Mixing Coffee And Pau D'arco

kranum

I was curious about mixing coffe and Pau d'arco (tabebuia), so I decided to try to do that in the french press. I'm wondering if that would be a good way to get some benefits from the Pau d'arco, while not missing out on coffee. The taste is pretty good i would say.
Has anyone tried this or having any thoughts on whether it is a good way to consume Pau d'arco?

D

danishispsychic

Awesome idea, I am going to try that. Thank you!!

D

danishispsychic

Sometimes I press Good Earth original tea ( has rooibos in it ) with coffee. I like mixing tea with coffee - peppermint too = not sure if any of my teas are peaty- probs not.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was curious about mixing coffe and Pau d'arco (tabebuia), so I decided to try to do that in the french press. I'm wondering if that would be a good way to get some benefits from the Pau d'arco, while not missing out on coffee. The taste is pretty good i would say.
Has anyone tried this or having any thoughts on whether it is a good way to consume Pau d'arco?
A couple years ago I used the tincture mixed in my coffee. I liked taking it that way because it sort of masked the taste of the herb.

Travis

I've done it, and it's good. Also good is ceylon cinnamon pieces in the French press. If I had cancer, I would so do this every day.

I can't remember where I got Pau d'Arco so long ago. I think perhaps I had bought it off of Amazon or got it from the health food store (in the spice jar section.)

Two of the most powerful glyoxylase I inhibitors—lapachone and β-lapachone—are in Pau d'Arco (IC₅₀ ≈ 7·μM). The enzyme glyoxylase I detoxifies methylgloxal from the cell, normally produced from glucose. Inhibiting this enzyme raises methylglyoxal levels, and is probably why a few select polyphenols inhibit cancer (although some like baicalein inhibit lipoxygenase too, and others like curcumin also inhibit cyclooxygenase.) Paul Thornally is like the world's expert on methylglyoxal and has written scores articles on it.

Thornalley, Paul J. "Activity, regulation, copy number and function in the glyoxalase system." Biochemical Society (2014)
Wuerzberger, Shelly M. "Induction of apoptosis in MCF-7: WS8 breast cancer cells by β-lapachone." Cancer research (1998)
A litte‐known fact: methylglyoxal can also be made from excess L-threonine. Taking this with Pau d'Arco, baicalein, and pineapples (for sugar) would seem effective. Selenomethionine also powerfully inhibits cancer by inhibiting polyamine synthesis.

Last edited:

TreasureVibe

I've done it, and it's good. Also good is ceylon cinnamon pieces in the French press. If I had cancer, I would so do this every day.

I can't remember where I got Pau d'Arco so long ago. I think perhaps I had bought it off of Amazon or got it from the health food store (in the spice jar section.)

Two of the most powerful glyoxylase I inhibitors—lapachone and β-lapachone—are in Pau d'Arco (IC₅₀ ≈ 7·μM). The enzyme glyoxylase I detoxifies methylgloxal from the cell, normally produced from glucose. Inhibiting this enzyme raises methylglyoxal levels, and is probably why a few select polyphenols inhibit cancer (although some like baicalein inhibit lipoxygenase too, and others like curcumin also inhibit cyclooxygenase.) Paul Thornally is like the world's expert on methylglyoxal and has written scores articles on it.

Thornalley, Paul J. "Activity, regulation, copy number and function in the glyoxalase system." Biochemical Society (2014)
Wuerzberger, Shelly M. "Induction of apoptosis in MCF-7: WS8 breast cancer cells by β-lapachone." Cancer research (1998)
A litte‐known fact: methylglyoxal can also be made from excess L-threonine. Taking this with Pau d'Arco, baicalein, and pineapples (for sugar) would seem effective. Selenomethionine also powerfully inhibits cancer by inhibiting polyamine synthesis.
I have seen in a different topic it being adviced for cancer that L-Threonine together with Pau D'Arco could be anti-cancer, but this information that L-Threonine can be converted to methylglyoxal seems to be contradictory to that theory. What is your take on this

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals