would probably be way better with less sides than all this bull**** big pharma keeps wasting money on....

Sherbert

Sad

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals