More Than One Third Of Men And Almost Half Of Women Are Energy Deficient

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wanted to note from the start that this is NOT about calories, this is about ENERGY deficiency as a result of bad metabolism. So, while not the same as hypothyroidism, this study shows just how sick the general population is (if we assume that energetic deficiency is behind all diseases). Now, I now that this study is about India but a recent comparison study of Western diet with Asian nations found that Indians eating commercial food are on average better nourished than the Westerners, so the situation in Western Europe and USA could be worse. But I probably don't need to tell you just how bad the Western diet is, most people who have travelled already know this first-hand.
This should be a wake-up call for all the naysayers who complain that we don't need to take thiamine or niacinamide. Without those nutrients we cannot properly generate energy and are stuck in glycolysis with all of its negative consequences. And keep in mind that even with proper intake from food most people probably need extra since absorption for many people is compromised due to digestive disturbances induced by all of the "safe" emulsifiers like carrageenan that are present in virtually all commercial foods. As I posted in the study on thiamine and Chron's disease - the blood thiamine levels of these patients were normal but they still had cellular thiamine deficiency, which only 600mg daily dose of thiamine was able to overcome.

44 per cent women are energy deficient

"...According to the Urban Nutrition Report which was released on Tuesday by the National Institute of Nutrition, 34 per cent of urban men and 44 percent of urban women suffer from a chronic deficiency of energy. This deficiency is observed in overweight as well as undernourished individuals. The survey has revealed that boys are excessively thin and undernourished during their teenage years as compared to girls. The deficiency of energy experienced by them is the result of the inadequate intake of micronutrients such as iron, thiamine and niacin.

Xisca

Without those nutrients we cannot properly generate energy and are stuck in glycolysis with all of its negative consequences.
Could we up to date the meaning of that word, glycolisis, so that we can speak with other people? I had to stop talking with a friend who is a biologist, or better said, she had to stop talking with me! Just because I used the word glycolisis as a non sense for her. She told me that we all have glycolisis and that it is normal....
So, what is the real physiological reaction you are talking about, and how is is called by biologists?

Thanks for the post, I also view that we have to speak about energy and not calories. Get more heat from the best around stove, and burning less wood!

paymanz

The low cellular level of thiamine may be caused by a manganese or magnesium deficiency too.

And emulsifiers block absorption of nutrients? What's the mechanism?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Could we up to date the meaning of that word, glycolisis, so that we can speak with other people? I had to stop talking with a friend who is a biologist, or better said, she had to stop talking with me! Just because I used the word glycolisis as a non sense for her. She told me that we all have glycolisis and that it is normal....
So, what is the real physiological reaction you are talking about, and how is is called by biologists?

Thanks for the post, I also view that we have to speak about energy and not calories. Get more heat from the best around stove, and burning less wood!

Yes, we all have glycolysis, it is the first metabolic step. It only becomes a problem when it is excessive due to subsequent steps (Krebs cycle or ETC) are not working properly. When they are not working well the body has to upregulate the glycolysis step to provide energy and since it is a very inefficient way to provide energy the body has to use a LOT of calories and also create quite a few new cells (cancer) to stay alive. As I posted in another thread just now, this excessive glycolysis is what CREATES the cancer, it is not just a result of cancer (Warburg effect) as we have been lied to for more than 100 years.
Acetaldehyde As A Cause For Chronic Migraines In Candida Patients

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Dante

haidut said:
The survey has revealed that boys are excessively thin and undernourished during their teenage years
See the positive side of it , delayed puberty and the paradox that follows once puberty sets in after nutrition is normalized :)

Xisca

A snake circle story! Bad krebs circle = too much glycolisis but not enough for the unefficient solution = even more glycolisis, that's it?

But then it makes me think that burning fats is a better solution when the krebs circle does not work properly.

Tenacity

Yes, we all have glycolysis, it is the first metabolic step. It only becomes a problem when it is excessive due to subsequent steps (Krebs cycle or ETC) are not working properly. When they are not working well the body has to upregulate the glycolysis step to provide energy and since it is a very inefficient way to provide energy the body has to use a LOT of calories and also create quite a few new cells (cancer) to stay alive. As I posted in another thread just now, this excessive glycolysis is what CREATES the cancer, it is not just a result of cancer (Warburg effect) as we have been lied to for more than 100 years.

What is the relationship between calories and energy? Peat has mentioned that after taking thyroid his caloric intake halved, and I've never been able to understand that. Shouldn't thyroid increase caloric requirement?

Or, to put as a practical example: if two individuals ate either 2000kcal or 3000kcal, if all other factors were equal and neither were gaining weight, would the latter be in a better state of health, energetically speaking, than the former?

mattyb

What everyone here calls glycolosis, they actually mean anaerobic glycolosis/fermentation (conversion of pyruvate to lactate via LDH). Glycolosis is mostly an intermediate step, not an end point like the ETC or fermentation - it net produces only 2 ATP molecules so this reaction needs to happen a lot to match ATP synthesis under aerobic conditions. Lactate produced via AG is then converted into glucose and then this cycle repeats. It's a cause for confusion often. Under aerobic conditions, glycolosis proceeds as normal, but the pyruvate is then fed into the Krebs cylce and ultimately the ETC (electron transport chain). This aerobic process creates 30 ATP per glucose molecule.

Xisca

Thanks for this clear summary!
Under aerobic conditions, glycolosis proceeds as normal,
What is difficult to understand is why Peat speaks about anaerobic glycolisis... I think it was what I said that made my biologist friend opened wide eyes...

squanch

What everyone here calls glycolosis, they actually mean anaerobic glycolosis/fermentation (conversion of pyruvate to lactate via LDH). Glycolosis is mostly an intermediate step, not an end point like the ETC or fermentation - it net produces only 2 ATP molecules so this reaction needs to happen a lot to match ATP synthesis under aerobic conditions. Lactate produced via AG is then converted into glucose and then this cycle repeats. It's a cause for confusion often. Under aerobic conditions, glycolosis proceeds as normal, but the pyruvate is then fed into the Krebs cylce and ultimately the ETC (electron transport chain). This aerobic process creates 30 ATP per glucose molecule.
What else would cause this, other than a thiamine or niacin deficiency?

dookie

@haidut

I'm not sure about this study. Most of my family and friends do not take supplements, and don't have health issues. They are happy and appear healthy.

I've tried both niacinamide and thiamine, and they both induce a deep depression, among other bad symptoms. Probably as a result of bowel irritation.

Ledo

...anaerobic glycolosis/fermentation...

Does this backup process have any telltale signs other than increased calorie needs like possibly excessive lactic acid after weightlifting, inability to hold breathe very long, fast fatigue onset, or any others?

And does it always occur (when it is happening due to who knows what) even at rest or is it a threshold level as increasing energy needs kick in. Example: if I'm sitting around I'm in topline ATP premium power but if I start moving to much I shift to the "bad glycolosis"?

schultz

What is the relationship between calories and energy? Peat has mentioned that after taking thyroid his caloric intake halved, and I've never been able to understand that. Shouldn't thyroid increase caloric requirement?

Or, to put as a practical example: if two individuals ate either 2000kcal or 3000kcal, if all other factors were equal and neither were gaining weight, would the latter be in a better state of health, energetically speaking, than the former?

I think you answered your own question. If thyroid normalizes the energy system by reducing anaerobic glycolysis then more energy can be gained from each molecule of glucose and in theory someone would need less calories since they are not wasting their glucose. This is my guess (Sorry, I know you asked Haidut and not some rube :sad )

So when you say that glycolysis creates cancer, do you mean anaerobic glycolysis or the aerobic glycolysis that is seen in cancer? What I am trying to say is, does aerobic glycolysis come after the cancer is already formed or does this sort of deranged glycolysis happen before the cancer? And is it product of glycolysis that causes the cancer, like excess lactic acid? Ray has said that lactic acid can displace both CO2 and oxygen at the cell level, so in this sense could the over production of lactic acid start a cycle that encourages an even worse energy system, or even start cause the aerobic glycolysis? Ray has sort of hinted that cancer is not some mutation but the body trying to compensate for something wrong that is happening, like dealing with excess electrons or something.

It's a bit hard for me to understand as I am merely a lay person. Please correct me if I said something that doesn't make sense as I just want to learn and understand this stuff.

Xisca

Does this backup process have any telltale signs other than increased calorie needs like possibly excessive lactic acid after weightlifting, inability to hold breathe very long, fast fatigue onset, or any others?
I do not have increased calory needs but I have excess lactic acid just with normal life.
And my only defect in the citric cycle is that I have high succinate in urine...
I tried to push with high fruits and goat cheese 2 years, and no change.

sladerunner69

Women have it worse because they tens to follow diets that subdue energy metabolism in the name of good health. (Raw Vegetables, Salad, vegetable oils, nuts)

Xisca

I eat to full, and I know men, and even more than women around, that are vegan and eat salads.... or fruits....

and they have more energy than me.

dfspcc20

Women have it worse because they tens to follow diets that subdue energy metabolism in the name of good health. (Raw Vegetables, Salad, vegetable oils, nuts)

And they're the ones that bear most of the brunt of the estrogen industry.