MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

kYgirl

@Rinse & rePeat, may I ask, have you noticed a difference between simple sugars on fat loss? Or have you noticed fat loss from coffee/caffeine alone? I've lost inches all over since I started drinking black tea daily 2 1/2 months ago, but I also replaced a good portion of my fruit calories with white sugar (1 cup daily) and I'm trying to figure out which is responsible and the mechanism involved. Do you know if caffeine acts like thyroid hormone or helps liver function so it's more efficient at converting T4 to T3?
Wow, a whole cup of sugar a day! Is that just in your tea or are you using it in other things as well?

Jennifer

Wow, a whole cup of sugar a day! Is that just in your tea or are you using it in other things as well?

LOL I was a little alarmed at first with all the sugar my body seems to be needing right now, but I'm just going with it. Haha! I use the majority of the sugar in my tea and tisanes--roughly 12 TBSP--and the rest in compôtes.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am happy to report that I am still maintaining my figure without exercise! I haven’t been to the gym in 30 years! I did start, brisk walking with a friend, two miles a day, the last two days, which feels great!

Attachments

• BB60BE5F-EF3D-4BDD-9EA5-445B3A8AF866.jpeg
    BB60BE5F-EF3D-4BDD-9EA5-445B3A8AF866.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 580FB4F0-5603-4C7C-B471-B8A8EC2FB744.jpeg
    580FB4F0-5603-4C7C-B471-B8A8EC2FB744.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 82
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I incorporated a new meal that I relied on heavily for n my teens canned green beans with a butter cheddar sauce. I melt butter in a small sauce pan with canned green beans and then when it is hot I toss in FINELY shredded cheddar and toss for 29 seconds or so till it melts in with the butter and voile! The green beans have zero fat. It makes for a great snack!

“Canned fruit and vegetable consumption is associated with “higher-quality diet, lower body weight, and lower blood pressure.” Canned vegetables have just as much nutritional value as fresh vegetables and can taste just as good. Canned vegetables are picked at the peak of ripeness and immediately canned, locking in flavor and nutrients.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rinse & RePeat:
I know you have said positive things about canned fruit and vegetables being easier to digest than fresh, but besides the metal can is there any downside to canned green beans? I see they are fat free without any fiber and 3.5 grams of protein in in can, which i easily consume heated with butter and melted in cheddar.
RAY PEAT:

“They are o.k.”

dlind70

Brausweager plus coke made me go poop so it's a plus. And you don't miss out on delicious food for that sake of it. Sometimes you need extra fat such as cottage cheese to help the meal digest.
And cottage cheese or dairy most people should be able to tolerate it even people who can't handle dairy and you get the calcium from that as well, another plus

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Brausweager plus coke made me go poop so it's a plus. And you don't miss out on delicious food for that sake of it. Sometimes you need extra fat such as cottage cheese to help the meal digest.
And cottage cheese or dairy most people should be able to tolerate it even people who can't handle dairy and you get the calcium from that as well, another plus
Yeah I wondered about that, because braunschwaeger has that same effect in me..

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I got a jar of lingonberry jam that came with my organic marmalade, and kearning more about them on the internet, I found they have some unusual benefits…

“Like other berries, lingonberries are a weight-loss-friendly food, providing just 54 calories per 3/4-cup (100-gram) serving.

However, there may be more at play than just a low calorie count when it comes to their potential role in controlling weight.

In a three-month study in mice on a high-fat diet, those receiving 20% of their calories from lingonberries weighed 21% less and had significantly lower body fat than those eating an equal-calorie, high-fat diet without berries.

What’s more, the lingonberry eaters also maintained their weight and lean body better than mice eating high-fat diets that contained other berries.

The reasons for the apparent anti-obesity effects of lingonberries weren’t assessed in this study but could be due to changes in gut bacteria that favor leanness.

Another study found that feeding mice lingonberries reduced the gut’s abundance of Firmicutes bacteria, which are linked to higher body weight. This may be because Firmicutes are better able to extract energy from undigested food particles.

Additionally, one test-tube study suggests that lingonberries may inhibit the action of an enzyme needed to digest fat from food. If you don’t digest fat, you won’t obtain its calories.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Crab meat contains a high content of selenium, which is a mineral considered to be essential in preventing damage to tissues and cells that can be caused by free radicals. Selenium also has a very positive impact on the function of the thyroid gland, protecting it against various types of oxidative damage, which allows the thyroid to continue producing hormones normally.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 2DF7E8A3-AC03-4AB5-A6D4-9CD360C9BEB0.jpeg
    2DF7E8A3-AC03-4AB5-A6D4-9CD360C9BEB0.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 30
P

Peatness

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I gained a lot of weight when I first introduced dairy back into my diet.

I think milk needs to be a meal rather than with a meal for it not to backfire. I mix my whole raw milk with nonfat when I want to lose weight.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I gained a lot of weight when I first introduced dairy back into my diet.

I think too many people drink the milk, but don’t get their vitamin D, via sun or topically, which is another reason why people gain weight ADDING in milk rather than SUBSTITUTING in milk, for a meal. Vitamin D is necessary for the body to use the calcium.

“According to Dr. Ray Peat calcium and vitamin D3 are essential for weight loss. When your diet is low in calcium and vitamin D3 the calcium metabolism gets disturbed and your PTH ( parathyroid hormone) rises. A high PTH suppresses metabolism and promotes inflammation and weight gain.

With a diet high in calcium and vitamin D3, the PTH is suppressed and your metabolic rate is promoted.

Calcium also directly inhibits the enzyme which synthesis fat, called fatty acid synthase.

In order to lose weight, it is thus important to use a high calcium diet as well as a vitamin D3 supplement, if you are not getting plenty of sunlight.”

P

Peatness

I think too many people drink the milk, but don’t get their vitamin D, via sun or topically, which is another reason why people gain weight ADDING in milk rather than SUBSTITUTING in milk, for a meal. Vitamin D is necessary for the body to use the calcium.

“According to Dr. Ray Peat calcium and vitamin D3 are essential for weight loss. When your diet is low in calcium and vitamin D3 the calcium metabolism gets disturbed and your PTH ( parathyroid hormone) rises. A high PTH suppresses metabolism and promotes inflammation and weight gain.

With a diet high in calcium and vitamin D3, the PTH is suppressed and your metabolic rate is promoted.

Calcium also directly inhibits the enzyme which synthesis fat, called fatty acid synthase.

In order to lose weight, it is thus important to use a high calcium diet as well as a vitamin D3 supplement, if you are not getting plenty of sunlight.”

I've been supplementing vitamin D for many years before peating.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I've been supplementing vitamin D for many years before peating.

I cannot suppliment vitamin D orally or topically without a problem.

Attachments

• A7E74CF4-B615-4D94-ACFA-1F0E451A2B27.png
    A7E74CF4-B615-4D94-ACFA-1F0E451A2B27.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Lead author Dr Javeria Saleem from University of the Punjab and Queen Mary University of London said: "High-dose vitamin D significantly boosted weight gain in malnourished children. This could be a game-changer in the management of severe acute malnutrition, which affects 20 million children worldwide."

P

Peatness

I cannot suppliment vitamin D orally or topically without a problem.

I'm ok with supplementing D. I must add that I am not over weight I have a bmi of approx 21/22. I had a bmi of 19 when I started peating

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals