Most Effective Anti-adrenaline Supplements?

RayPeatFan777

Sugar
Salt
(some could arguably include starch in this short list)
other non food supplements simply support these two basic fundamental foods.
I wonder why you say that?

I have a suspicion based on personal experience that it could be true.
I ate nothing but potatoes for my carbs for a whole week, I found i had insomnia yet my mental health and stress levels were actually in the best place in years. Very strange.
I eat the same amount of carbs but with fruits and I tend to get over-adrenalized and really suffer mentally.

raypeatclips

I wonder why you say that?

I have a suspicion based on personal experience that it could be true.
I ate nothing but potatoes for my carbs for a whole week, I found i had insomnia yet my mental health and stress levels were actually in the best place in years. Very strange.
I eat the same amount of carbs but with fruits and I tend to get over-adrenalized and really suffer mentally.

Have you tried eating a mix of starch and sugar?

aquaman

Use google search to search Ray's articles for the mention of Adrenaline. TONS of mentions eg:
Ray Peat said:
"Avoiding over-production of lipolytic adrenaline requires adequate thyroid hormone, and the adjustment of the diet to minimize fluctuations of blood sugar."

Ray Peat said:
"Protein deficiency causes an adaptive decrease in thyroid function, which leads to a compensatory increase in adrenaline and cortisone."

Ray Peat said:
"The first reaction to a decrease of blood glucose, at least in healthy individuals, is to increase the activity of the sympathetic nervous system, with an increase of adrenaline, which causes the liver to release glucose from its glycogen stores. The effect of adrenaline on the liver is very quick, but adrenaline also acts on the brain, "

Ray Peat said:
"Adrenaline increases in hypoglycemia, and, if the adrenaline fails to convert glycogen into glucose, it will provide an alternative fuel by liberating free fatty acids"

Ray Peat said:
"The energy-deprived state increases lactic acid, adrenaline, and free fatty acids, all of which contribute to increased leakiness and impaired circulation."

Ray Peat said:
The features of the stress metabolism include increases of stress hormones, lactate, ammonia, free fatty acids, and fat synthesis, and a decrease in carbon dioxide. Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976).

A protein deficiency, possibly by increasing cortisol, is likely to contribute to increased FAS and fat synthesis (Bannister, et al., 1983), but the dietary protein shouldn't provide an excess of tryptophan, because of tryptophan's role as serotonin precursor--serotonin increases inflammation and glycolysis (Koren-Schwartzer, et al., 1994).

Incidental stresses, such as strenuous exercise combined with fasting (e.g., running or working before eating breakfast) not only directly trigger the production of lactate and ammonia, they also are likely to increase the absorption of bacterial endotoxin from the intestine. Endotoxin is a ubiquitous and chronic stressor. It increases lactate and nitric oxide, poisoning mitochondrial respiration, precipitating the secretion of the adaptive stress hormones, which don't always fully repair the cellular damage.

Aspirin protects cells in many ways, interrupting excitotoxic processes by blocking nitric oxide and prostaglandins, and consequently it inhibits cell proliferation, and in some cases inhibits glycolysis, but the fact that it can inhibit FAS (Beynen, et al., 1982) is very important in understanding its role in cancer."
[/quote]

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Someone once said here that Ray says you should get some t4 because it's involved in adrenaline metabolism somehow. Maybe you can find it with a search.
Any ideas where you read this. I really want to find out more about this. I completely forgot this comment that T3 can sometimes raise Adrenaline and T4 can reduce Adrenaline. Makes sense now

greengr

I can see the plausibility behind Vit D controlling adrenaline actually. Peat often mentions thyroid to control and lower high adrenaline, and he has often made comments about Vit D being like thyroid, or acting in a similar to way thyroid.
Could vitamin-d also increase adrenaline? By the dopamine pathway

Hgreen56

71Oaxb9GKAL._SY679_.jpg

Or just make your own:

41XbNpYXJIL.jpg

+
61l6WrJ5ycL._SX522_.jpg

Excess salt stimulates production of adrenalin and causes hypertension

Jessie

Did anyone mention Taurine yet? It's pretty good for lowering adrenaline, only problem is it should be taken with lots of sugar to prevent hypoglycemia (which is a common side effect of taurine). Unsurprisingly famotidine seems to work really well for lowering adrenaline as well. Basically anything that can improve the retention of liver glycogen will improve the status of adrenaline.

The failure to hold glycogen is the reason why many people don't experience the long-lasting anti-stress effects of sugar. They get the immediate benefits after a meal, but then they quickly revert back to the stress state without good glycogen.

Elize

Taurine lowers cortisol levels and made my adrenaline rush far worse. I yet have to find a supplement that reduces adrenaline without lowering my cortisol

IlektraT

Have you tried inosine? It is mentioned by some people for adrenaline lowering properties

Elize

No haven't used it at all. Can it be used when you are on thyroid medication? Do you recommend a brand?

Thanks so much

IlektraT

I haven't personally tried it yet. I don't know if it can be used with thyroid. Search the threads here, some brands have been mentioned, as well as people's experiences and research.

Have you tried fructose powder? I'm also having adrenaline issues, and grapes calm me down a bit.

golder

I haven't personally tried it yet. I don't know if it can be used with thyroid. Search the threads here, some brands have been mentioned, as well as people's experiences and research.

Have you tried fructose powder? I'm also having adrenaline issues, and grapes calm me down a bit.

Would fructose powder have any advantage over having fruit?

Elize

Thanks so much

IlektraT

Would fructose powder have any advantage over having fruit?
I'm new here and definitely not an expert, this is my opinion, so take with a grain of salt.

Fruit is a whole food, has vitamins, minerals, fiber etc, while fructose powder is just a mono saccharine. I mentioned fructose powder as a supplement, along with fruit, to fill up liver glycogen. I have seen people here using both for this reason. I'm also going to try that route.

golder

Can anyone offer a good comparison between clonidine and propranolol? Thanks!