More lipofuscin after being LOW PUFA for 2 years

2 years ago I started being almost fruitarian [medical medium style]. Eating tons of fruits and developed 1 lipofuscin mole on my stomach. I did that diet for 6 months and than switched to Ray Peat. So very low PUFA for 2 years now.

Today I've developed about 20 lipofuscin moles on my face and skin.

For the previous months I've been using 2g of VIT E, 45mg K2, progesterone [12-24mg] and thyroid [1/4 cynomel the last 10 days ] and still managed to develop ANOTHER ONE TODAY - ON MY FACE.

I don't eat a lot of Iron. I eat meat 2-4 times a week and liver once a week. Meats always for dinner. Oysters, milk, cheese, fruits, OJ.

Most of the lipofuscin moles on my face started appearing only 3 months ago when I used high doses of VIT D3 [D3 THREAD] . I still haven't recovered from that.
But the ones on my stomach areas were there before D3.

What is the deal with that?!

OP
UG Krishnamurti
If the brown moles are not the same as lipofuscin - please let me know so I can delete the post.

mayku-T-meelo

I personally have developed some irregular brown spots on my shoulders, arms and face after switching to low PUFA 5 years ago. They are not like other moles that I have from birth, a little more translucent, but those moles also vary in density, so it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure that those spots formed because of the increased sun exposure, but I am unsure whether they are really accumulated lipofuscin or something else. Would be interested if anyone knows how to reliably tell them apart or if anyone had any success with removing them? I know Peat has mentioned a couple of times that alcohol, vitamin E or progesterone would help. In one case he talks about a woman that has been on a progesterone for a few weeks and liver spots supposedly completely disappeared from her face.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
This is lipofuscin:

they're not moles. They don't get as dark as moles do, they're not circular, and they're not raised.
Yeah It's difficult to tell. I have one "raied" on my stomach but other ones just look like they are small brown discoloration of the skin.

I personally have developed some irregular brown spots on my shoulders, arms and face after switching to low PUFA 5 years ago. They are not like other moles that I have from birth, a little more translucent, but those moles also vary in density, so it's hard to tell. I'm pretty sure that those spots formed because of the increased sun exposure, but I am unsure whether they are really accumulated lipofuscin or something else. Would be interested if anyone knows how to reliably tell them apart or if anyone had any success with removing them? I know Peat has mentioned a couple of times that alcohol, vitamin E or progesterone would help. In one case he talks about a woman that has been on a progesterone for a few weeks and liver spots supposedly completely disappeared from her face.
I think that all of my brown spots were created by the sun exposure as well. But only since the LOW PUFA years.

28 years I had none while being even more exposed to the sun, but once switching to LOW PUFA suddenly they all appeared.
The only logical thing would be that since removing PUFA's I removed the VIT E too.

But since I supplemented 2g of VIT E for the past month and still developed it I'm not sure. Maybe it takes longer for VIT E to have an effect.

mayku-T-meelo

Same here, never had them before, I remember reading here on several places on the forum it's not uncommon. I guess the explanation could be that once the metabolism kickstarts some of the stored pufa in tissues is exposed to oxidation and that's why they form.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Same here, never had them before, I remember reading here on several places on the forum it's not uncommon. I guess the explanation could be that once the metabolism kickstarts some of the stored pufa in tissues is exposed to oxidation and that's why they form.
That's some positivity right there <3 XD

JK, I know I was thinking the same every time a new brown spot appeared on my body - except when it started appearing on my face. This is when ***t started hitting the fan XD

baccheion

Vitamin E dose is proportional to PUFA intake. Shouldn't need more than 100 IU if low PUFA.

Lipo is usually downstream of low vitamin C and/or cortisol.

K

Kayaker

Have you verified you generally have low PUFA in your blood? Two years isn't a very long time. I say this based on the fact that I restricted PUFAs for over a decade, sometimes high-fat and sometimes low-fat or almost fat-free, yet my omega-3s and 6s were below average but within range.

My arachidonic acid (an o6) was above the normal range, which is surprising considering people eat a lot of PUFA and mine is way higher than their's. Maybe from a year of fatty beef and egg consumption before I started restricting PUFA.

My experience confirms that PUFAs are stored as toxins in the adipose tissue to at least some extent.

YourUniverse

Ive developed some lipofuscin these last few years too. I figure its because Ive gotten the balance of metabolism vs antioxidant support wrong, pushing the metabolism too high for its given level of protectants. There were periods I did not supplement vitamin E, and times I forwent orange juice with lots of sugar

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Ive developed some lipofuscin these last few years too. I figure its because Ive gotten the balance of metabolism vs antioxidant support wrong, pushing the metabolism too high for its given level of protectants. There were periods I did not supplement vitamin E, and times I forwent orange juice with lots of sugar
I think that for these 2 years I've had at least 0.5l of OJ every single day.
Have you verified you generally have low PUFA in your blood? Two years isn't a very long time. I say this based on the fact that I restricted PUFAs for over a decade, sometimes high-fat and sometimes low-fat or almost fat-free, yet my omega-3s and 6s were below average but within range.

My arachidonic acid (an o6) was above the normal range, which is surprising considering people eat a lot of PUFA and mine is way higher than their's. Maybe from a year of fatty beef and egg consumption before I started restricting PUFA.
jesus christ that can't be true xdd

Two grams of viramin E? Surely that's a typo. Thats so friggjn much. You're probably supplementing too much in general.

Dr. B

2 years ago I started being almost fruitarian [medical medium style]. Eating tons of fruits and developed 1 lipofuscin mole on my stomach. I did that diet for 6 months and than switched to Ray Peat. So very low PUFA for 2 years now.

Today I've developed about 20 lipofuscin moles on my face and skin.

For the previous months I've been using 2g of VIT E, 45mg K2, progesterone [12-24mg] and thyroid [1/4 cynomel the last 10 days ] and still managed to develop ANOTHER ONE TODAY - ON MY FACE.

I don't eat a lot of Iron. I eat meat 2-4 times a week and liver once a week. Meats always for dinner. Oysters, milk, cheese, fruits, OJ.

Most of the lipofuscin moles on my face started appearing only 3 months ago when I used high doses of VIT D3 [D3 THREAD] . I still haven't recovered from that.
But the ones on my stomach areas were there before D3.

What is the deal with that?!
do you have pics
seems strange, whats your copper intake like
copper can cause them
lipofucsin is the yellow/brown discoloration spots. its an uneven skin tone thing. i thin blackheads would be the oxidized pufa or squalene. aren't moles actually made of hair or something else.

akgrrrl

I am horrified now to look in my mirror after an explosion of liverspots on my face, neck, chest, hands and arms after 2yrs low pufa, and very little sun exposure living in Alaska. These appeared in just a few months time, while progest, vit E, D, b's and peating in general. I went from the appearance of health to freakish in very little time.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I am horrified now to look in my mirror after an explosion of liverspots on my face, neck, chest, hands and arms after 2yrs low pufa, and very little sun exposure living in Alaska. These appeared in just a few months time, while progest, vit E, D, b's and peating in general. I went from the appearance of health to freakish in very little time.
I have similar experience.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
i dont think low pufa diet causes this
some of the supplements can, especially riboflavin or choline or b12 supplements...
maybe vitamin E and affect skin texture in some way too
I developed 70% of my discoloration before using any supplements.

But my face discoloration all appeared after high doses of VIT D3. That totally screwed up with my skin and health.
Never again.

Dr. B

I developed 70% of my discoloration before using any supplements.

But my face discoloration all appeared after high doses of VIT D3. That totally screwed up with my skin and health.
Never again.
wow, was it oral or topical, which product and dosage were you using?

OP
UG Krishnamurti
wow, was it oral or topical, which product and dosage were you using?
I've used the one recommended to me by Ray Peat. NOW in olive oil.
I've used it orally first [30 000IU] - started bleeding from my intestine with my skin and scalp getting haywire after 5th day. Stopped it.

Than I waited for about a week or so and tried topically [100 000 IU which based on the 10% skin absorption theory is equivalent of 10 000 IU]. All the same symptoms.

And I still haven't recovered.