Monolaurin Effective Against Candida (equal To Nysatin)

Hans

Forum Supporter
In vivo study on mice. https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/41/8/41_b18-00256/_pdf/-char/en

"It was found that with oral topical treatments of monolaurin (12.5 mmol/L) there was a significant reduction in the fungal load of the OC over a period of 5 d."

"At day 4-post infection, monolaurin was as effective in reducing the total photon flux as nystatin, the most commonly used oral antifungal used for treatment OC."
Anyone know how the dose would translate to humans? Monolaurins molar mass is 274.40 g·mol−1, so if they used 12.5mmol/L that would by 3.43gs of monolaurin daily.

Is anyone having great results with monolaurin?

I’ve tried it when i had a virus, not sure it did or did not do anything. It’s easy to take and didn’t result in any GI distress.

Elephanto

Never tried Monolaurin as a supp but Coconut Oil (3-6 tbsps daily for a while) which contains it, I believe was a critical part of a stack for hair regrowth I followed and where it was hypothesized that Candida played a part in male pattern baldness. The most noticeable effect in short-term was an improvement of facial looks. It wasn't the only anti-fungal/endotoxins supp in the stack but I've also seen effects with only coconut oil and baking soda.

EIRE24

Never tried Monolaurin as a supp but Coconut Oil (3-6 tbsps daily for a while) which contains it, I believe was a critical part of a stack for hair regrowth I followed and where it was hypothesized that Candida played a part in male pattern baldness. The most noticeable effect in short-term was an improvement of facial looks. It wasn't the only anti-fungal/endotoxins supp in the stack but I've also seen effects with only coconut oil and baking soda.
What were the other anti fungal and endotoxin supps in the stack?

Elephanto

What were the other anti fungal and endotoxin supps in the stack?

Magnesium Citrate (1000-2000mg), Zinc (50-100mg), Boron (3-15mg) [more has been used by other parasites removing protocols], Baking soda (3-4tsps), Niacinamide (500-1500mg), Taurine (1000-3000mg) and Apple Cider Vinegar. There's also Chromium in the stack, which doesn't have an antibacterial effect but by correcting chronic hyperglycemia is thought to reduce Candida's survivability, so perhaps Peaty strategies to restore glucose metabolism/cure insulin resistance will help.

EIRE24

Magnesium Citrate (1000-2000mg), Zinc (50-100mg), Boron (3-15mg) [more has been used by other parasites removing protocols], Baking soda (3-4tsps), Niacinamide (500-1500mg), Taurine (1000-3000mg) and Apple Cider Vinegar. There's also Chromium in the stack, which doesn't have an antibacterial effect but by correcting chronic hyperglycemia is thought to reduce Candida's survivability, so perhaps Peaty strategies to restore glucose metabolism/cure insulin resistance will help.
Do you have any tips for severe GERD or heartburn?

Elephanto

Do you have any tips for severe GERD or heartburn?

It's not something I've ever investigated but haidut has posted this recently :
GERD (acid Reflux) Is Caused By Inflammation, Not Stomach Acid

Try searching the forum/Peat's website for factors that influence inflammation and maybe take a look at selfhacked pages on inflammatory cytokines like il-17, il-6, il-1beta, tnf-alpha while verifying that these solutions are truly beneficial within context. Low dose Glycine, Zinc, Magnesium and reducing Endotoxins, Iron, Omega 6, correcting Vitamin D deficiency, reducing Parathyroid Hormone and TSH levels are good starting points.

EIRE24

It's not something I've ever investigated but haidut has posted this recently :
GERD (acid Reflux) Is Caused By Inflammation, Not Stomach Acid

Try searching the forum/Peat's website for factors that influence inflammation and maybe take a look at selfhacked pages on inflammatory cytokines like il-17, il-6, il-1beta, tnf-alpha while verifying that these solutions are truly beneficial within context. Low dose Glycine, Zinc, Magnesium and reducing Endotoxins, Iron, Omega 6, correcting Vitamin D deficiency, reducing Parathyroid Hormone and TSH levels are good starting points.
Thank you.

Luann

I actually just ordered monolaurin as an antibacterial and maybe to treat H. Pylori, which I haven't been tested for. It seems like my stomach acid has been chronically low.
In the meantime I'm taking plenty of coconut oil. Will update after the monolaurin comes in.

A.R

I actually just ordered monolaurin as an antibacterial and maybe to treat H. Pylori, which I haven't been tested for. It seems like my stomach acid has been chronically low.
In the meantime I'm taking plenty of coconut oil. Will update after the monolaurin comes in.
How did the monolaurin experience work?

Epik

Any updates?

Regina

Anecdotal.
I recently got fleeced by a G.C. I knew it was a bad situation because I felt sick in his presence.
But I didn't feel a way out. The pickings are slim in central Florida and I had already started the project. I had been spoiled by NYC and Chicago and wasn't prepared for huge down-shift in energy levels and work ethic in the south. It was like drowning in an alligator's death roll.
Anyhow, I literally would have (TMI) a blood streak when I wiped after interacting with this person. Every time!
I tried monolaurin (lauricidin pellets. $$$).
3 of the little scoops chased back with some OJ. It cleared the issue right up.
But the issue comes back when I had to interact with him again. So, I would do the scoops for 3 days and TMI's are good.

Changed GC's. He's slightly better. He actually has an appreciation for craft but I have to get used to the gruff disrespectful treatment.
They back down when you answer back assertively. But I loathe this interaction style. It's miserable and exhausting.

Upshot is lauricidin is powerful and worth the price.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals