More sugar=lower blood glucose numbers

invictus

Under significant, constant stress. Tried pregnenolone, then DHEA. Benefits were short lived. Then thought I'd delve into sugar, though I'm pre-diabetic. From morning until I go to bed. Up to a cup of sugar, daily. Absolutely surprised when I checked my glucose. Fasting; in the 90's. Two hour post prandial: mid 80' to 90's. I understand that sugar lowers stress hormones and I seem to be strongly responding.

sunny

How are you ingesting that sugar? Are you including anything else , such as oranges, grapes, watermelon, juice?

Elie

Forum Supporter
Under significant, constant stress. Tried pregnenolone, then DHEA. Benefits were short lived. Then thought I'd delve into sugar, though I'm pre-diabetic. From morning until I go to bed. Up to a cup of sugar, daily. Absolutely surprised when I checked my glucose. Fasting; in the 90's. Two hour post prandial: mid 80' to 90's. I understand that sugar lowers stress hormones and I seem to be strongly responding.
I am also interested to find out more details about a "cup" of sugar". Does that mean you are consuming about 250g (8 oz) of sugar from all sources or literally 1 cup of added sucrose?

OP
I

invictus

I am also interested to find out more details about a "cup" of sugar". Does that mean you are consuming about 250g (8 oz) of sugar from all sources or literally 1 cup of added sucrose?
1 cup. Measured it in a measuring cup. This morning already had six tablespoons; 4 in my tea and 2 in my OJ. I'll check my blood glucose around 11.

Barry

I have been consuming about 200g per day of white granulated sugar. I add water, heat it into a syrup and then add to my skim milk and OJ. I have been doing this for a few years, and never once regretted it. To most "non-Peat" people, it seems crazy, but from the first day that you start eating a lot of sugar, you notice a big difference. But of course the top priority has to be restricting PUFA.

dallascat

What was your FBG and insulin levels before you started 1 cup of sugar?

Chophouse360

Some blood glucose monitors are very inaccurate. You could test 85 and wait one minute test again it could read 102….

Astolfo

It's probably just insulin reducing your blood glucose. Starch might show even bigger effect. Fructose in sucrose doesn't induce insulin.

mrsmith

Don't know insulin level. FBG 110-115. Two hour post prandials were about the same.

How are you doing? Are you still consuming the cup of sugar daily? What is your FBG now.
My FBG has been around 115

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals