MLR for glyphosate in carrots,sweet potatoes risen by 2500%

BaconBits

http://gmoinside.org/epa-raises-levels- ... d-in-food/

This glyphosate limit uping warning was all over the internet since July, but I was shocked to see carrots on the list!?

In carrots they risen in to 5ppm, the number at which in experimental animals liver fails. In sweet potatoes they risen it to 3ppm. Why did they do that, why?? Is that the problem people cant tolerate starches and sweet potatoes, since most grains have MLR over 10ppm? All, if not most of sweet potatoes come to EU from USA, all I see say origin USA.
I could not find what is the average residue of glyphosate in sweet potatoes and carrots.

Ben

Re: MLR for glyphosate in carrots,sweet potatoes risen by 25

Wouldn't the problem be solved by using organic carrots? Sweet potatoes wouldn't be considered a peaty food anyway, since they are high in beta-carotenes (like carrots). It should be a good decision to learn about gardening, because at this rate we will need to cultivate our own food to stay healthy. It made me roll my eyes when it said how the FDA relies on studies by Monsanto. FDA along with USDA also supported BANNING labeling non-GMO food as non-GMO, isn't that enough evidence to support how tightly bonded they are with Monsanto? It looks like EPA also has ties with them.

OP
B

BaconBits

Ben said:
Wouldn't the problem be solved by using organic carrots? Sweet potatoes wouldn't be considered a peaty food anyway, since they are high in beta-carotenes (like carrots). It should be a good decision to learn about gardening, because at this rate we will need to cultivate our own food to stay healthy. It made me roll my eyes when it said how the FDA relies on studies by Monsanto. FDA along with USDA also supported BANNING labeling non-GMO food as non-GMO, isn't that enough evidence to support how tightly bonded they are with Monsanto? It looks like EPA also has ties with them.

I am confused, I thought only the sweet potatoes with the orange flesh is high in beta carotene, I think you Americans call it a yam (but its not yam technically). If the sweet potato is white like the nightshade potato it will be low in beta carotene?? Or not??

Ben

The sweet potatoes I ate had orange flesh. If something doesn't have orange flesh, then it probably doesn't have much or any beta-carotene. Pumpkin has lots of beta-carotene.