Mom's rabbit got cancer after years of fish oil. Suggestions?

Lamp

Any suggestions for a 10 year old rabbit with a cancerous tumor on his hip? (Fish oil has been discontinued) Thanks.

peateats1

My cat had/has a liver tumor and almost died last April. I changed his food to a really good quality (no oils no fish), and give him cyproheptadine for appetite, progest e, and t3, thiamine, and niacinamide, in small amounts, and he's doing pretty well.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
More fish oil , a ketogenic diet , get a Covid shot , strenuous exercise, chemo .

Trust the experts!

Vileplume

Low fat diet, flavonoids like in fruit, calcium, lotsa carrots to clean up the intestine, tiny dose thyroid, cyproheptadine, aspirin.

Same things that work for a human.

Havde

Low fat diet, flavonoids like in fruit, calcium, lotsa carrots to clean up the intestine, tiny dose thyroid, cyproheptadine, aspirin.

Same things that work for a human.
He will obviously enjoy the carrots ??

My cat had/has a liver tumor and almost died last April. I changed his food to a really good quality (no oils no fish), and give him cyproheptadine for appetite, progest e, and t3, thiamine, and niacinamide, in small amounts, and he's doing pretty well.
Great to hear!

Richiebogie

From @yerrag regarding his link to kerosene healing cancer by killing fungi:

“The most suitable microbicidal hydrocarbons seem to be those with boiling points between 100°C and 200°C. The lighter and more volatile hydrocarbons, while very effective for cleaning the blood, have a stronger odour and are more difficult to "stomach", while those boiling over 200°C tend to remain in the intestinal tract and act mainly as laxatives rather than being absorbed for a microbicidal effect in the blood.

“The range of 100°C to 200°C includes the saturated hydrocarbon chains with seven to 11 carbon atoms. It is interesting to note that the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil with the strongest microbicidal effects (lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid) have eight to 12 carbon atoms.”

I would rather eat desiccated coconut, milk chocolate and the fat from lamb chops than kerosene or terpentine. Is there somewhere that compares the fungus-killing abilities of these fats / oils?

Or do we need to eat a lot of coconut to get the equivalent of a teaspoon of kerosene?

Nutritiondata shows that 28g of desiccated coconut has 8g of lauric, acid, 1g of capric acid, and 1.2g of caprylic acid (12:0, 10:0, 8:0)!

There are a further 3g of myristic acid (14:0), 1.5g of palmitic acid (16:0) and 0.9g of stearic acid (18:0) which are other saturated fractions!

Anyhow, 3 teaspoons of desiccated coconut yields over 1 teaspoon of lauric, capric and caprylic acids!

That might be safer than kerosene or turpentine for you and your rabbits, particularly if you are prone to inhaling!​

Last edited:

yerrag

From @yerrag regarding his link to kerosene healing cancer by killing fungi:

“The most suitable microbicidal hydrocarbons seem to be those with boiling points between 100°C and 200°C. The lighter and more volatile hydrocarbons, while very effective for cleaning the blood, have a stronger odour and are more difficult to "stomach", while those boiling over 200°C tend to remain in the intestinal tract and act mainly as laxatives rather than being absorbed for a microbicidal effect in the blood.

“The range of 100°C to 200°C includes the saturated hydrocarbon chains with seven to 11 carbon atoms. It is interesting to note that the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil with the strongest microbicidal effects (lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid) have eight to 12 carbon atoms.”

I would rather eat desiccated coconut, milk chocolate and the fat from lamb chops than kerosene or terpentine. Is there somewhere that compares the fungus-killing abilities of these fats / oils?

Or do we need to eat a lot of coconut to get the equivalent of a teaspoon of kerosene?

Nutritiondata shows that 28g of desiccated coconut has 8g of lauric, acid, 1g of capric acid, and 1.2g of caprylic acid (12:0, 10:0, 8:0)!

There are a further 3g of myristic acid (14:0), 1.5g of palmitic acid (16:0) and 0.9g of stearic acid (18:0) which are other saturated fractions!

Anyhow, 3 teaspoons of desiccated coconut yields over 1 teaspoon of lauric, capric and caprylic acids!

That might be safer than kerosene or turpentine for you and your rabbits, particularly if you are prone to inhaling!​

My guess is the reason the c8- c12 portions of coconut don't have as much antimicrobial effects is that they are quickly metabolized by the liver. Their antimicrobial effects may still work when applied topically but when taken internally , getting metabolized for energy by the liver effectively limits their antimicrobial efficacy.

Richiebogie

Hi @yerrag

Good thinking that the good effects of the coconut oil end with digestion!

I think dessicated coconut may be helping my asthma, but the good effects wear off after 8 hours! I am trying a teaspoon every 8 hours!

Taken before bed seems to have stopped my wheezing at night! A bit more testing required...!

TheSir

Mom's rabbit got cancer after years of fish oil.​

An innocent LOL at the thought that somewhere there is someone making sure that their pet rabbit gets its daily dose of fish oil. Also a quintessential example of thread titles that can only exist on RPF.

yerrag

Hi @yerrag

Good thinking that the good effects of the coconut oil end with digestion!

I think dessicated coconut may be helping my asthma, but the good effects wear off after 8 hours! I am trying a teaspoon every 8 hours!

Taken before bed seems to have stopped my wheezing at night! A bit more testing required...!
I'm glad the desiccated coconut works for you. It must have other components that when reconstituted with water makes it become coconut milk instead of just coconut oil, in that the milky white color is restored.

Perhaps the c8-c12 chains in certain kerosene grades that are not metabolized make them more potent against microbes than coconut oil. And this is why it does things that Walter Last talks of.

I wanted to take some suitable grades of kerosene but I have found it too expensive as I have to import them, as the local grades of kerosene are not suitable and importing a volatile substance costs me more.

youngsinatra

Did he get cod liver oil or vitamin A-free fish oil?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals