Morning wood is a must?

username111

Do all healthy men supposed to wake up with an erection? Could it be that some people have poor sleeping schedules and wake up during rem sleep with a normal nocturnal erection thinking that its a morning wood? Or maybe an alarm wakes them up?
I always lived healthy and I have Total Test measured in the 900's, yet I literally NEVER had a morning wood in my life. Any knowledgable individuals want to chip in? Are there other hormones at play in my case?

lvysaur

When I was at my healthiest, in college and eating low-PUFA high dairy high sugar, I had morning wood every single day

OP
U

username111

Its definitely there when I want it, no problems, but I never had the so called spontaneous erections nor morning wood in my life. I lived relatively peaty for the past years even before discovering Ray Peat. Could it be low estrogen, if thats even possible nowadays?
Guys that were in worse body shape and health condition would joke how they get ragers just looking at a girl, never had anything like that. Just a desire to ask her out.
I used to drink raw milk every day for many years as growing up, until I moved to US and I cant digest milk here for some reason.

Perry Staltic

Raging morning wood is a curse. Wakes me up and I have to mentally visualize somebody like Whopping Goldberg or Meghacow McCain to turn off the hurt

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Stopped getting those around 38 yo but still getting them on and off, especially when taking vitamin E or progesterone the previous day.

EustaceBagge

Interestingly, if I masturbate I get morning wood if I don't I don't get it. Usually after masturbation I have it for 2-3 days and I find it annoying because it feels like my **** is going to burst.

I don't think it's a matter of use it or lose it because the effects are short term at best. Don't know why it happens.

-Luke-

Interestingly, if I masturbate I get morning wood if I don't I don't get it. Usually after masturbation I have it for 2-3 days and I find it annoying because it feels like my **** is going to burst.

I don't think it's a matter of use it or lose it because the effects are short term at best. Don't know why it happens.
Do you have a higher libido in general during those 2-3 days?

Could be what's called the "chaser effect", where libido rises for a few days after ejaculation. Not sure why it happens, could be nature's way to ensure reproduction: You found someone to have sex with, lets repeat it until your partner is pregnant.

I'm not sure how much the body can differentiate between sex and masturbation.

EustaceBagge

Do you have a higher libido in general during those 2-3 days?

Could be what's called the "chaser effect", where libido rises for a few days after ejaculation. Not sure why it happens, could be nature's way to ensure reproduction: You found someone to have sex with, lets repeat it until your partner is pregnant.

I'm not sure how much the body can differentiate between sex and masturbation.
If I fail abstinence and masturbate then it is not a minor setback, it is a major setback. I have extreme libido after masturbation and getting back on track requires a lot of patience. I think your post explains it very well.

But even if I have libido I usually don't get morning wood unless I masturbated a couple days prior.

OP
U

username111

Vitamin E didnt do anything for me. Could it be estrogen related? im in my twenties and high total t level like I mentioned. Anybody else has ideas?

Yes it is a must for long term penile health. The penis being outside the body and consisting of chambers lined with endothelium has poor circulation. It requires irrigation to remain healthy and avoid fibrosis.

I think nocturnal erections are absolutely essential for long term sexual health in men. And if a man isn’t getting them he should figure out what the issue is.

Someone once spoke of using some paper tape on the penis and if the penis becomes erect the tape breaks during the night. This is a test to see if you are having erections that may not be in the morning when your wake up.

For a young healthy man, 40% or more of sleep is spent while erect.

EustaceBagge

Yes it is a must for long term penile health. The penis being outside the body and consisting of chambers lined with endothelium has poor circulation. It requires irrigation to remain healthy and avoid fibrosis.

I think nocturnal erections are absolutely essential for long term sexual health in men. And if a man isn’t getting them he should figure out what the issue is.

Someone once spoke of using some paper tape on the penis and if the penis becomes erect the tape breaks during the night. This is a test to see if you are having erections that may not be in the morning when your wake up.

This is very uncomfortable though. When I wake up in the night I don't remember having those painful morning woods. Is the 40% out of personal experience?

Panopticon

Wood on wake up is ai attempting to get exitotoxisity from endotoxin... aways a net negative... nobody talks about this because they are afraid... use 50:50 win-e-gurr(vinegar) and all-co-hall(alcohol) to tell your body where are its limits on subatomic level are, use oj starch and glass jars to make them... also put them in your oj, it keeps you in the now... coconut oil too if you can for more energy retention and anti endotoxin

OP
U

username111

Wood on wake up is ai attempting to get exitotoxisity from endotoxin... aways a net negative... nobody talks about this because they are afraid... use 50:50 win-e-gurr(vinegar) and all-co-hall(alcohol) to tell your body where are its limits on subatomic level are, use oj starch and glass jars to make them... also put them in your oj, it keeps you in the now... coconut oil too if you can for more energy retention and anti endotoxin
Can you elaborate in more depth?

I did the tape test for nocturnal erections many years ago and I passed it. Just recently I am interested as to why I never have them upon waking up.

Panopticon

Can you elaborate in more depth?

I did the tape test for nocturnal erections many years ago and I passed it. Just recently I am interested as to why I never have them upon waking up.
The ai slams your erection into endotoxin to create exitotoxicity vibration outside the body limits... when that form is not realized the body spends energy fixing it... they use this to extract energy... billions and maybe trillions leave the earth every month and are spent by ceres colony corpoation on trade goods... the owners of the earth, self appointed "kings" and everyone with an ai do the same thing... while people are afraid of nonexistent virus, and give them many times more energy when poisoned by vaccines... fake "conspiracy" graphene oxide propagators are no better than TV watchers when you look at the big picture... just consider the job of "kings"... to extract energy while the poor(poo are) squabble in the dirt... I am not taking sides, its soul based so the poor abusers caused it themselves and will abuse much more if given the chance... stay far away from both...

edit: take away the money of a millionaire and they will be a a millionaire in one year, it is soul based as they are abusers either way... don't let it brush on you...

Last edited:
If I lean too much on just carbs.. mostly fruit and maybe some potatoes it’s not really there. But I noticed when I up my meat and eggs it comes back HARD! Maybe it just boosts androgens with all hormones in the animal products.

I’d it’s a nuisance just listen to Kellogg’s advice and eat his products ;)

OP
U

username111

If I lean too much on just carbs.. mostly fruit and maybe some potatoes it’s not really there. But I noticed when I up my meat and eggs it comes back HARD! Maybe it just boosts androgens with all hormones in the animal products.

I’d it’s a nuisance just listen to Kellogg’s advice and eat his products ;)
Thank for the reply, but I metioned that I already have high androgens and I eat meat and eggs very frequently too.