Mold in the house, but you can’t move- what do you do??

ursidae

What do you do when there’s mold and you don’t have the money to renovate the place, or the money to rent at the moment? Is there ways to minimise the damage to the body.

Does mold really affect healthy people?

I managed to spend 3 weeks at a flat with no mold. I feel better and can definitely breathe better. But I now have to come back home.

OP
U

ursidae

The main problem is family members are not taking this seriously at all despite the fact that I tested my skin at a microbiology lab and spores were found on my face. What can I show them to convince them?

Jstar

Always had good results using an ozone generator. Flooding the area for several hours usually does the trick. Make sure not to breath too much ozone in because it can irritate the lungs. A small generator, that goes on for five minutes per hour, can handle basement mold.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
A friend of a friend of mine was living in a black mold infested apartment. He got so sick that his doctor didn’t give him much longer to live. Because of the mold inflicted illness, he couldn’t work and couldn’t afford the deposit for moving into another apartment, he was sitting in a death trap! My friend recommended taking MMS (chlorine dioxide), which he did, and after a couple of months, he met my friend again. He had tears in his eyes, when he told my friend that his doctor had given him a clean bill of health! Much later, I also met him briefly and he looked healthy.

I order the chlorine dioxide drops from here:

It seems they are having a high demand, probably due to Covid.

OccamzRazer

What do you do when there’s mold and you don’t have the money to renovate the place, or the money to rent at the moment? Is there ways to minimise the damage to the body.

I managed to spend 3 weeks at a flat with no mold. I feel better and can definitely breathe better. But I now have to come back home.
Gas the place out with MMS!

(When you're not there.)

Yes, mold can make even healthy people unhealthy fast.

* Edit: just saw StephanF's post above. The MMS can be taken internally and used in your environment to kill/reduce the mold.

OccamzRazer

The main problem is family members are not taking this seriously at all despite the fact that I tested my skin at a microbiology lab and spores were found on my face. What can I show them to convince them?
Sorry about this. Invisible illnesses of all sorts can be hard, whether it's RA, Lyme disease, or mold.

If they care about you they should be willing to listen. Ask them to listen and consider that you're correct here.

OP
U

ursidae

A friend of a friend of mine was living in a black mold infested apartment. He got so sick that his doctor didn’t give him much longer to live. Because of the mold inflicted illness, he couldn’t work and couldn’t afford the deposit for moving into another apartment, he was sitting in a death trap! My friend recommended taking MMS (chlorine dioxide), which he did, and after a couple of months, he met my friend again. He had tears in his eyes, when he told my friend that his doctor had given him a clean bill of health! Much later, I also met him briefly and he looked healthy.

I order the chlorine dioxide drops from here:

It seems they are having a high demand, probably due to Covid.
Thank you

mrchibbs

My health took a massive turn for the worse after I moved into an extremely humid apartment with water damage. Winters were fine (dry so mold growth is limited) but within a year I became deathly ill.

The only real solution is to leave the apartment and especially these days there are ways to get out of a bad situation like this because there's more awareness of the health impacts.

Knowing what I know now, if someone was forced to stay in a moldy place, I would use a negative ion generator, a dehumidifier and a lot of extra thyroid which is therapeutic in cases of chronic mold exposure.

mrchibbs

Spray, wipe, soak everything down with borax solution.

Most of the time it's growth in the walls. Realistically there's nothing to be done aside from tearing everything down.

GTW

Water got into the walls to grow mold. Water will take borax in by the same route.

akgrrrl

Ohhh I went thru this entire scenario with full insurance claim dismantling every wall of sheetrock, air scrubbers, ozone, treatment from medicos with horrible drug cocktails until I had to leave my home to save my very mind.
This was BEFORE Katrina and the mold sufferers showed how spores hide in the mucus membranes and colonize by covering themselves with biofilm.
I have been home now for years living in peace. Carpeting is pure wool. Furniture is solid wood, glass, or metal. I was recommended a proprietary essential oil by Young Living called Thieves, they actually sent me a lab printout of the constituents (that was prob 2009). A team of friends armed with misting bottles shook it up in distilled water and sprayed every inch of every wall under the sheetrock. I put 15 ml in every gal of paint after new sheetrock, mud and tape. I washed every sheet, blanket, comforter, clothes with Thieves liquid soap cleaner. We kept 3 diffusers runnjng 2 months, I prob spent 1K over 6month effort just in product 2500sq ft. Real glad now that I didnt give up the house I built because of a basement flood.

TomS

Is mold a new health concern?
httpx://praanaim.com/tag/borax/

mrchibbs

Water got into the walls to grow mold. Water will take borax in by the same route.

Really? That's interesting.

Would you mind explaining a bit more?

Water damage is often caused by leaks in the roof though.

akgrrrl

Really? That's interesting.

Would you mind explaining a bit more?

Water damage is often caused by leaks in the roof though.
Not so with black mold. Aspergillis climbs upward.
After 6inches of water in a basement flood from split pipes running for 12hrs
It was visible behjnd the sheetrock to the above floor, and spores traveled into anything porous, all fabric, carpet, sheetrock.
Miserable.

Tim Lundeen

This is supposed to be very effective, but I haven't tried it yet.

CrystalClear

You could contact Travis Burch at his website. He has personal experience with this situation and I am sure he could help you.
TravisBurch.com

PxD

Set it on fire, insurance buys a new house ?? ;-)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals