MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE:

I hadn't had a chance to post my last two days of food, which I was down .6 pound on each day for a total now a solid 7 pounds of weight loss in the last 6 or so weeks. It seems the more I eat, with the fat low and calcium, protein and sugar high, i get bigger and more steady amounts of weight loss now, meaning not so many fluctuation up and down from day to day. Here is Thursdays food and below is yesterday!

10/28 - Thursday down .6 pound with this food the next morning

*1 cup brewed coffee w/1/3 cup frothed skimmed milk & sugar
3 protein/11% calcium

*2 scoop gelatin & fresh mint tea w/whipped honey & 2 lightly cooked egg yolks in butter
17 protein/

*1/3 pound butter sauteed wild jumbo Mexican white shrimp w/hot sauce & spoonful whipped honey
31 protein/7% calcium

*2 cups skimmed raw milk
20 protein/70% calcium

*2 cups skimmed raw mik w/chocolate truffle
20 protein/70% calcium

*3 baby potatoes w/watercress & EVOO

*1 oz macadamias w/oz fresh pressed apple & purple carrot juice
4 protein

*3/4 sprouted brown rice crispies w/ one cup whole raw milk
12 protein/35% calcium

TOTAL 107 protein/193% calcium

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
Friday - 10/30

*2 cups brewed coffee w/skimmed half & half w/whipped honey

*1 teaspoon instant coffee w/skimmed half & half w/ whipped honey

*1/3 pound wild jumbo white Mexican fish sauteed in 1 tsp butter w/hot sauce
31 protein

*orange peel & 2 scoops gelatin w/whipped honey tea
11 protein

*2 cups skimmed raw milk
20 protein/70% calcium

*ground beef masa taco w/cheese, sour cream & hot sauce @4:30
30 protein/17% calcium

*spoonful of whipped honey & 2 cups skimmed raw milk
20 protein/70% calcium

*cup coffee w/skimmed half & half & raw whipped honey

*1 cup sprouted brown rice cereal & 1 cup raw skimmed milk
13 protein/ 35% calcium

TOTAL 125 protein/192% calcium

OP
Rinse & rePeat
So far I am impressed with how uncomplicated andcsatiafyingbitvis to lose weight with dairy. Skimming it is the magic. I lost 10 pound in a year eating large amounts of ffood on the "Eat Right For Your Blood Type Diet" which made a HUGE difference in my body composition. Trading my fat for muscle this way is much quicker and I am not on a crazy restricted diet doing it. I have never tried losing weight with dairy before and it is much more satiating than it was in my "Lose Fat Not Pounds" experiment in early 2019 when it was meat & seafood, proteins, cheese, fruit & sugar. Of course I only did it for about 6 weeks too. It would be hard to be grain free AND dairy free do I am glad dairy is my friend now. I will continue this way of eating, but with only 4 pounds to go and it coming of quicker, I might be having to flip it like Jennifer and start having to eat to gain weight again!

"In recent years there have been studies showing that regular milk drinkers are less fat than people who don't drink it. Although the high quality protein and saturated fat undoubtedly contribute to milk's anti-obesity effect, the high calcium content is probably the main factor." -Ray Peat

taralynne

I bought this one gor years before switching to the Wendell Farms. It was still too honey tasting compared to the Wendell Farms. I didn't like that it would separate as it got older with a clear honey layer and a whipped layer. It made me suspicious if it was really 100% honey.
That's interesting... I have never seen honey separate as you described. Mine stays the same solid consistency till its gone. I buy the Y.S. ECO BEE FARMS brand.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That's interesting... I have never seen honey separate as you described. Mine stays the same solid consistency till its gone. I buy the Y.S. ECO BEE FARMS brand.

Here's what mine looked like.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-104651_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211031-104651_Samsung Internet.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 20

Dom

I know this is not very "peaty" but looking into mamalian physiology I came to the conclusion that it is probably best to eat all the carbs you want as long as it is summer and to eat only small amounts of them during winter. Combine a high fat diet with cold adaptation and you will become a fat burning machine ;). This is what a lot mammals do naturally across the year. Summer -> sugar burning, atumn -> accumuating fat, winter -> fat burning.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I know this is not very "peaty" but looking into mamalian physiology I came to the conclusion that it is probably best to eat all the carbs you want as long as it is summer and to eat only small amounts of them during winter. Combine a high fat diet with cold adaptation and you will become a fat burning machine ;). This is what a lot mammals do naturally across the year. Summer -> sugar burning, atumn -> accumuating fat, winter -> fat burning.

I lived on carbs my whole life Dom, and was lean and considered skinny by all measures of the word, at size 0 at one point. I realized way too late in years that I don't think skinny looks good or healthy, so I got myself looking strong instead 3 years ago. Last year, continuing into early this year, I revisited the starch idea, COMBINING them with Peat principles of pairing proteins with sugars and eating my carbs at night and it did not go well. This is why I have this opportunity to go back to Peat's advice and avoid starches to lose my starch fat, and I can do it in real time with EXACTLY what I am eating.

"Starches increase the stress hormones, interfering with progesterone and thyroid.” -Ray Peat

"When starch is well cooked, and eaten with some fat and the essential nutrients, it's safe, except that it's more likely than sugar to produce fat, and isn't as efficient for mineral balance. -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I have never seen honey do that before..
Me either. That is why I just tossed mine. There is this thread on honey, I posted below, I have been in for months and it about how much honey is faked and how it crystalized when it is not, otherwise it is suspected to be made with part sugar to make more money. The one that I threw out was not crystalized. This thread has made a little made suspicious now. Makes me wonder when real honey is good for diabetics, how many are not having success with it because it is full of white sugar?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE 11/1

I am having some stress this past couple of days, and yesterday I ate much less food and milk; and relied on quick carbs instead, and my weight this morning is the same as the day before when I had eaten so much the day before and lost .6 pound. Yesterday I had one cup of coffee with my skimmed milk, 2 bowls of sprouted rice Crispies cereal with my skimmed raw milk and a bowl of mashed baby potatoes topped with a little ricotta, sour cream and hot sauce and followed it up with a cup of skimmed raw mil. I also had a couple of spoonfuls of whipped honey a couple of times between meals. I figure I got about 50 grams of protein, 80% calcium and a lot less calories and the scale stayed the same. I am sure if my calorie and protein intake was higher yesterday that scale would be up today adding in starchy carbs.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
UPDATE 11/2

Again stresses this past couple of days had me not eating optimally. Although I didn't eat anything starchy besides my a cup and a half of my sprouted brown rice crispies, equaling two bowls of them, plus 2 cups of extra milk, a few bites of grass fed steak with some lavender goat cheese, a couple of spoonfuls of honey and some gelatin orange peel tea and coffee was the extent of it. I figure I had about 60 grams of protein and not near enough sugar as I usually have. So low calories and low sugar did not serve me well, as my weight stayed exactly the same the last two days. Hopefully my body didn't dip into my muscles stores. Today I am going to do better, as I have some cod and corn & soy free chicken wings defrosting. "Hang in there muscles I am coming to the rescue!"

L_C

“STARCH and GLUCOSE efficiently stimulate insulin secretion, and that accelerates the disposition of glucose, activating its conversion to glycogen and fat, as well as its oxidation. Fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose, so this means that eating ordinary sugar, sucrose (a disaccharide, consisting of glucose and fructose), in place of starch, will reduce the tendency to store fat. Eating “complex carbohydrates,” rather than sugars, is a reasonable way to promote obesity. Eating starch, by increasing insulin and lowering the blood sugar, stimulates the appetite, causing a person to eat more, so the effect on fat" -Ray Peat

I have asked this question many times, how does starch plus sugar not equal a cookie? How does anybody think that is not a combination for bad health and accumulated fat? I am not saying it isn't possible to lose weight eating cookies, but Ray Peat's science isn't about weight loss, it is about a healthy metabolism and slowing down the aging process, and everything that goes with it, and cookies are not going to accomplish that goal, as we can see everywhere we look!

There are many ways to lose weight as long as there is a deficiency somewhere, whether that be low fat, low protein, low carb or low calorie, but losing weight does not mean losing fat, and sugar can be a problem or it can be helpful depending on how you use it.

"People on a standard diet will typically burn 200 or 300 more calories per day when that amount of sugar is added to their diet; but if extra fat is added, too, some of the extra calories are likely to be deposited as fat. It's important to watch the signs of changing heat production as the diet changes." -Ray Peat

If you kept your fats low, let's say around 20 to 30 grams and add in "Coke freely" it is still a VERY lowfat diet that prompts you to burn your own body's fat. No matter how many calories you consume in sugar it is still a fat burning diet. A high fat diet will create fat, but again not sugar. You can lose weight eating just potatoes without added fats because it is a ZERO fat diet and your body converts that potato to sugar, so a potato in itself does not cause weight gain it is the added fats and the slowing of digestion that creates fat. I expect ancient cultures used their potatoes differently, more as a sugar source when fruit wasn't available and didn't pile on oils or butter.

The question now is why people don't lose weight with Ray Peat recommended foods? Say you have a burger on a bun and a Coke with it, that is a recipe for disaster! The bun is already the sugar source, so the Coke adds nothing except too much! The body also has to slow down to do a lot of work converting that bun/starch into a usuable sugar source before it can use it and then spend another 6 hours to break down the protein and fats, and then we dilute all those digestive juices with a Coke? More sugar at this point just equals more calories that can't be used right away so they get stored as fat. The key to weight loss in that scenerio is to make digestion easier, by eating having the burger without the bun, or fries, and leaving your body to focus on the meat, getting it broken down quickly, by having the Coke instead, or just have the burger with the bun, or better yet open faced! Weight management is about balancing, not piling things on top of each other and expecting our bodies to fight it out with good results. That all gets even harder for a body to do when age slows everything down even more. I find the phrase "Keep it simple stupid" to be wise words to live by nowadays. That means instead of the typical American plate looking like a protein source, two sides and a dessert, my strategy is the main course IS THE MEAL, no sides, but dessert stays, just a little later! The more complicated the meal the slower the digestion and more fat not burned or stored. If I want to have a side, like mashed potatoes and gravy, I make it THE MEAL. My other strategy, to keep the jiggles at bay, is to pair fats with non fats. The excess of too much fat in one sitting gets stored until it can be used.

Many people have interpreted Ray Peat's sugar recommendation as an invitation to snack on gummy bears and bowls of fat laden ice cream, and therein lies the problems. This isn't a have your cake and eat it TOO lifestyle, but rather enjoy a LITTLE dessert with your starch free dinner. Remember starch gets converted to sugar so more sugar isn't going to build muscle, and having abundant muscles IS NECESSARY for the body to burn fat. Starch is a baby pacifier, keeping the body busy for a long time, and not leaving enough room for the proteins needed to build those fat burning muscles.

There are endless possibilities of how to lose weight while anti-aging via Ray Peat! I would never again want to count calories, fast, cram down tons of meat low carbing, be vegan living on raw vegetables, or having the most cellulite I have ever had being a vegetarian or any of those other depriving diets that take the joy out of eating. I really don't know how it can get any better than this?
Recently I discovered how much my weight gain was actually water retention due to extra estrogen. I mean it wasn't much - three pounds but I had it like my entire life not knowing that it's water retention. What is interesting is that progesterone didn't shed the water weight but aspirin did.

I wonder if long term use of aspirin (max 350mg) along with K2/gelatin is actually safe. I do see benefits from taking aspirin but also question if it's not going to mess me up other ways.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Recently I discovered how much my weight gain was actually water retention due to extra estrogen. I mean it wasn't much - three pounds but I had it like my entire life not knowing that it's water retention. What is interesting is that progesterone didn't shed the water weight but aspirin did.

I wonder if long term use of aspirin (max 350mg) along with K2/gelatin is actually safe. I do see benefits from taking aspirin but also question if it's not going to mess me up other ways.

You may be onto something there. Long term as in daily aspirin might not be the thing for me as I am an "O" blood type, which has thin blood already with clotting challenges, but it sounds reasonable for other blood types with normal clotting blood, Especislly "A" blood types who are suppose to be predispositions for cancers and heart troubles. What challenges are you thinking my be an issue.

L_C

You may be onto something there. Long term as in daily aspirin might not be the thing for me as I am an "O" blood type, which has thin blood already with clotting challenges, but it sounds reasonable for other blood types with normal clotting blood, Especislly "A" blood types who are suppose to be predispositions for cancers and heart troubles. What challenges are you thinking my be an issue.

Not sure if I understand your last question right. Yes, I do have other underlying issues. What caught me by surprise is how much weight gain is actually water retention due to estrogen. And that aspirin was able to get did of it. I feel much better on aspirin.

taralynne

Me either. That is why I just tossed mine. There is this thread on honey, I posted below, I have been in for months and it about how much honey is faked and how it crystalized when it is not, otherwise it is suspected to be made with part sugar to make more money. The one that I threw out was not crystalized. This thread has made a little made suspicious now. Makes me wonder when real honey is good for diabetics, how many are not having success with it because it is full of white sugar?

This is really terrible ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Not sure if I understand your last question right. Yes, I do have other underlying issues. What caught me by surprise is how much weight gain is actually water retention due to estrogen. And that aspirin was able to get did of it. I feel much better on aspirin.

After you posting this I started on a couple baby aspirin yesterday. I will see if I notice anything too.

L_C

After you posting this I started on a couple baby aspirin yesterday. I will see if I notice anything too.
If you take small doses you might not see a difference. I would think between 300-500mg for 3-4days should do a trick. You might have to experiment if you need more or less.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
If you take small doses you might not see a difference. I would think between 300-500mg for 3-4days should do a trick. You might have to experiment if you need more or less.

Oh boy. I have thin blood that would be a bit scary for me. Do you think it is releasing water from muscles?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals