Moral Support Please

Broke a mercury thermometer under my desk.

bigstock-Tombstone-3123956-200x300.jpg

OP
S
I don't care about the thermometer :lol:

sweetpeat

Such_Saturation said:
I don't care about the thermometer :lol:

No? I was devastated when I broke mine. For at least a minute or two. Hey, I had it for 30 years, so a little sentimental value there...sniff.

What then, the mercury? Call the hazmat guys I guess. What do people do when they break fluorescent light bulbs?

OP
S
I think you are overestimating people a bit.

tara

Good chance you'll live. :)
Gloves for cleanup. Can you get rid of the spill, or is it into carpet or something difficult?
Practice long breath holds while you approach the contaminated site, clean up quickly, ventilate well?
I can't remember if this is one of the things that taking vit-C can help get out of system with less damage?

A

Anonymous

Such saturation- I love you man but you are a weird ************. ;)

4peatssake

Such...a good guy ;)

dfdbd765-2d8a-4d5e-ab42-e8ce18b9977c.jpg

pboy

S_S has now become the S_S, silver surfer...nice, props

or you might become a mad hatter

really though, if that happened to me, I wouldn't trip on it, it would be annoying, but I wouldn't let it affect me...clean it up, take a shower, go about business as usual and forget about it...probably wont notice much of anything

OP
S
Yes, I could take some vitamins, I could pick up the beads that glisten, dispose of them. Probably won't notice much of anything. But the rest? The rest shines of a different light... What it is, only God knows. In terms of matter I suppose the thing would be called a gas, but this gas obeyed the laws that are not of our cosmos. This was no fruit of such worlds and suns as shine on the telescopes and photographic plates of our observatories. This was no breath from the skies whose motions and dimensions our astronomers measure or deem too vast to measure. It was just a colour out of space - a frightful messenger from unformed realms of infinity beyond all Nature as we know it; from realms whose mere existence stuns the brain and numbs us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes.

colour.jpg

JRMoney15 said:
Such saturation- I love you man but you are a weird ************. ;)

Do you mean weird by Ray Peat standards? :eek:

SQu

Well this has to be the last place I was expecting Idi Amin. Some other threads, maybe... ;)

OP
S
Would you consider Idi Amin to be a chronic overestimator of people?

narouz

sueq said:
Well this has to be the last place I was expecting Idi Amin. Some other threads, maybe... ;)

Well...in terms of their lethality... :)

OP
S
He kept Adolf Hitler in pretty high regard, did he not? But perhaps that is more of an acute overestimation. In one sense of the term, not the other.