Most important when maintaining/building when cutting

superhuman

Hello

Whats most important when you try to maintain or build muscle when loosing weight/fat aka cutting calories.

Ive read alot of research papers and ofc RP`s information.

In the sport and bodybuilding scene protein is the most important nutrient to look at esp when you want to loose weight/fat and cutting calories while maintaining muscle or even build some. So when cutting they recommend like minimum 2.5g protein pr kg of bodyweight or at LEAST 1g/lb.

I havent heard RP talk spesific about this but i know he says 120-150g is plenty and enough no matter how much you workout.

So i was wondering with you guys esp if you had manage to do it yourself or based on research.

What is the most important things to look for when loosing weight/fat aka reducing calories. Is it protein? carbs? fat? minerals? vitamins? and wich and how much.

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Normal or slightly hyper metabolic rate with optimal hormonal profile. :)

Curt :-)

Yo. Fellow strength trainee here. I have no idea...lol
I think 120 -150 is adequate provided you're getting enough carbs. I mentioned in another post that I believe protein recommendations are unnecessarily high in bodybuilding circles because they typically go low carb/low fat, and the calories have to come from somewhere, especially if you're trying to gain mass/training your ass off.
I think if carbs are adequate then you need less protein. those guys basically run their bodies on protein instead of fat, so they need their basal amount of protein to run their normal physiological functions, plus extra protein to provide energy. That's my take on it, anyways.
I'm fair lean (about 9%) and I don't any fancy ***t anymore, just my Peaty staples. I was hypo with zero libido for years before Peat, so needless to say, I'm a believer :):
Try ditching starch and any excess fat in the diet. It has worked well for me

Milklove

My results are quite similar to Curt's. I greatly decreased the frequency of my workout, but I stayed lean and gained a fair amount of muscles.

Optimizing your hormone levels will help you to build muslce and to lower your bodyfat, but there are three thing that helped me particularly:
-Drinking a lot of milk. Ray Peat said, that I decreases stress hormones and is likely to induce muscle growth.
-Consuming a hell of a lot calories after a workout.
-Consuming coconut oil three times a day. When I eat a bit coconut oil pre workout, it gives me a great strenght boost.

aquaman

Curt :-) said:
Yo. Fellow strength trainee here. I have no idea...lol
I think 120 -150 is adequate provided you're getting enough carbs. I mentioned in another post that I believe protein recommendations are unnecessarily high in bodybuilding circles because they typically go low carb/low fat, and the calories have to come from somewhere, especially if you're trying to gain mass/training your ass off.
I think if carbs are adequate then you need less protein. those guys basically run their bodies on protein instead of fat, so they need their basal amount of protein to run their normal physiological functions, plus extra protein to provide energy. That's my take on it, anyways.
I'm fair lean (about 9%) and I don't any fancy s*** anymore, just my Peaty staples. I was hypo with zero libido for years before Peat, so needless to say, I'm a believer :):
Try ditching starch and any excess fat in the diet. It has worked well for me

Your story sounds interesting... care to create a new thread and elaborate on your journey with your learning points?

Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
J Is it important to get a good quality organic/non toxic bed mattress? Body Care 0
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat Study reveals how sugars wipe out important bacteria in gut Debate - Anti-Peat 16
Hans The Most Important Organ For Longevity Articles & Scientific Studies 16
Doludolu COPPER - Very Important For Mitochondria-metabolism. Toxic Or Important - Depends On The Form Metabolism 5
Hans Counting Calories Thread: Is It Really Important? Articles & Scientific Studies 3
J Covid-19 Plan In Front Of Our Eyes IMPORTANT! Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 11
ecstatichamster Most Important Study - Shows Genetic Theories Are Completely False (involves Exosomes) Scientific Studies 0
md_a There Is An Extremely Important Connection Between ACE-inhibitor Medication For Hypertension And The Scientific Studies 2
methylenewhite Perhaps This Is Why Doctors Are Dying. Please Read. I Believe It's Important For Everyone Articles & Scientific Studies 13
methylenewhite Important Information For Your Doctor. PUFA Depleted Rats Are More Sensitive To Volatile Anesthesia Ray Peat Topics 7
md_a The Body Temperature Is Very Important Thyroid and Hormones 2
Lokzo SHBG More Important Than You Think Thyroid and Hormones 19
Jamesu How Important Is Fruit In Slowing Hairloss? Ask For Help or Advice 0
yerrag Is Stopping Regime Change Wars Not Important? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 8
L I Think Eating According To Blood Type Might Be Very Important Discussing Dietary Models 12
ecstatichamster Announcement Here’s How To Support This Board - Important Ray Peat Forum Announcements 57
Broken man TUDCA- Important Peaty Substance? Some Studies To Think About Supplements 43
A The Most Important Things To Stop Eating While Trying To Fix Dysbiosis? Ask For Help or Advice 0
TheSir Is It More Important To Eat Enough Calories Or Get Enough Nutrients? Ask For Help or Advice 28
J The Most IMPORTANT Blood Tests To Obtain Ask For Help or Advice 2
olive Neuron Derived Estrogen Important For Memory Formation Scientific Studies 2
haidut Vitamin K Important For Eye Health Too Scientific Studies 12
ddjd Copper Important For Transport Of Vitamin A From Liver To Blood Ask For Help or Advice 1
Hans Important Hormones For Building Muscle And Tips On How To Improve Them Exercise 44
D X-rays Reveal The Important Role Of Copper In Parkinson’s Disease Scientific Studies 6
E What Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day? Ask For Help or Advice 9
General Orange Estrogen E1 More Important For Hair Than Testosteron Hair & Nails 65
S Important Question On Applying Squalane As A Moisturiser Body Care 25
Cirion What's More Important For Metabolism - HR Or Temperature? Metabolism 4
KnowledgeSeeker How I Got Invincible To Sunburns And Why PUFA Isn't The Most Important Factor In My Opinion Health 8
michael94 Important Statement On Liver Flush Cholesterol 1
L So Is The Absolute Amount Of PUFA Important Or The Proportion Of SFA To PUFA? Diet 4
H Why Is The Thyroid So Important? Metabolism 1
cyclops Is Losing Bodyfat The Most Important Thing? Diet 139
L Why The Government Thinks Guinea Pigs Are More Important Than People C 3
cyclops How Important Is Alkaline/Acid Balance Diet 8
ddjd Is Nitric Oxide Important For Sleep? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 4
Crazycoco So Much Fun With Saturated Fats Guys! Important Study! Ask For Help or Advice 3
michael94 How Important Is The Appearance Of Someone Offering Health Advice To You? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 9
ecstatichamster 2 New Important Aspirin Learnings Aspirin 51
MyUsernameHere Sleep Temperature; Why Is It So Hugely Important? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 8
D What Is The Single Most Important Hair Loss Supplement To Take? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 49
L Case Western Reserve University Research Reveals Important Cancer Clues Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 0
Black Ops Are The B-vitamins Important For Androgen Production? (Which Ones Specifically) Vitamins 10
michael94 Glucose Important Factor In Bile Acid Synthesis Macros & Micros 0
L Appendix May Have Important Function, New Research Suggests Health 13
P What Is More Important? Diet 12
P How Important Is Calcium In Relative To Phosphorus? Minerals 7
Fearlessgolfer I Postponed My Lab Work Since New To RP, What Are Important Tests? Blood Work, Labs 10