More On My Neuro Symtoms

iLoveSugar

From the second my eyes open in the morning, till the second they close, I am just a dizzy, off balanced, wobbly mess. The highlight of my day is going to bed. I then sleep as late as I possibly can just to avoid waking up to this. I don't understand why when I am awake, I am a walking disaster. It just completely wrecks me. My body gets so stressed, I become froze, extremely tired, miserable, nauseos, scared, nervous, etc.

Peatful

When did it start?
Did something precipitate it?
What is your gender? Age?
Are you normally generally healthy?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

About 5 years ago but it has deteriorated very badly. I really can't even be in public anymore due to non stop blacking out and feeling like I am going to faint. It's terrible. I look healthy for the most part but am anything but.

Peatful

I agree blood testing is needed ASAP.
U give very little other data however. Gender? Age?
My older brother had something like this from an environmental allergy. Easy fix for him.
My acquaintance had something like this and it wzs hormonal due to menopause. Not as easy a fix.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I'm a 32 year old male. I've been to multiple cardiologists, neurologists, gastros, ENT, etc. Been to multiple hospitals. Keeps getting worse and worse and scarier and scarier. I don't even wanna get out of bed anymore because it's severely bad from the getgo.

Peatful

Yes. It must be scary as well as debilitating. My brother went into depression after a year of no answers. Again, his was allergies that went away after a week on, something like, claritin and benadryl. Nothing helped him...not physical therapy nor any other treatments he received.
Keep eating easily digestible foods. Keep ur blood sugar stable. Keep cortisol low. Keep temps high. Believe ur body can heal.
Hope someone else can offer wisdom.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

What were some of his symptoms? Benadryl makes me so tired and foggy which is already my main symptoms.

Peatful

Nausea from vertigo. Only relieved laying down with no movement. Couldn't drive. Off balance as u said.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Very interesting. My feels like I'm going to faint. And it's gotten so bad that when I am around people or in a store, I literally black out. I can't any longer hold a conversation with people. Nerves are just legit that bad.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

No. I tested positive for Lyme and took extended large doses of antibiotics which never helped. Ray Peat doesn't think that's the issue either. Ever since my young childhood, my stomach has always given me issues. So between my gut and maybe hypothyroidism, I can't think of anything else. But I have severe brain fog, paranoia, scared, nervous, fatigue, irritability.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have severe brain fog, paranoia, scared, nervous, fatigue, irritability

As we have discussed in other threads, these are all classic symptoms of hypothyroidism and disturbed gut health. Did the gut issues get worse after taking the Lyme antibiotic course for long time? Have you had stool test done to see microbiome composition? Did Peat mention trying the FlorAssist/FloraPhage rpoduct from LEF? Also, did he mention anything about what he thinks this could be all about?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

As we have discussed in other threads, these are all classic symptoms of hypothyroidism and disturbed gut health. Did the gut issues get worse after taking the Lyme antibiotic course for long time? Have you had stool test done to see microbiome composition? Did Peat mention trying the FlorAssist/FloraPhage rpoduct from LEF? Also, did he mention anything about what he thinks this could be all about?

The antibiotics definitely flared my symptoms, without doubt. And I have continued to go downward. I have not had the stool test done. RP has continuosly mentioned gut issues along with hypothyroidism.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The antibiotics definitely flared my symptoms, without doubt. And I have continued to go downward. I have not had the stool test done. RP has continuosly mentioned gut issues along with hypothyroidism.

I had reports from a few people over email that had balance issues and extreme constipation resolving or greatly improving after using the LEF product. One person did a fecal transplant, which is obviously more involved. Another one used rectal suppositories with probiotics, which I am also not keen about. Maybe you can do the stool test first as it is not invasive and is covered by insurance. Then you can decide on what option is best for you. If there is mucous in stool then some fungal overgrowth may be present as well, in which case flowers of sulfur orally may also help.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was going to try the acillin instead of FOS. Ever heard of it?

I am not sure it has the same effect even though it can also be beneficial. The acillin is more like an antibiotic AFIAK.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I definitely have viral issues as well as herpes virus really plagues me.

More than anything is my paranoia and tense nerves. I feel like I'm in severe fight or flight all day everyday.

Marg

I had the same overwhelming dizziness, exhaustion and all the negative symptoms you have described. Many people get labeled with CFS/ME; Some get diagnosed with Dysautonomia. Not all doctors are familiar with this, so if a person goes to a doctor who has no knowledge of this, and because blood tests are usually in average ranges (blood tests are not the diagnostic tool for this; a tilt table test is), the doctor will proclaim that nothing is wrong with you.

But if you go the allopathic medical route, there are drugs that treat this condition -Florinef and Midodrine, and like all drugs there can be side effects. I never took these drugs, but before I discovered Ray Peat's articles, I was on a slew of drugs and with my integrative doctor and Peat's knowledge, I am much improved and take no prescription drugs at all. You can get better, ILoveSugar; it just takes time.

If you do indeed have what I experienced, you would be suffering with Neurally Mediated Hypotension; This can be tested by a tilt table test, but I never had one as my Integrated MD knew what was wrong with me. What is happening physiologically in this condition is that excess estrogen and serotonin are causing the blood vessels in the legs and lower abdomen to dilate and go slack not having rhythmic movement of the blood to circulate; that pools in the lower extremities, and doesn't get up to the heart to sufficiently pump the heart and then get up to the brain. It is the worst feeling to have those waves of dizziness, weakness and brainfog.

In addition to lowering PUFA, increasing milk and oj and finding a diet that worked well for me, everyone's case is individual. I found Progest-E, Pregnenolone, Aspirin, cascara, Cypro (I have mast cell sensitivities. This has helped a lot because allergies and mast cell degranulation can cause blood vessel dilation, and if bad enough can cause faint or near faint). Niacinamide, magnesium, baking soda, bag breathing...getting fresh air at home, staying away from as many toxic chemicals as possible.

I don't know how you would approach some of these hormones because I am female and I see your in your profile that you are male, and other males on this forum can give you better suggestions in the male hormone perspective.

Is there any way that you could get through to Dr. Peat for a consult-does he still do that? Are you ok with your current GP? It is really important that your doctor will work with you and for you. I ditched my previous GP as he was arrogant, rude and unhelpful.

-------------------
Heart and Hormones (go to R. Peat website and read this again)

(Ray Peat explaining 'Neurally Mediated Hypotension')

Problems that seem relatively trivial become more meaningful when they are seen in terms of these mechanisms. Some problems that become very common by middle age are "palpitations," orthostatic hypotension, orthostatic tachycardia, and varicose veins. The negative inotropic effect of estrogen in the heart has a parallel in the smooth muscle of veins, in which the muscles are weakened, and their distensibility increased, when estrogen isn't sufficiently opposed by progesterone. This allows the veins in the lower part of the body to be distended abnormally when standing, reducing the amount of blood returning to the heart, so that the volume pumped with each stroke is small, requiring faster beating. The reduced blood volume reaching the brain can cause fainting. When it becomes chronic, it can lead to the progressive distortion of the veins. An excess of estrogen is associated with varicose veins in men, as well as women. (Raj, 2006; Ciardullo, et al., 2000; Kendler, et al., 2009; Asciutto, et al., 2010; Raffetto, et al., 2010).

-----------------------------------

In addition to the hypotensive near faints, I also experienced rapid galloping heart rates, tachycardia, too. It was a nightmare.

Don't let that term 'middle aged' throw you. Teenagers and even toddlers are being diagnosed with this now!

If you have any questions or need any help, please PM me.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I definitely have viral issues as well as herpes virus really plagues me.

More than anything is my paranoia and tense nerves. I feel like I'm in severe fight or flight all day everyday.

Methylene blue, inosine, emodin and the adamantane derivatives are the best anti-virals available OTC. Cyproheptadine is pretty powerful too. A lady who used to post on here (@messtafarian) had similar issues with herpes, and @Blossom had them too. Both used methylene blue and said it improved their viral titers on blood tests a lot. But like any viral infection, the HSV1/2 can do damage in a suppressed immune system due to low thyroid function. So, we are back to thyroid once again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals