Morning Temperatures

liam183

I have heard of taking morning temperature to measure thyroid function. Today, I tried and was 97.6 degrees F. What should it be? Also, does it matter where I take the temp? I did it on my forehead. Thanks in advance

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It can be confusing. It's preferable to be taken in the armpits, using a mercury thermometer for 10 minutes if you want to follow the Broda Barnes and compare your measurements. It also has to be first thing in the morning.

Many seem to use digital thermometer under the arm or oral without problems. I had major issues with consistency till I managed to get mercury thermometers from etsy (vintage).

Add 1 degree F to axial to compare to oral.

Also measure pulse when you take your temperature.

TheSir

Not many have ideal temperature straight from the bed, as this will depend on your sleep environment and whether you wake up naturally or to an alarm. More important is how quickly you get to 98.6. Preferably you'd get there within the first 30-60 minutes of waking up. Sublingual is the best route for measuring core temperature, which is what matters the most.

-Luke-

Are digital eat thermometers any good ?
I have a digital one and if I keep it in the armpit long enough, the results are very consistent and there is almost no variation. If I only keep it under my arm for a short time (until it beeps), there are relatively strong fluctuations, even though there are only a few minutes between measurements.

Don

I have a digital one and if I keep it in the armpit long enough, the results are very consistent and there is almost no variation. If I only keep it under my arm for a short time (until it beeps), there are relatively strong fluctuations, even though there are only a few minutes between measurements.
thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals