Modifying Approach To Health In Winter

R J

Wondering if there’s seasonal modifications to anyone’s health regimen in northern climates? Thinking of adding thyroid to make up for lack of strong sunlight, if that makes sense. Strong indoor bulbs help but it doesn’t seem like enough.

I’ve started taking vitamin d because I’m not tanning regularly now.

J

james2388

Hot tea 24/7 with honey and salt.
Hot soups.
Hot food all the time.
It's not a light problem. Strong sunlight does not really raise metabolism, if you think you need to take thyroid in the winter, there's some health anxiety there. Physical activity raises metabolism regardless.
Green Tea really gets my metabolism going.
Pretty sure vitamin D supplements don't do much at all either.

Try iodized salt and green tea.

OP
R J

R J

Hot tea 24/7 with honey and salt.
Hot soups.
Hot food all the time.
It's not a light problem. Strong sunlight does not really raise metabolism, if you think you need to take thyroid in the winter, there's some health anxiety there. Physical activity raises metabolism regardless.
Green Tea really gets my metabolism going.
Pretty sure vitamin D supplements don't do much at all either.

Try iodized salt and green tea.

I’m not sure it’s correct sunlight doesn’t increase health / metabolism. In my experience I feel healthier in summer even if activity level remains the same.

J

james2388

I’m not sure it’s correct sunlight doesn’t increase health / metabolism. In my experience I feel healthier in summer even if activity level remains the same.

I'm sure anyone feels healthier with 70 -80 degree weather with mild to modest humidity. When your house is 60 degrees and bone dry, you're going to feel it. It's called homeostasis. Light has nothing to do with metabolism, as much as temperature does. Be out in the sunlight all day, or be indoors all day, with the same temperature, but light differences, I'm sure there is not going to be much difference at all in metabolism.

SonOfEurope

Starting around late October I go to bed even earlier (8,30pm) so I can be up by 5, a full two hours before sunrise and take full advantage of the short 8.45 hours of daylight we have here in December and January.

Fascinatingly energizing to watch the days grow longer in Feb-March.

Supplement D + K2 and rely more on aspirin and coffee to bring thyroid up.

Go out every day at Solar noon for a walk in the snow.

Eat more liver, chocolate, go easier on the weights and proportional mire carbs to protein than Spring. They've installed this shitty heating system where the heat comes out of the ceiling rather than near the floor (noobs apparently don't know that warm air - bring lighter -will stay floating up there while the bottom of the apartment will stay cold... ) so I use a fan to circulate the air and keep steady 23ºc inside.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals