More flexibility in the muscles/joints?

pushkin

I was doing a search on the forum and I could not find anything that was relevant so i would like to ask - since starting a peat inspired protocol about three months ago I have noticed that suddenly I am waaaay more flexible than I have been for a long time. I have had restrictions in my hips for about 15 years and since then have been unable to sit crossed-legged without pain in my knee flaring up but today I thought I would try it again and I was able to get into a yogic pose for the first time in well - 15 years.

can anyone explain what may have happened internally to allow me to do this? I have not been doing any other stretching or yoga etc.

is it a specific supplement or a combination of a few plus diet? I thought it maybe de-calfication of the muscles/joints somehow?

thank you.

P

Peatness

Are you using progesterone? This can have this effect on tissue

Attachments

• Hypermobility and Progesterone.pdf
    226.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:

Nokoni

thank you that is really interesting.
I would add to what @Pina is saying that if you improve mitochondrial function, which is a major focus of Peating, that you will probably end up with more beneficial steroids in your body since they are produced to a considerable extent in the mitochondria. And it certainly seems that the beneficial steroids have a very helpful effect on the tendons and ligaments. So Peating alone might account for some of the improvement.

And @Pina my daughter has Marfan's or one of the class of similar disorders and she has back trouble as a result. A few months ago I started having her put a couple drops each of androsterone, pansterone, and progesterone topically on her back where it gets achy and she has enjoyed very significant improvement. Might be something worth keeping in mind.

P

Peatness

I would add to what @Pina is saying that if you improve mitochondrial function, which is a major focus of Peating, that you will probably end up with more beneficial steroids in your body since they are produced to a considerable extent in the mitochondria. And it certainly seems that the beneficial steroids have a very helpful effect on the tendons and ligaments. So Peating alone might account for some of the improvement.

And @Pina my daughter has Marfan's or one of the class of similar disorders and she has back trouble as a result. A few months ago I started having her put a couple drops each of androsterone, pansterone, and progesterone topically on her back where it gets achy and she has enjoyed very significant improvement. Might be something worth keeping in mind.
Thank you. This is very helpful. I don't know anyone who knows what marfan's is. It was suspected in me because of my span to height ratio but it was ruled out. I have panterone and progesterone but I don't have androsterone, I will get some as soon as possible.

Nokoni

I don't know anyone who knows what marfan's is.
And that would include most doctors. I took her to a variety of doctors for scoliosis and not one made the connection. How is that even possible? Now that I know, the diagnosis algorithm clearly includes a line that says "if scoliosis, check for Marfan's (or related)". Eventually I stumbled across the correlation and made the connection myself using a ruler and other low-tech observations. So doctors are mostly useless but I did take her to a cardiologist for imaging over concern about her aortic root, but thankfully all was well. There is supposed to be some doctor wiz in Baltimore who treats Marfan's with angiotensin receptor blockers, which are primarily blood pressure medications. And reduced blood pressure may help protect the aortic root, but his main reason for prescribing it is because one of its side effects is to reduce TGF-β, which in Marfan's people is significantly excessive. (You can read a short intro to the idea on wikipedia, under the "Pathogenesis" heading.) Well my daughter already has low blood and I prefer supplements where possible anyhow so I did some searching and learned that taurine also has a notable inhibitory effect on TGF-β. So she supplements with taurine and there has been no noticeable deterioration.

I would add that I would be reluctant to give androsterone to a youngster, but my daughter is well past puberty. But, assuming that doesn't apply to you, you might find the androsterone helpful, and you might also get some benefit from taurine. Maybe do a bit of research on it if you haven't already. In any event, I certainly wish you the best with managing your condition.

P

Peatness

And that would include most doctors. I took her to a variety of doctors for scoliosis and not one made the connection. How is that even possible? Now that I know, the diagnosis algorithm clearly includes a line that says "if scoliosis, check for Marfan's (or related)". Eventually I stumbled across the correlation and made the connection myself using a ruler and other low-tech observations. So doctors are mostly useless but I did take her to a cardiologist for imaging over concern about her aortic root, but thankfully all was well. There is supposed to be some doctor wiz in Baltimore who treats Marfan's with angiotensin receptor blockers, which are primarily blood pressure medications. And reduced blood pressure may help protect the aortic root, but his main reason for prescribing it is because one of its side effects is to reduce TGF-β, which in Marfan's people is significantly excessive. (You can read a short intro to the idea on wikipedia, under the "Pathogenesis" heading.) Well my daughter already has low blood and I prefer supplements where possible anyhow so I did some searching and learned that taurine also has a notable inhibitory effect on TGF-β. So she supplements with taurine and there has been no noticeable deterioration.

I would add that I would be reluctant to give androsterone to a youngster, but my daughter is well past puberty. But, assuming that doesn't apply to you, you might find the androsterone helpful, and you might also get some benefit from taurine. Maybe do a bit of research on it if you haven't already. In any event, I certainly wish you the best with managing your condition.
Thank you . I do supplement taurine already perhaps not enough. I am on telmisartan for blood pressure but it's not without side effects. I'm well past puberty but will research androsterone before use.

My ehlers danlos was suspected by a woman who I did yoga with. I was having knee pain at the time and she thought it could be related. I was seen by a speacilist who confirmed the condition. So far I have found nothing but ignorance amongst the healthcare professionals I have dealth with. Physios have been the worst. I think Dr Peat has been asked about the condition but shows very little interest in it, that's disappointing.

K

Kaur Singh

@Nokoni

Is it legit Marfan syndrome?
There are a few differential diagnosis, classical homocystinuria may be one of them if memory serves right.
It is important to know which one - diff approaches, diff concerns.
There is no test for Marfan, yes for HCU.
Genetic testing will test for all of them.

Marfanoid habitus is seen in a number of conditions

I am friendly with the Marfan people where I live.
It is quite diff. from those with hEDS.
[ And hEDS not even EDS... so.]

The heart problem is quite a big concern, specially from a younger age.
They are careful around physical activity, etc.

This is an interesting article, fits right in with things Peat says:
241676288_600023941378930_1829023814712806472_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kaur Singh

@pushkin

hypothyroid state = tight muscles / high resting tone
Less CO2, less ATP, less magnesium, wonk distribution of minerals etc.

that's why the achilles tendon reflex test is used to assess thyroid function
hypo = very slow to relax.

improve your metabolism/thyroid function
improved muscle relaxation

Nokoni

@Nokoni

Is it legit Marfan syndrome?
There are a few differential diagnosis, classical homocystinuria may be one of them if memory serves right.
It is important to know which one - diff approaches, diff concerns.
There is no test for Marfan, yes for HCU.
Genetic testing will test for all of them.

Marfanoid habitus is seen in a number of conditions

I am friendly with the Marfan people where I live.
It is quite diff. from those with hEDS.
[ And hEDS not even EDS... so.]

The heart problem is quite a big concern, specially from a younger age.
They are careful around physical activity, etc.

This is an interesting article, fits right in with things Peat says:
View attachment 32552
First off, Peat is right again. But second, my beautiful baby has been doing very well indeed for quite some time now, I'm very pleased to be able to say. And thanks for the information.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals