Modern milk supply a source of Hormone Disrupting Chemicals

rhythmvortex

Hormone Disrupting Chemicals (HDC's) have been released through out our food supply, water and environment for 50 years, decreasing fertility by 50% in one generation. They mention in this video, unless the cow is milked by hand, milk is a source of these HDC's ! I wonder if ingesting store bought milk is causing us more problems than it solves?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo-kSxHNSDQ

Dr. B

Hormone Disrupting Chemicals (HDC's) have been released through out our food supply, water and environment for 50 years, decreasing fertility by 50% in one generation. They mention in this video, unless the cow is milked by hand, milk is a source of these HDC's ! I wonder if ingesting store bought milk is causing us more problems than it solves?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo-kSxHNSDQ

how does the milk attain the HDCs? is it from the stainless steel containers? which specific materials/equipments introduce HDCs into the milk

Perry Staltic

how does the milk attain the HDCs? is it from the stainless steel containers? which specific materials/equipments introduce HDCs into the milk

Plastics. Flexible lines in factories and containers from factories to stores.

Dr. B

Plastics. Flexible lines in factories and containers from factories to stores.
is there a significant amount that leeches, since milk isnt acidic and theyre kept refrigerated unlike the bottled waters which have the exposure to heat risk, and orange juice is also kept cold but is much more acidic

Perry Staltic

is there a significant amount that leeches, since milk isnt acidic and theyre kept refrigerated unlike the bottled waters which have the exposure to heat risk, and orange juice is also kept cold but is much more acidic

I doubt it's getting much from plastic piping in dairies. Most of the piping, and probably all of the tanks are stainless. I imagine most exposure comes from sitting in plastic packaging containers .

Michael Mohn

I get raw milk from a farmer and this milk keeps stable for days and days even with little refrigeration. Store bought pasteurised organic milk goes off after 2-3 days in the fridge and without cooling it is sour after 1 day. The same observation with raw meat, if you keep it cool and dry it ages perfectly but cooked meat is rotten after 2days. I think pasteurisation and storing foods plus tonnes of additives & preservatives in the food are the culprit.

amd

Dietary Exposure Estimation to Chemicals Transferred from Milk and Dairy Products Packaging Materials in Spanish Child and Adolescent Population
https://www.mdpi.com/2304-8158/9/11/1554/htm

Foods - 27 October 2020

In brief, a novel analytical approach based on [total diet study] TDS-like investigations was developed, with the aim of estimating the dietary exposure to chemicals from food packaging materials.

The proposed approach comprised a screening step to identify potential migrants in the packaging and the determination of the chemicals in the food composite samples to later estimate the dietary exposure. In this study, the methodology was applied to the packaging of milk and dairy products.

The dietary exposure to different packaging contaminants, including phthalates, BP, 1,3-DPP, and DEHT, was investigated in the child and adolescent population.

As far as we know, very limited data on exposure to packaging contaminants, particularly to 1,3-DPP and DEHT, has been reported.

Although, in general, our data suggested a low dietary exposure to the contaminants evaluated, with the exception of DBP at the 95th percentile that exceeded the TDI; it is important to consider the combined exposure to multiple chemicals and possible synergistic effects for risk assessment determinations.

Spartan300

I get raw milk from a farmer and this milk keeps stable for days and days even with little refrigeration. Store bought pasteurised organic milk goes off after 2-3 days in the fridge and without cooling it is sour after 1 day. The same observation with raw meat, if you keep it cool and dry it ages perfectly but cooked meat is rotten after 2days. I think pasteurisation and storing foods plus tonnes of additives & preservatives in the food are the culprit.
This is interesting. The raw milk I've had has always seemed to last less time in the fridge.
I'd always assumed additives in processed milk made it keep longer

OP
rhythmvortex

rhythmvortex

I doubt it's getting much from plastic piping in dairies. Most of the piping, and probably all of the tanks are stainless. I imagine most exposure comes from sitting in plastic packaging containers .
In the video they suggest the contamination is coming from pipes and milk vats.

OP
rhythmvortex

rhythmvortex

Although, in general, our data suggested a low dietary exposure to the contaminants evaluated, with the exception of DBP at the 95th percentile that exceeded the TDI; it is important to consider the combined exposure to multiple chemicals and possible synergistic effects for risk assessment determinations.
What is TDI ? and is this level of DBP considered to be a concern if a major portion of your calories come from milk and cheese?

Ben.

Soooooo ... basicly ... i need to get myself sheep or cows and milk from hand?

Shiat is everywhere ...
Perhaps it would be better to find solutions as in to detox/remove this ***t from the body efficently.
Or perhaps someone somewhere developes pipes, tanks and packaging that is safe by raypeatforum standards.

Perry Staltic

Any contamination from piping and vats could possibly be coming from cleaning materials used to acid wash milk proteins from stainless. So there may be some weird residual chemicals from that.

OP
rhythmvortex

rhythmvortex

I seriously doubt it. Stainless is pretty inert.
lots of plastic in the processing of milk.
iu

milk.jpg
iu
iu
iu

Nebula

In addition to that I would expect substances in cattle feed to transfer to milk as well. In some areas land that cattle feed is grown on is fertilized with sewage sludge, which often contains PFAS and other chemicals.

OP
rhythmvortex

rhythmvortex

"Phthalates are now used in so many products they are almost impossible to avoid. A Swiss study found people who eat healthily and try to avoid chemical additives in their food are exposed to much the same levels of phthalates as those who eat junk food and don't worry about their diet at all. Experiments with animals have consistently shown that some phthalates can be endocrine disruptors but, as with BPA, the evidence for adverse health effects from low-level exposure to phthalates is more limited. Again, though, there's too much of it to be ignored.

Because of its low cost, DEHP is the phthalate most often used as a plasticiser for PVC. Experts now generally agree that low level exposure to DEHP can affect reproductive development, particularly in young boys, and a US study has found a link between exposure to phthalates and increased risk of diabetes and obesity in men." Is plastic food packaging dangerous? | CHOICE

OP
rhythmvortex

rhythmvortex

Which plastics are which?​

Some plastics are safer than others. Use this table to see which ones are best avoided.

Identification codeType of plasticUsesRisks
1Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
  • Bottles used for water and softdrinks
  • Jars for products such as peanut butter
  • Lightweight and 'green' wine bottles
No known health hazards.
2High density polyethylene (HDPE)
  • Bottles used for milk and cream
  • Yoghurt cups
  • Bags that line breakfast cereal packets
No known health hazards.
3Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
  • Shrink and cling wrap
  • Clear plastic containers for fresh fruit or takeaway sandwiches
  • Some soft drink bottles
  • The gaskets that form a seal on screw-cap glass jars
Contains plasticisers such as DEHA or phthalates that can leach into food.
4Low density polyethylene (LDPE)
  • Take-away containers
  • Waterproof coating on milk cartons
  • Bags used for bread and frozen foods
  • Cling wrap
No known health hazards.
5Polypropylene (PP)
  • Bottle caps
  • Yoghurt and margarine containers
  • Food storage boxes
No known health hazards.
6Polystyrene (PS)
  • Plastic cutlery
  • Drinking cups and yoghurt cups
  • Cups for hot coffee (polystyrene foam)
  • Lightweight trays used by supermarket to package and sometimes vegetables (polystyrene foam)
Researchers have investigated possible health risks from traces of styrene monomer. This risk seems to be low.
7The number 7 is used as a catch-all for any other plastics, one of which is polycarbonate.
  • Bottles for sauces and condiments
  • Babies' feeding bottles and infants' drinking cups
  • Reusable water bottles for cyclists and athletes
Polycarbonate can release BPA into food, especially when bottles are washed for reuse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals