Money/finances To Achieve Health -- Or Health First To Then Achieve It?

Seems a tough method forward for people. Some pursue resources and funds so they can reach a place of health or "betterment" of sorts -- others try and achieve "salvation" of some sort even with nothing but the clothes on their backs (if even). What approach usually is the more optimal one though, at least for the most part?

Can people achieve good health in first-world countries in today's age with no resources, finances, etc. (in others words being poor, low-class/classless, socially rejected)? Do people need to get financial/social freedom & success and then a sense of more "freedom" in general through finances/other methods prior to fully relishing in the benefits of health thereon, as opposed to finding some "health" in an "anti-health" situation/environment to possibly work from there onwards?

Or do people basically have to fix their health intrinsically (metabolism, hormones, vigor, sense of identity, structure, etc.) with no matter external to our concerns like our place of being, circumstances, living conditions, etc.? Because it's a tough angle to play by telling people to both achieve health in one way ("internally" or regards to metabolic function isolated more) while also trying to outwardly make their standing/circumstances more ideal ("externally" or regarding perception of one's place in life/treatment/so on). I mean you can try more money -> more choices to create purpose/happiness/better means-> good place of being. The problem is that if we work everything in our being to our bones to make more money to "better ourselves," then what are we once that money is gone? There must be some innate work done, but it's hard knowing how much money/etc. you might need with no specific purpose or idea of what to do with it -- and where your health is supposedly going to take you if then you have a limit due to finances/etc. in some other ways regarding freedom, choice, pursuits, etc.

It's complex since you can sort of do both, but each degree left or right can backfire in different ways, effectively making it a balancing act somehow.

Last edited:

cjm

I'll give you my experience...

I'm not rich but I come close to the "happiness" number or whatever they're calling $75,000/year. I have had money to spend frivolously after paying rent and bills and that expendable income has gone into supplements, i.e., vitamins, minerals, anything from Idealabs, and tools, i.e., red light device, shaking platform, compression clothing, microneedle device, etc.

Money can't buy motivation. I have manic tendencies and having money just got me excited to buy more things. I wasn't participating in the therapy process, I was just taking things in hopes that they would correct errant biochemical processes.

It permitted me to live a relatively low stress lifestyle.

I didn't need it ultimately. I needed space and time and I had no idea how to ask for and get that. I was able to shut out everyone in my life and keep the margins of my obligations at a bare minimum because I didn't need to ask anyone for anything. I was and am self-sufficient monetarily.

If I didn't have money OR space/time/freedom, I would have gone insane, literally. I might have gone to more extreme measures to get the latter if push came to shove. I considered living alone in the woods for a period of time.

You need to want to get better, in my opinion. Having the means to just buy a new silver bullet can distract one from putting in the hard work it takes to overcome certain issues. Mine are muscular, I have had to be open to pain and discomfort as a means of letting my nerves breathe. There are many means of cheap care, if one needs to add something to the system to get it working right again. Aspirin comes to mind. I'm doing a homeopathy experiment right now, actually I just stopped because I got over a long-standing hump and I want to see if my intentions alone (or in concert with Ray-sized doses) can help me grow, physically and mentally. I've got about 30 pounds to gain. But aspirin and homeopathy are invaluable tools and they're dirt cheap.

Money is an analgesic.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

Most people abuse their health to make money, and then spend money to try to reclaim health... I think best would be to make money while working on health, but it may (or may not) limit both goals. Sometimes it takes working 100 hours a week, maybe for years, to be wealthy. Sometimes it takes sipping orange juice on a beach, maybe for years, to be healthy...

Rave re-peat

Seems a tough method forward for people. Some pursue resources and funds so they can reach a place of health or "betterment" of sorts -- others try and achieve "salvation" of some sort even with nothing but the clothes on their backs (if even). What approach usually is the more optimal one though, at least for the most part?

Can people achieve good health in first-world countries in today's age with no resources, finances, etc. (in others words being poor, low-class/classless, socially rejected)? Do people need to get financial/social freedom & success and then a sense of more "freedom" in general through finances/other methods prior to fully relishing in the benefits of health thereon, as opposed to finding some "health" in an "anti-health" situation/environment to possibly work from there onwards?

Or do people basically have to fix their health intrinsically (metabolism, hormones, vigor, sense of identity, structure, etc.) with no matter external to our concerns like our place of being, circumstances, living conditions, etc.? Because it's a tough angle to play by telling people to both achieve health in one way ("internally" or regards to metabolic function isolated more) while also trying to outwardly make their standing/circumstances more ideal ("externally" or regarding perception of one's place in life/treatment/so on). I mean you can try more money -> more choices to create purpose/happiness/better means-> good place of being. The problem is that if we work everything in our being to our bones to make more money to "better ourselves," then what are we once that money is gone? There must be some innate work done, but it's hard knowing how much money/etc. you might need with no specific purpose or idea of what to do with it -- and where your health is supposedly going to take you if then you have a limit due to finances/etc. in some other ways regarding freedom, choice, pursuits, etc.

It's complex since you can sort of do both, but each degree left or right can backfire in different ways, effectively making it a balancing act somehow.

Only Hard money makes you sick. Easy money is different. Now how do you make Easy money. By doing something you are interested in. For example if wed say you had unlimited money what would you do om your free Time? I would Still study subjects, Read, learn crafts and skills that interest me. Many People actually make money on those same interests. So why wouldnt you be able to? Thats My advice. **** the money. Imagine a life like you wouldnt need it and ask yourself what would you do with your Time. Then do that and try to make money from it.

It sounds complicated or not obtainable but its not. You have much higher chance of becoming Good at something and Making money from it if you had a natural interest for it.

hei

Only Hard money makes you sick. Easy money is different. Now how do you make Easy money. By doing something you are interested in. For example if wed say you had unlimited money what would you do om your free Time? I would Still study subjects, Read, learn crafts and skills that interest me. Many People actually make money on those same interests. So why wouldnt you be able to? Thats My advice. **** the money. Imagine a life like you wouldnt need it and ask yourself what would you do with your Time. Then do that and try to make money from it.

It sounds complicated or not obtainable but its not. You have much higher chance of becoming Good at something and Making money from it if you had a natural interest for it.
What if you have just never been very interested in anything? I would just do nothing all day if I had unlimited money, hard to to profit from that lol.

Rave re-peat

What if you have just never been very interested in anything? I would just do nothing all day if I had unlimited money, hard to to profit from that lol.
Then maybe your health issues is not due to lack of money? What you gonna do with your money IF you dont havet Any interestes to spend it on?

As in the goal of your post was that money would make your healthy. Money wont cure a sick mind.

Arnold Grape

This seems hard to believe, but when faced with the monotony of most jobs, it might be true. My whole concept is that nearly all (office) work or work in excess of a certain amount of hours a week is def not healthy. Coupled with the odd USA mindset of feeling guilty about taking vacation time is also very hard to comprehend.

Within this miasma I have always wondered about the Director or Executive level staff where I am employed — people who have difficult or demanding, high paying positions who seem to breeze through in an effortless way, while eating a crouton for lunch. These people must be, by design, impervious to stress or better equipped to handle it. Then there are the others, interns off of a semester at college, who you can literally see fall apart within two months of bad lighting and intensity.

There must be some type of middle ground, which is eluding me. The trick might be to keep yourself well enough to have many options.

Rave re-peat

The problem is depression. THE life Many Lives makes Them depressed. You say you have No interestes. Thats not true. Its because you are depressed. If you had 1 year to not work and only on focusing om what you wanted to do. Play video games. Hang out with Friends. Enjoy life as you please. What would happen with your depression? It would go away. And with that come Happiness. And with Happiness you Wake Up with energy and excitement. You look forward towards the Day ahead of you. And that when motivation come. Everyone is chasing motivation to try and get what they want in life. But you have to let motivation come to you. Chill out stop pressuring yourself. Do what ever you want to do and f everybody else. Let your mind run free. Its your Journey. Your parents or Any other humans opinion does not matter in this regard. You only live once and living life that way is way more liberating and Will give you.happiness and motivation. This is how it works. Smoke a joint, watch a movie, masturbate or what ever. It sounds strange but letting your personality out by not supressing it all THE Time actually makes you happy, motivated and curious towards life

Last edited:

Rave re-peat

This seems hard to believe, but when faced with the monotony of most jobs, it might be true. My whole concept is that nearly all (office) work or work in excess of a certain amount of hours a week is def not healthy. Coupled with the odd USA mindset of feeling guilty about taking vacation time is also very hard to comprehend.

Within this miasma I have always wondered about the Director or Executive level staff where I am employed — people who have difficult or demanding, high paying positions who seem to breeze through in an effortless way, while eating a crouton for lunch. These people must be, by design, impervious to stress or better equipped to handle it. Then there are the others, interns off of a semester at college, who you can literally see fall apart within two months of bad lighting and intensity.

There must be some type of middle ground, which is eluding me. The trick might be to keep yourself well enough to have many options.

Like i Said i think its just a state of mind

Rave re-peat

Like i Said i think its just a state of mind
I think Many People do sucha constant effort to supress themselves that is the actual stress. It makes Them feel dead. THE People that do well are just People Being themselves. And that makes Them feel alive

hei

My job has good conditions and isn't especially stressful. I had November and December off and just spent it in bed browsing the same couple of sites on my laptop. Being interested in something sounds like it must be nice but even when I was a kid there wasn't anything I particularly wanted to do, or was good at. The only reason I took the time off was because I had accumulated 4 months of leave due to not caring about taking it and they forced me to use a bunch.

Drareg

Moving forward with the new global systems coming in you don’t want to be in a lower socio economic class, it will be worse than at any point in history IMO, it will be soul destroying from a creative point of view, the food available going forward for folks will be worse, they will be told it’s good, you may be better off following a low calorie diet than eating the crap they are proposing.

Improve your health and make money at the same time, be incremental in your actions.

The stock market is highly likely going to continue to rise for the foreseeable future, bailouts and socializing of losses for the ruling class is here to stay, a temporary drop like we seen with covid is all that’s likely to occur. Investing small amounts is likely to grow more over ten years than leaving it in the bank, the banks are bringing in negative interest rates for savers in Europe now.

I no longer think it’s wise to open a small business even, they are getting screwed in the new system, an online eBay or amazon account will probably make more money than the average small mom and pop coffee shop going forward.

A lot more unsuspecting folks are going to loose jobs soon, big business knows the value of the gig economy, it’s better than full time staff, cheaper and more productive, you also can select the best staff because of the demand for jobs.

If you can get to 40 years of age with €300,000 saved with a home mortgage free while single you will be in a good place to build on that even more, this should keep you out of the new lower social caste which will be degenerate with low intelligence, you don’t want to be in said caste as you approach old age, if you have kids you will need more.