MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

L_C

Oh boy. I have thin blood that would be a bit scary for me. Do you think it is releasing water from muscles?
Well, I do take vitamin K2 Mk4...and that thickens my blood. I also take gelatin.

Hm, hard to say from where but the most for me it's releasing from subsurface of my skin. Like my abs popped up overnight...or inside of my thighs is way more slim.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Well, I do take vitamin K2 Mk4...and that thickens my blood. I also take gelatin.

Hm, hard to say from where but the most for me it's releasing from subsurface of my skin. Like my abs popped up overnight...or inside of my thighs is way more slim.

Have you looked into "ascites"?

Attachments

• 20211104_162732.jpg
    20211104_162732.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 18

L_C

Have you looked into "ascites"?
I haven't. Thank you for pointing it out. Perhaps, something to look into. Though unsure if that applies to me since I see having water retention all over my body, not just in my belly.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I haven't. Thank you for pointing it out. Perhaps, something to look into. Though unsure if that applies to me since I see having water retention all over my body, not just in my belly.

Yeah I didn't want to scare you, but when I did a search about your water dumping, that just kept coming up.

L_C

Yeah I didn't want to scare you, but when I did a search about your water dumping, that just kept coming up.
But wouldn't ALT & AST on blood work indicate liver problems? I just had it recently done and came back all normal ( midrange).

Honestly, water dumping wouldn't happen if not for aspirin. I strongly believe in my case it's hormonal related... especially, when I'm in luteal phase.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
But wouldn't ALT & AST on blood work indicate liver problems? I just had it recently done and came back all normal ( midrange).

Honestly, water dumping wouldn't happen if not for aspirin. I strongly believe in my case it's hormonal related... especially, when I'm in luteal phase.

You are probably right, and I don't know a thing about ascites until it kept coming up on my searches for aspirin and water in belly in legs expelling. I never heard the word before. Not knowing you or your health I just felt it was good to throw it out there.

Saphire

Here is some easy math to remember:

Sugar + Fat = Fat (remember starches get converted to sugar so this equals baked potato with butter)

Sugar + Starch = Fat (this is sugar on top of sugar, aka cupcakes, and how diabetes happens)

To keep excess fat away, you want to stick to this formula.

Sugar + LEAN Protein = Fat Loss (this is the pairing fats with nonfats idea, example: nonfat milk with honey, fish or cheese with fruit, lean steak with Coke)

If I am having a starch I keep the rest of ingredients as low in fat as possible, examples:

-my liver tostado, I use as little fat as possible to fry my tostado in as well as the fat I fry my meat in. I use mozzarella which has 30% less fat and I dont use sour cream.

-A hamburger, I skip the mayo sauces, but have the cheese, pickle, mustard, ketchup and onion and have it lettuce wrapped with a small coke. No fries!

-pizza i will have a couple of bites with the crust (cause the crust converts to sugar, and then just eat the toppings from several pieces after that and throw away the crusts. If you want to stay away from the wheat, have a small coke with it, the toppings is more of that, bad, sugar + fat combo)

Most of the time I go starchless eating things mentioned below:

-I love to eat a pile of shrimp, and do weekly, just steamed and dipped in melted butter! That is a good "fats with nonfats" pairing. It is good to have a little fruit or honey before or a bit after that meal.

-my boil & broil, nearly fat free, wings I pair with a sugary or fruity sauce, and I eat a good amount of these in one sitting!

-a seasoned flat iron steak with sweetened espresso with a half cup of nonfat milk

-seared scallops with fresh tomato cream sauce or a lemon marmalade
and green onion sauce.

-my meatloaf with my pineapple ketchup topping is a favorite just by itself and needs no pairing except an espresso shot to block iron

-fried eggs in butter, seasoned salt and with Chinese 5-Spice and topped with green onion and coconut Aminos needs no pairings

-fruit infused water with a salty mozzarella is a favorite snack

So let's get busy and get that extra fat gone!
Do you have the recipe for these? Spring Onion meatloaf?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Do you have the recipe for these? Spring Onion meatloaf?

I am remaking my usual stuff and posting the photo directions for them on my five links below. I haven't posted the meatliaf yet. Basically I mix a pound of lean 85/15 hamburger (or I double the recipe woth half ground beef and half lamb) in a bowl and add two eggs, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (very important), a bunch of chopped green onion, like a third cup, (white and green parts), some white shredded carrots about a third cup, 1/4 cup of sprouted oats or finely crushed Epic pork rinds, a 1/4 cup of half & half, sometimes a clove or two of fresh chopped garlic, maybe some finely chopped orange or red bell pepper and about a teaspoon of salt. I mix it all up and put it in a loaf pan and top it with a mixture of a small can of VERY drained crushed pineapple, some ketchup and some brown sugar, and bake it in 350° oven for about an hour and 15 minutes.

Here are my 5 recipe links....

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

This past two weeks I have been dealing with the stresses of my husband fracturing his back. I have not been taking care of myself and eating enough calories from milk or honey, and my fat loss has stalled. The scale still says 7 pounds down, and my white size 6 shorts zip right up, eating half as much. I am just glad cortisol hasn't undone everything. I am not eating much honey and only getting in two to three glasses of milk, and eating more meat than usual, since my husband is at home 24/7 and needs to eat meat because he can't tolerate very much milk. He will be off work for months so hopefully I can acclimate him to more milk. My challenge for him is to put weight on so it is a precarious balance cooking for both of us.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Appetite should be the basic guide. When your liver has enough glycogen stored, sweet things aren't appetizing" -Ray Peat

Funny I have been experiencing this, not wanting a lot of honey this past week. The milk still sounds good, but not sweets so much.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This one is really good!

"The antioxidants in very fresh coffee might have some special value, but I think instant coffee is on average just as good as brewed coffee. The high temperature of espresso gets the most caffeine, lower temperature processes get the minerals and vitamins (mostly niacin) and aroma, but a little less of the caffeine." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Ray said he tries to get all his sugars from fruit, and only uses white sugar when he has no fruit, which I assume is rare. he also said he consumes around 1500-1600 calories of sugar per day, which is more than half of his calories. So it is certainly a high carb diet, around 400-500 grams per day." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

After my last update, I had added back in liver days earlier, but I was still taking the sprouted brown rice cereal shortcuts, too busy to make myself a meal, and NOT eating honey. I just really haven't been in the mood for honey lately probably because of the carbs from the cereal. I have been having marmalade everyday in my tea or by the spoonful, and the whipped raw honey in my coffee. Today I am down 8.5 pounds now. I started back on my shrimp today, which I haven't had for 3+ weeks, maybe even four. Overall I liked seeing that my milk and honey fat loss experiments works, and I will use it as a supplimetal tool in lieu of a meal sometimes, but I need variety. Red meat really isn't it for me, I feel heavy. Raw beef makes me feel good or a very rare steak is ok sometimes in a small amount. I am making a conscious effort to add in fruit.l this past few days. I have been eating fresh Keit mango many nights this past week and a cup or two of fresh squeezed and strained orange juice with whipped honey and salt, oh so good! Today I am adding back in frozen raspberries, blueberries and some exotic fruits like dragon fruit and passion fruit. I feel so good starting my day with a third pound of shrimp sauteed in butter with some Tabasco. I followed it with a cup of boiling water with 1 tablespoon of gelatin (not collagen) with a little whipped honey and some orange marmalade. So I started my day with 38 grams of protein!

Attachments

• 20211116_112742.jpg
    20211116_112742.jpg
    705.4 KB · Views: 11
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that's why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed." -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

The last three days have been telling. I ate my homemade meatloaf Tuesday night, Wednesday for lunch and dinner and Thursday for dinner and my weigh went up only a half pound, and shot up another pound after two days of eating yeastless sourdough with butter and jelly for two days, yum! I had homemade raspberry juice and dragon fruit juice that I sweetened with whipped honey 4 days in a row, and after enjoying shrimp and chicken with roasted garlic cream sauce and marinara I am the lowest this morning, that I have been yet this year, with a little six pack popping out, like a two and half pack :D That shrimp and fruit is the best for fat loss! I am focusing today on more of my strained homemade fruit juices with honey, for the minerals and color (for skin). I am drinking a tablespoon of gelatin this morning (not colllagen) with whipped honey and a couple sprigs of fresh mint, which have not done the last 3 days. It is everything for skin right now, while losing fat! I even gave myself a manuka honey mask yesterday and feel on top of the world ever since!

Attachments

• 20211120_115014.jpg
    20211120_115014.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20211117_102900.jpg
    20211117_102900.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

Still staying at 8.5 pound weight loss, without much fluctation, eating things that normally would put weight on me. Last night I had 1/3 pound of meatballs with an onion, sour cream, bone broth sauce, and surely expected to see a spike on the scale or some bloating this morning, but my stomach is as flat as can be today. I am thinking upping my fruit intake with fresh juices, minus the seeds and fiber, has played a part in my flat stomach. I even had a half pack of my favorite jalapeno Chomperz yesterday, with a baby aspirin of course. I drizzled slices from a half of a mango with sweetened condensed milk last night too, so I am getting a great variety of foods, and feeling not only satisfied, but rather indulgent. I will post soon a new update pic showing how much this last three, less, pounds look on me :)

Attachments

• 20211121_092058.jpg
    20211121_092058.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211121_092435.jpg
    20211121_092435.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211121_092441.jpg
    20211121_092441.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 24
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"In fact, fast eaters are up to 115% more likely than slower eaters to be obese (3Trusted Source).

They also tend to gain weight over time, which may be partially due to eating too fast.

In one study in over 4,000 middle-aged adults, those who said they ate very fast tended to be heavier and had gained the most body weight since age 20 (5Trusted Source).

Another study examined weight change in 529 men over 8 years. Those who reported being fast eaters gained more than twice as much weight as self-described slow or medium-paced eaters."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am liking these lately! They have lots of calcium and protein. They come in several flavors, but I have only tried the parmesan garlic. I have pepper jack and gouda ordered and on the way!

Attachments

• 20211207_151855.jpg
    20211207_151855.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211207_151905.jpg
    20211207_151905.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 16