Mixing Retinol with Minoxidil?

Brooks Esq.

Hello, I found some recent studies about the benefits of combining Retinol with Minoxidil for increased hair regrowth. One of the studies refers to retinol as tretinoin, I will post what I have found below. I would like to try this and I was pondering about the best method. Do you guys think I could just mix Retinol Powder (Retinyl Palmitate) with the generic Kirkwood Minoxidil? I have also understood that some people just use Retinol serum on the scalp separately from Minoxidil, anyone on here have any experience with this?

Thank you in advance,

Brooks

Sharma, A., Goren, A., Dhurat, R., Agrawal, S., Sinclair, R., Trüeb, R. M., Vañó-Galván, S., Chen, G., Tan, Y., Kovacevic, M., Situm, M., & McCoy, J. (2019). Tretinoin enhances minoxidil response in androgenetic alopecia patients by upregulating follicular sulfotransferase enzymes. Dermatologic therapy, 32(3), e12915. Error - Cookies Turned Off

Yoo, H. G., Chang, I. Y., Pyo, H. K., Kang, Y. J., Lee, S. H., Kwon, O. S., Cho, K. H., Eun, H. C., & Kim, K. H. (2007). The additive effects of minoxidil and retinol on human hair growth in vitro. Biological & pharmaceutical bulletin, 30(1), 21–26. The Additive Effects of Minoxidil and Retinol on Human Hair Growth in Vitro

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Using what on the scalp? minoxidil and retinol mixture? did you mix it yourself?
Retinoid cream. And then minoxidil afterwards. They say after 5 days 50% of non-responders of minoxidil become responders.

I'll see how it goes and try to optimize other parts of my diet so that I minimize the side effects from minoxidil most ppl get

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

Retinoid cream. And then minoxidil afterwards. They say after 5 days 50% of non-responders of minoxidil become responders.

I'll see how it goes and try to optimize other parts of my diet so that I minimize the side effects from minoxidil most ppl get
Thank you