Monkeypox "epidemic"

Giraffe

One thing caught my attention ... She said this year's monkeypox is unusual. While monkeypox usually starts with fever and flu-like symptoms, this year's monkeypox sometimes comes without a fever etc. Instead of hundreds of bumps there are only a few. In many cases it's starting out in the groin area, the genitals or near the anus ... And the bumps stay at the original location instead of spreading all over the body.

I googled "molluscum contagiosum anus" and the search engine came up with this:

Anal Molluscum Contagiosum

"Molluscum contagiosum is a poxvirus that causes a chronic localized infection. It is spread by direct skin contact and thus can occur anywhere on the body including the anal area. In adults the most common site are genitalia. However, there are very few described cases of isolated anal molluscum contagiosum."

I really believe the description she gave of "monkeypox in 2022" fits better to sexually transmitted molluscum contagiosum.

Giraffe

By way of background (and a reality check), smallpox had supposedly been eradicated. see Smallpox and the Story of Vaccination – It was written before covid and thus is a great reminder of how things like herd immunity have been redefined.

I have not read any scientific evidence to support the idea that re-purposing the smallpox vaccine is truly effective in treating monkey pox. Until then, I consider most of the fuss is just the result of well-crafted medical propaganda to entice people to take a vaccine for a nonlethal but visually-embarrassing (temporarily embarrassing) medical condition.

I don't remember if it was this thread were I posted it .... The story in short: A German medical thesis described the last smallpox outbreaks in Germany. The first cases have been vaccinated people and in hospital they infected other people that had been vaccinated, too. Young freshly vaccinated nurses died.

No way that this vaccine eradicated smallpox. It more likely was the cause of outbreaks.

Perry Staltic

She said ... the bumps stay at the original location instead of spreading all over the body.

She's not fully informed. An article posted here a few pages back says it started at a guy's anus and then spread all over his body.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

1659047207275.png

Giraffe

She's not fully informed. An article posted here a few pages back says it started at a guy's anus and then spread all over his body.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if every bump now would be sold to us as a case of monkeypox, no matter what caused it. Differential diagnosis is a thing of the time before the corona hoax.

I have not really looked into monkeypox, so I am not good informed. Was it this one guy that had it spreading all over the body or do all people who are counted as monkeypox cases present with hundred of bumps?

Perry Staltic

I have not really looked into monkeypox, so I am not good informed. Was it this one guy that had it spreading all over the body or do all people who are counted as monkeypox cases present with hundred of bumps?

I'm not that informed either to be able to tell you.

David PS

David PS

David PS

AlaskaJono

Back
Top Bottom