Modified Citrus Pectin For Lead Poisoning

OkayByTheSea

I had lead poisoning 10 years ago for unknown reasons (there was no reason for me to have it, I wasn't ingesting paint peels). I underwent chelation therapy at the doctor's office.

I was looking at the following study which states that Modified Citrus Pectin is safe and effective lead chelation treatment. I believe Dr Peat doesn't like pectin. They use 15 g of MCP (PectaSol) in 3 divided dosages a day.

Does anyone have any insights into how dangerous pectin in such doses can be?

The role of modified citrus pectin as an effective chelator of lead in children hospitalized with toxic lead levels. - PubMed - NCBI
The role of modified citrus pectin as an effective chelator of lead in children hospitalized with toxic lead levels.

Regards,
OBTS

tara

I was looking at the following study which states that Modified Citrus Pectin is safe and effective lead chelation treatment. I believe Dr Peat doesn't like pectin. They use 15 g of MCP (PectaSol) in 3 divided dosages a day.
I wonder if marmelade has relevantly modified citrus pectin?
I could get into that as a regular habit for a while, if there was a reasonable chance it would be effective?

OP
O

OkayByTheSea

I don't quite understand the manufacturing process of Marmelade but it seems that pH and temperature induced modification made to naturally existing pectins gives it the properties of chelation.

Do we know if Dr Peat has spoken about MCP in any regard?

jaguar43

I had lead poisoning 10 years ago for unknown reasons (there was no reason for me to have it, I wasn't ingesting paint peels). I underwent chelation therapy at the doctor's office.

Does anyone have any insights into how dangerous pectin in such doses can be?

The role of modified citrus pectin as an effective chelator of lead in children hospitalized with toxic lead levels. - PubMed - NCBI
The role of modified citrus pectin as an effective chelator of lead in children hospitalized with toxic lead levels.

Regards,
OBTS

Thats crazy, Ray Peat has said that succinct acid be used for removing heavy metals

Szent-Gyorgyi found that succinic acid stimulates respiration, which might explain why it promotes synthesis of pregnenolone and related steroids. It and fumaric acid are now considered to be adaptogens. Since succinic acid safely chelates toxic heavy metals out of mitochondria, it might also safely carry copper into the mitochondria.- Ray Peat

The most problematic issue for pectin is that it can cause bowel irritation. I think in the case of removing lead from the body, one should use it in my opinion. Taking the carrot salad or possible cascara sagrada to minimize the effects.

Can I ask you what
symptoms you face while having lead poison ?

OP
O

OkayByTheSea

Thanks for the input, jag. I will start looking into succinic acid.

At the time, most of my symptoms were psychological.

tara

Where do you get succinic acid?

OP
O

OkayByTheSea

Here are the transcripts for the full interview on Chelating Agents, including DMSA and DMPS.

DMSA and DMPS Toxic?

Peat says succinic acid works
orally so I would choose to do oral rather than intravenous chelation
therapy. His recommended dosage is 200 mg twice daily but please put
the succinic acid in a capsule, otherwise, it will suck calcium out of
your teeth. Peat says that it may take a week or so to clean out the
heavy metals.

The document also states that Sodium or Magnesium Succinate salts being the safest.

moringa

Here are the transcripts for the full interview on Chelating Agents, including DMSA and DMPS.

DMSA and DMPS Toxic?

Peat says succinic acid works
orally so I would choose to do oral rather than intravenous chelation
therapy. His recommended dosage is 200 mg twice daily but please put
the succinic acid in a capsule, otherwise, it will suck calcium out of
your teeth. Peat says that it may take a week or so to clean out the
heavy metals.

The document also states that Sodium or Magnesium Succinate salts being the safest.

if succinic acid cleans out all heavy metals in 1- 2 weeks that is absolutely awesome, since we are ALL loaded with heavy metals

some wise researcher said: ''we do not inherit 'bad genes', that is pure BS, we inherit(and keep accumulating after birth) body degrading compounds(e.g. heavy metals and other delicious compounds)''

achillea

One of the good things about modified citrus pectin is that it chelates with no side effects and does not upset the mineral balance. It also has been extensively scientifically studied. It is modified to get through the gut and into the blood to work on galactin 3.
Look at Eco Nugenics. As with everything there is the one that has been studied and the copies.

yerrag

One of the good things about modified citrus pectin is that it chelates with no side effects and does not upset the mineral balance. It also has been extensively scientifically studied. It is modified to get through the gut and into the blood to work on galactin 3.
Look at Eco Nugenics. As with everything there is the one that has been studied and the copies.
I've used this for 3 months. I need another 3 months (hopefully) to be done. It's effective so far as my blood pressure has gone down, but with some more to go. My uric acid has gone down as well. In the absence of blood and urine tests which I cannot get locally, I've used those markers as proxy for my lead toxicity.

I've tried one other brand call HMD before. It did squat.

Achillea's right. I should have gone with Pectasol before. Instead, I went with HMD. Pectasol's the real thiug.

Its price has gone way up though. It is for good reason. By the way, it's called PectaClear now.

Xisca

Great topic thanks!

I believe Dr Peat doesn't like pectin.
Raw pectine, because it will make you as a balloon! I do experience this with unfiltered orange juice, and I can eat cooked orange...

Xisca

By the way, it's called PectaClear now.
I saw that the new one is different, they added alginates from seeweeds!

Why on earth just not cooked some of the white peel, well all in marmelade!
Of course they say it is modified, but you do not know if the modif is so different than what you can do with the original product! They do not trell you what is the change...

yerrag

I saw that the new one is different, they added alginates from seeweeds!

Why on earth just not cooked some of the white peel, well all in marmelade!
Of course they say it is modified, but you do not know if the modif is so different than what you can do with the original product! They do not trell you what is the change...
I actually only used PectaClear, and had no chance to use PectaSol. I think the maker had to do some reshuffling or repositioning of the product line and so made the name change. But I think the formulation is done well, and it's proprietary, and we'd be better off handing out the big bucks, especially if it leads to a cure, and is not a lifetime expense to deal with. '

Given the toxicity of heavy metals, it isn't something I would want to have with me a day longer if I can help it. I've made great strides with my health removing the mercury toxicity before. I just didn't know how I got the lead toxicity after making my mercury toxicity go away, but now I'm making progress using PectaClear, I'm just glad it provides a more gentle way to chelate - orally - than having to go through IV chelation, which I did with the mercury detox.

Do you suspect some heavy metal toxicity in you?

achillea

All the research has been done on the Pectasol C. Dr Eliaz say s he solely does the Pectasol C. He had recommended using EDTA for the lead and then found the alginate would work too. If my wife gets a headache she takes the Pectasol C and it helps a lot. You have to let it stand in the liquid for 3 minutes, the stir vigorously and be sure to drink it all. We found if we take a little and put it on the tongue it can cause cankers.

Amazoniac

Interesting..
https://www.researchgate.net/public...avy_Metal_Chelation_and_Detoxification_-_Five

"Modified citrus pectin (MCP) is a dietary supplement derived from the inner peel white pulp of citrus fruit. Citrus pectin is a complex polysaccharide obtained from the inner peel and is a soluble fiber. D-galacturonic acid is the principal monosaccharide compound that composes pectin. Some neutral sugars are also present in pectin. The D-galacturonic acid residues are linked together by alpha-1, 4 glycosidic linkages. Unmodified pectin is a non-digestible polysaccharide in long polymers of cross-linked chains. MCP is composed of citrus pectin that has been broken down into shorter chain molecules and reduced side chain structure using enzymatic and pH modification. The lower molecular weight is required in order for the pectin to be absorbed into the bloodstream during digestion, and the reduced esterification facilitates the ability of the pectin molecule to bind to its targets. MCP has been shown in animal models to inhibit tumor cell emboli and metastasis [5, 6], reduce tumor growth [7] and in human clinical study to slow progression of prostate cancer [8], and may stimulate the immune system as suggested in human cell culture [9]. Its ability to bind toxic heavy metals and excrete them while not disturbing the essential minerals in healthy humans has been recently demonstrated [10]. The specific MCP utilized in this study was demonstrated to have optimal structure for chelation of heavy metals. It consists of approximately 10% rhamnoglacturonan II as demonstrated in molecular analysis performed by the US the A [10]. It was also shown to decrease total body burden of mercury after prolonged use [11]."

"Mercury, cadmium, and other heavy metals have a high affinity for sulfhydryl (-SH) groups, inactivating numerous enzymatic reactions, amino acids, and sulfur-containing antioxidants (N-acetyl cystein [NAC], alpha lipoic acid [ALA], glutathione [GSH]), with subsequent decreased oxidant defense and increased oxidative stress. Both bind to metallothionein and substitute for zinc, copper, and other trace metals reducing the effectiveness of metalloenzymes. Mercury induces mitochondrial dysfunction with reduction in adenosine triphosphate (ATP), depletion of GSH, and increased lipid peroxidation. The overall vascular effects of mercury include oxidative stress, inflammation, thrombosis, vascular smooth muscle dysfunction, endothelial dysfunction, dyslipidemia, immune dysfunction, and mitochondrial dysfunction [21]. Metal-mediated formation of free radicals causes various modifications to the NA bases, enhanced lipid peroxidation, and altered calcium and sulfhydryl homeostasis. Lipid peroxides, formed by the attack of radicals on polyunsaturated fatty acid residues of phospholipids, can further react with redox metals finally producing mutagenic and carcinogenic malondialdehyde, 4-hydroxy-nonenal and other exocyclic DNA adducts [22]. The recent findings in the metal-induced formation of free radicals and the role of oxidative stress in the carcinogenicity and toxicity of metals are shedding more light on the etiology of many chronic diseases. Clear exposure-response relationships and high risks have been observed and associated with exposure to lead, cadmium, mercury and arsenic [23]."

"The preventative potential of these compounds was clearly illustrated in Case 5 of this study in which the patient using MCP exclusively, discontinued MCP for 9 months resulting in increased levels of total body mercury due to ongoing exposure, presumed mainly from consumption of fish and seafood."

"One of the major issues with heavy metals, especially mercury, is the high percentage of reabsorption through the gut. While elemental mercury is poorly absorbed through the gut, its organic methylated form is highly absorbed (90–95% absorption). The non-organic elemental mercury excreted through the bile is often methylated by abnormal bacteria or yeast in the gut resulting in re-absorption of methylated mercury. Organic mercury (from fish and seafood) and elemental mercury absorbed from various pollutants can also be absorbed through the digestive tract. The methylated mercury can pass the blood-brain barrier, and exert its toxic effects in the brain either as methylated mercury, or after being demethylated in the brain, as elemental mercury. A similar mechanism and issue exists for other heavy metals that can get reabsorbed through the digestive tract. The reabsorption can be prevented and minimized by using modified, low molecular weight alginates. The low molecular weight alginates are crucial to selective binding of heavy metals, without binding to essential minerals. The relative binding affinity series of both alginates and pectin for their potential for metal sequestration consistently places lead as having the highest affinity [27–29]."

"The trace metal most dramatically lost as a result of EDTA chelation is zinc. Researchers have found that 24 h after an infusion of EDTA, the urine of human subjects contained 15 times the normal amount of zinc [32]. In the study of urinary excretion using MCP there was virtually no change in urinary excretion of zinc after 24 h or after 6 days [10]."

"These five case studies demonstrate that the use of MCP alone and in combination with alginates, successfully reduced heavy metal burden over time. It has been previously demonstrated that MCP has the ability to increase the urinary excretion of toxic elements in subjects with ‘normal’ body loads of metals without increasing excretion of essential minerals [10]. Decrease in total body burden of mercury using MCP has also been previously demonstrated [11]. This is the first known documentation of evidence of such results in a report of case studies with possible correlation between clinical outcome and a reduction in toxic heavy metal load in patients with MCP and/or an MCP/alginate complex. No adverse side effects have been reported or documented. These compounds appear able to provide a measured, progressive detoxification, avoiding side effects and exacerbation of symptoms commonly reported with the use of synthetic chelating agents."

yerrag

I used PectaClear daily for 3 months for lead chelation, with the intention of lowering my blood pressure. I couldn't tell if there was any lead reduction, but if I based it on reduction of blood pressure, it had no effect on me.

I changed to using vitamin C and magnesium chloride, and after 2 months of its use, my blood pressure had gone down from 200/135. But my blood pressure is still high at 180/120, but 2 more months of vitamin C and magnesium failed to lower it, so now I'm going to try another tack. I'm going to test for one month of magnesium chloride, vitamin C, as well as PectaClear. I hope to start in a week.

Succinic acid I'd like to try in the future. @OkayByTheSea, do you have any results you could share?

OP
O

OkayByTheSea

I did not have high blood pressure as a result of poisoning. I had chelation therapy when the poisoning was detected.

yerrag

I did not have high blood pressure as a result of poisoning. I had chelation therapy when the poisoning was detected.
Your chelation therapy was with succinic acid?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals