Most environmentally friendly diet?

bbmccorm

what is the most environmentally conscious way to eat? I've heard all the debates between vegan, flexitarian, hunter-gatherer-forager, etc. curious about the thoughts on this forum.....

also - is drinking milk ethical? do cows need to be basically raped in order to produce milk? asking for a friend.....

Nebula

Buying food from local small farms and growing/raising food yourself. It’s much easier to treat animals well on a small scale. The Mennonite family that I buy dairy from treat their cows and goats like family. Food produced locally also requires much less resources to get to you. My brother raises cows for beef. They have a peaceful calm life on pasture and die instantly without being transported to a slaughterhouse. I also buy meat directly from a large open range ranch on hundreds of acres managed with restoration style grazing using cow-calf pairs that are never separated. Personally I feel very good eating like this health wise and morally.

Cloudhands

the more local the better. foraging, supporting farmers markets, hunting, growing food, and publicly masturbating all are helpful options

also - is drinking milk ethical? do cows need to be basically raped in order to produce milk? asking for a friend.....
Do not play the ethics game because you would be left with nothing to eat except inorganic minerals.
If you abstain from eating meat or even drinking milk then it would be cognitive dissonance too if you eat fruit, vegetables or fermented food because you would deny that plants are not conscious or you would put this group of living beings below another.
You might not think of eating plants similarly to eating meat because you can not (mentally) hear the death cry from the plant but your intestines definitely feel the defensive toxins. And the other plants notice that their peers are being culled during the harvest, too.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

the more local the better. foraging, supporting farmers markets, hunting, growing food, and publicly masturbating all are helpful options
ya good call. seems like it'd be challenging to masturbate with clouds for hands.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Buying food from local small farms and growing/raising food yourself. It’s much easier to treat animals well on a small scale. The Mennonite family that I buy dairy from treat their cows and goats like family. Food produced locally also requires much less resources to get to you. My brother raises cows for beef. They have a peaceful calm life on pasture and die instantly without being transported to a slaughterhouse. I also buy meat directly from a large open range ranch on hundreds of acres managed with restoration style grazing using cow-calf pairs that are never separated. Personally I feel very good eating like this health wise and morally.
agreed. thanks.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Do not play the ethics game because you would be left with nothing to eat except inorganic minerals.
If you abstain from eating meat or even drinking milk then it would be cognitive dissonance too if you eat fruit, vegetables or fermented food because you would deny that plants are not conscious or you would put this group of living beings below another.
You might not think of eating plants similarly to eating meat because you can not (mentally) hear the death cry from the plant but your intestines definitely feel the defensive toxins. And the other plants notice that their peers are being culled during the harvest, too.
nice. yes, the game of ethics is a seductive and oppressive labyrinth for the mind to contend with.... thanks for your insights. much appreciated.

Herbie

Ray said that fruit and milk are the most ethical and good for Earth.

The food ethics rhetoric with green movement today is a downward spiral to suicide either becoming fish or worm food.

OP
bbmccorm

bbmccorm

Ray said that fruit and milk are the most ethical and good for Earth.

The food ethics rhetoric with green movement today is a downward spiral to suicide either becoming fish or worm food.
Ya, fruit for sure. thanks. I'm just having a bit of a challenge being okay with drinking milk knowing that cows need to be artificially inseminated.... i don't get your mention about becoming fish or worm food.....

Herbie

Ya, fruit for sure. thanks. I'm just having a bit of a challenge being okay with drinking milk knowing that cows need to be artificially inseminated.... i don't get your mention about becoming fish or worm food.....
I don’t know about the artificial part but I was watching a documentary about people living in villages in Siberia and that a women owned a cow which she milked in the morning and then the cow went on its own to the forest to eat all day and ran back on its own to get milked again at night, the cow was happy to come back to the lady. I was surprised that the cow didn’t not just run away and they didn’t need to chained up and beaten etc. Cows allow the milk to come out, they can withhold it if they aren’t happy.

I mean that the vegan/green movement if one takes those ideas it leads to thinking that one is not worthy of being on earth and are better to become worm food by being buried in soil or dumped in the ocean/river to become fish food, instead of holding those who do all the destruction and evil responsible.

P

Peatness

1648385586200.png