Most Amount Of Centenarians In Japan? Not Very Peaty

Makrosky

Such_Saturation said:
Yeah like a giant dice roll :roll:

I must have said : A big mutation that along with all their other environmental factors caused that they can live longer even without following a RP diet (oh, what a surprise).

Makrosky

I don't know much about Japan and have never been there but from what I see on the internet they seem to have a great sensibility for beautiness and for nature (excluding Tokyo and stuff).

Are you open to the possibility that maybe beautiness is healing ? To the possibility that if you treat the earth well, it treats you well ?

Are you open to the possibility that in 50 years a dozen of pubmed papers will describe how a certain component of Japanese white rice feeds certain bacterial strains in the gut that confere you with higher immunity against cancers and cardiovascular disease ?

Oh man, they don't drink gallons of milk, drink coffee + gelatin, a quart of ice cream daily and synthetic hormones and still they live longer than us, there must be something we don't understand!!!!

:mrgreen: I "know" about their actual longevity figures just as much as I "know" about bacterial strains... if you want to play that game... I agree with you that beautiness is healing, sure thing! I just don't dig the rhetoric of saying oh there's fifteen thousand causes we can't even know when all of those are actually connected, and they are just as causative as their next in line. You can tackle the issue from any point you wish, but you can't choose not to tackle it with those excuses.

Makrosky

Meh, since I'm not a Japanese I'm gonna drink a quart of OJ this afternoon :):

It works quite good.

Blinkyrocket

Why so much talk about genetics? I feel like no one has read this article: http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ge ... tion.shtml

I think there's another one about genes and him explaining that the theory behind genetic determinism was introduced by hitler's assistant, he's not fond of the idea that genetics is a reason for anything, I don't think.

Hmm well it didn't seem like they betrayed a lack of familiarity with that particular article. But really why would having done so prevent us from discussing genetics at all?

Blinkyrocket

Such_Saturation said:
Hmm well it didn't seem like they betrayed a lack of familiarity with that particular article. But really why would having done so prevent us from discussing genetics at all?
It wouldn't, my pet peave is genetics, I don't like the idea that I can't break out and become someone entirely different, I.e. Buff-ness, I've always been skinny lol. In my mind genetics seems like the last resort to say "oh they live longer because of genetics not because of their lifestyle and diet, there's nothing we can do to be like them because somehow their genes are superior"

Makrosky

Blinkyrocket said:
Such_Saturation said:
It wouldn't, my pet peave is genetics, I don't like the idea that I can't break out and become someone entirely different, I.e. Buff-ness, I've always been skinny lol. In my mind genetics seems like the last resort to say "oh they live longer because of genetics not because of their lifestyle and diet, there's nothing we can do to be like them because somehow their genes are superior"

There's no such thing as "superior" or "inferior".

Ok, so genes are not linked to longevity so they probably aren't linked to a different skin tone, different stature, different hair patterns, right ? All these things come out just of nowhere.

So black people burn less in the sun than icelandic people do ("inferior" in your terms) and it's not in the genes.

Wow.

Blinkyrocket

Makrosky said:
Blinkyrocket said:
Such_Saturation said:

There's no such thing as "superior" or "inferior".

Ok, so genes are not linked to longevity so they probably aren't linked to a different skin tone, different stature, different hair patterns, right ? All these things come out just of nowhere.

So black people burn less in the sun than icelandic people do ("inferior" in your terms) and it's not in the genes.

Wow.
Melanin, a protein is linked to skin tone as far as I know :)
If I were to go get a tan what would that make me? If I were to eat a lot of carrots and get orange skin could I have a baby and make a new "race" of humans? Yes, the babies MIGHT also develop too much carotene and wayyy down the line it just becomes a part of their skin... Maybe. If genes mutate than why aren't there black people sprouting up in northern countries? How did these "genes" get the way they are? If genes were unchangable everyone would be the same, and if they were random we would all die.

Absolute anti-nutrient Restriction.

Parsifal

I know, genetic determinism may not be a good point but:

"In 1998, Tanaka reported in The Lancet on the super-centenarians of Okinawa. He found that a lot of them had a single base change in subunit one of the respiratory chain where most leakiness occurs in humans. That one base change was responsible for their longevity. This was irrespective of their diets and life style. Many other authors have tried to link the Okinawans longevity to their lifestyle but it now appears that this blue zone occurs because that one base change makes their mitochondria less leaky at complex one. This allows for less mitochondrial damage and less need for new mitochondria to be made over time to support the organ in question. In effect, aging slows down for that tissue. The key it appears to a longer healthier life is having more mitochondria to generate energy and not use up the mitochondria they were born with."

montmorency

Seeing that Peat quote about infant mortality, I saw a comment on a blog which questioned infant vaccination, that Japan was one country where vaccination was delayed compared to other advanced/industrialised countries.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals