More Than One Third Of Men And Almost Half Of Women Are Energy Deficient

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the relationship between calories and energy? Peat has mentioned that after taking thyroid his caloric intake halved, and I've never been able to understand that. Shouldn't thyroid increase caloric requirement?

Or, to put as a practical example: if two individuals ate either 2000kcal or 3000kcal, if all other factors were equal and neither were gaining weight, would the latter be in a better state of health, energetically speaking, than the former?

When thyroid is not working well, we "waste" glucose converting it in lactic acid and fat. With thyroid, most glucose is converted to ATP and we can get by on a lot less. The extreme illustration of this is in cancer where the tumor just cannot get enough energy through inefficient glycolysis and ends up consuming the host.

Tenacity

When thyroid is not working well, we "waste" glucose converting it in lactic acid and fat. With thyroid, most glucose is converted to ATP and we can get by on a lot less. The extreme illustration of this is in cancer where the tumor just cannot get enough energy through inefficient glycolysis and ends up consuming the host.

So how can one know if the thyroid is working well? I'm assuming blood tests? I can eat up to 3300kcal without weight gain and still don't feel like a 'healthy' person.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So how can one know if the thyroid is working well? I'm assuming blood tests? I can eat up to 3300kcal without weight gain and still don't feel like a 'healthy' person.

Pulse and temps, especially pre- and after eating values, and the ones taken in the morning are especially reliable. Also, is pulse and temps are high but extremities are low then it is probably adrenaline and not thyroid. In hypo people thyroid initially may lower pulse and temps.

Spokey

I speak to a lady at work every now and then, one of the cleaners. Overweight and lethargic. She has a chronic infection, I asked if she had thyroid problems. She said yes, she'd been hypo, then hyperthyroid. They took out her thyroid, she's on T4 and is diabetic. She's on metformin too. It's a wonder anyone has any energy for anything these days.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I speak to a lady at work every now and then, one of the cleaners. Overweight and lethargic. She has a chronic infection, I asked if she had thyroid problems. She said yes, she'd been hypo, then hyperthyroid. They took out her thyroid, she's on T4 and is diabetic. She's on metformin too. It's a wonder anyone has any energy for anything these days.

Eventually, we will all depend on Big Pharma for our T4 shot to even get out of bed. In a wild conspiracy dream some may even think it is on purpose. Corporations will be able to control productivity down to how many minutes each of us will be able to work based on their thyroid dosage.

Spokey

That'll be even more terrible if you can't convert the T4 into T3!:D

Makrosky

Yes, we all have glycolysis, it is the first metabolic step. It only becomes a problem when it is excessive due to subsequent steps (Krebs cycle or ETC) are not working properly. When they are not working well the body has to upregulate the glycolysis step to provide energy and since it is a very inefficient way to provide energy the body has to use a LOT of calories and also create quite a few new cells (cancer) to stay alive. As I posted in another thread just now, this excessive glycolysis is what CREATES the cancer, it is not just a result of cancer (Warburg effect) as we have been lied to for more than 100 years.
Acetaldehyde As A Cause For Chronic Migraines In Candida Patients
So haidut, that is why Ray says using thyroid improve calorie utilization? Like you get more juice out of them. So appetite after all is not a good indicator of health, because you can ingest a lot of calories that are not properly used. I'm asking you this because recently i'm experimenting with red light and have found an increase in thyroid function, specially warmer feet and hands, and I've found my appetite has diminished. It sounds contradictory but reading what you just posted maybe i'm using calories more efficiently now?

Makrosky

Pulse and temps, especially pre- and after eating values, and the ones taken in the morning are especially reliable. Also, is pulse and temps are high but extremities are low then it is probably adrenaline and not thyroid. In hypo people thyroid initially may lower pulse and temps.
Absolutely, I'm just experiencing this first hand right now. I used to have a low TSH, good temps around 36.8-9 and 85bpm but cold feet. Now using red light I have the same temps, less bpms BUT warm feet. Very different feeling. Much more calmer. Much less hungry, I have to kind of force myself to eat and I thought my metabolism actually decreased but now in the light of this maybe I'm just using the calories better and I don't need that much (I'm not very physically active ATM).

GAF

I eat to full, and I know men, and even more than women around, that are vegan and eat salads.... or fruits....

and they have more energy than me.

I am out dancing with women frequently and they have virtually unlimited energy and rarely ever get out of breath no matter how many explosive spins. turns, or other hyper quick dance moves I put them through. Some are a bit rounder than others.

But, nearly all are not healthy. They are fueled by estrogen, adrenaline, or some speed-like substance, maybe even food.

It's a mystery to me and most of these ladies will live long time.

But, most are unhealthy, if their personalities are any indication.

I am beginning to wonder if "energy" is not quite the correct word.

paymanz

I am out dancing with women frequently and they have virtually unlimited energy and rarely ever get out of breath no matter how many explosive spins. turns, or other hyper quick dance moves I put them through. Some are a bit rounder than others.

But, nearly all are not healthy. They are fueled by estrogen, adrenaline, or some speed-like substance, maybe even food.

They probably spend little energy when they dance as they love it.

Just my opinion.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Something to keep in mind is that (unless you are dating them) you don't know how these women feel during the night or throughout the day. Many of these "energetic", driven individuals run on cortisol and have poor sleep and even poorer bowel health. Most of them crash hard by age 45 and this is when serious issues like breast cancer start to pop up, even though nowadays it is considered common for 20yo to have lymphoma or breast cancer.
What is healthy is to have the endurance of a puppy/child - i.e. beaming with energy for a few hours and then in a need of a nap. Rinse, repeat during the day and then deep sleep at night. Night owls are the unhealthiest and crash earlier than others.

theLaw

Energy you say.........

A6ON9bx.gif

L

lollipop

Eventually, we will all depend on Big Pharma for our T4 shot to even get out of bed. In a wild conspiracy dream some may even think it is on purpose. Corporations will be able to control productivity down to how many minutes each of us will be able to work based on their thyroid dosage.
Plain scary. Not me, NEVER will I depend on big Pharma for anything.

GAF

"When chorea is serious, slight movements will become thrashing motions; this form of severe chorea is referred to as ballism or ballismus." Wikipedia

Regina

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Jsaute21

I eat to full, and I know men, and even more than women around, that are vegan and eat salads.... or fruits....

and they have more energy than me.

Never guess how much energy someone has. Some people are very healthy and have functional metabolism. Others run on stress hormones, many take smart drugs, etc. Unless you really know somebody, you probably don't know how functional their energy is.

InChristAlone

Something to keep in mind is that (unless you are dating them) you don't know how these women feel during the night or throughout the day. Many of these "energetic", driven individuals run on cortisol and have poor sleep and even poorer bowel health. Most of them crash hard by age 45 and this is when serious issues like breast cancer start to pop up, even though nowadays it is considered common for 20yo to have lymphoma or breast cancer.
What is healthy is to have the endurance of a puppy/child - i.e. beaming with energy for a few hours and then in a need of a nap. Rinse, repeat during the day and then deep sleep at night. Night owls are the unhealthiest and crash earlier than others.
Yes this! :+1 night owls are in terrible shape. They will claim intelligent people need less sleep. Lol

I wanted to gauge if I still need niacinamide so I stopped taking my 100 mg last week. I am a wreck, emotional, annoyed, impatient, can't find joy, and I feel like I need to eat more food. The comment about not utilizing energy made me think of it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals