Mitral Valve Not Closing And What To Do Make It Normal

Hi i went to a accupuncturist and was told my mitral valve is not closing.

Resting pulse was 170.

Is this mitral valve have anything in connection with the thyroid?

tara

Wouldn't surprise me if metabolic inefficiencies would contribute to the mitral valve issue, but once it's there i don't know if can be repaired by systemic metabolic approaches. I imagine you need that valve closing properly. What did the acupuncturist suggest you do?

OP
HealthisWealth
Hi tara,

The accupuncturist did some magnetic accupuncture and needle. But palpitation still there, its in the middle of my chest. This is the reason i cannot sleep because it made my body shaky, not visible shaky but internal tremors. He also ask me what kind of exercise i did. I remember last year month of october i keep on doing intense pull ups everyday.

3 days before i went to the accupuncturist my parents brought me to a massage because my upper back has some knots and they put me first in a portable sauna for 20minutes. Its made my chest perspire and somewhat soften my tight chest feeling. Maybe i will try this again.

Its really hard not to have sleep. Its now two months of unproductive sleep and days without sleep. The clemastine i took last night did not make me sleep. I also took atenolol a beta blocker. I really do not like to take again the rivotril.

I search about mitral valve and operation can close this?

aguilaroja

...went to a accupuncturist ...was told my mitral valve is not closing.
Resting pulse was 170.

Few acupuncturists have training to fully diagnosis heart valve problems, including mitral insufficiency/prolapse. Also, a resting heart rate of 170 is notably high. Feelings of palpitations and uneasiness often occur with an adult resting heart rate in that range. It would be helpful to have a prompt assessment by a physician or health practitioner with modern tools, including EKG and, if necessary, imaging.

Clemastine can cause increased heart rate due to its anti-cholingeric action, even though it is called an anti-histamine. It would be better to stop using the clemastine until you have more information.

Once there is clear information about heart valve function and heart rhythm classification (normal, or an arrythmia), metabolic issues are easier to discuss.

tara

It would be helpful to have a prompt assessment by a physician or health practitioner with modern tools, including EKG and, if necessary, imaging.
:+1

OP
HealthisWealth
Few acupuncturists have training to fully diagnosis heart valve problems, including mitral insufficiency/prolapse. Also, a resting heart rate of 170 is notably high. Feelings of palpitations and uneasiness often occur with an adult resting heart rate in that range. It would be helpful to have a prompt assessment by a physician or health practitioner with modern tools, including EKG and, if necessary, imaging.

Clemastine can cause increased heart rate due to its anti-cholingeric action, even though it is called an anti-histamine. It would be better to stop using the clemastine until you have more information.

Once there is clear information about heart valve function and heart rhythm classification (normal, or an arrythmia), metabolic issues are easier to discuss.

Hi thanks aguilaroja, Tonight as much i dont i want but out of desperation I took 1mg rivotril and atenolol beta blocker. I slept well for 4 to 5 hours and woke up now to eat. I will try this combo for a few days. Thanks for information about clemastine and will stop taking. I did start the beta blocker and clemastine three days ago. Right now is the first time i combined rivotril and atenolol.

By the way this is my history. I went to three medical doctors. And none of them suspect mitral valve. This is my timeline when i went to a doctor.

Dec 24 First doctor at emergency room im not yet taking rivotril. They put me on ECG test. The nurse put some electrical something on my chest. The nurse kept on rearranging the ECG test as if something unusal. AFter the ECG test the doctor said its normal

Jan 4 or 5 i went to an endocrinologist. The doctor told me look at my thryoid test and said its normal to her standard. TSH around 6.something. He uses a stetotoscope to hear my breathing. Im already taking rivotril so maybe she did not find something unusual in my heartbeat. Was told of pyschological stree and ask me to see an neurospsychiatrist.

A week after or two, i went to an nueropsychiatrist, He did some nuerological physical test. Was told psycological stress and to continue taking the rivotril for 14 days and 14 days every other day. But i did not finish the course becuase i know something is not right and masking the symptoms. I always only slept around 3 to and luckily 5 hours straigh with the rivotril.

So after the three medical doctors. I kept my health choices open and went to a popular herbalist who can cure cancers and any other type of internal ailments rejected by medical doctors. The herbalist hold my pulse and was told i have a thyroid problem which is true. And ask me to buy herbs outside and tried it twice. Maybe it help my thyroid. But still the chest tightening, fluttering, cannot sleep persist.

I went to another recommendation this time a accupuncturist who specialize in spinal treatments. This time im off the rivotril for more than a week. I explain my symptoms. And was told to lie on the bed and he hold both my pulse many times. Was told 170beats per minuter resting pulse and mitral valve doesnt close contributing to the 24 hour non stop unusual heartbeat and internal tremors that made me not to sleep. If the accupuncturist diagnosis is true without using stetoscope why did the dec 24 ECG test did not find anything wrong? Maybe its dec 24 the nurse and doctor feels the christmas spirit.

Right now im thinking going to a cardiovascular doctor and will tell whats happening to me. Its been months now of having hard time to sleep or no sleep at all if i didnt take medication. I hope its not open body operations of the mitral valve. By the way are there less invasive way dealing with the mitral valve example chiropractors can they manipulate spinal cords or rib cage? My ribcage at the left side there is a bone protruding slighty to the right near the center of the chest.

aguilaroja

...Tonight ... I took 1mg rivotril and atenolol beta blocker. I slept well for 4 to 5 hours and woke up now to eat...
... I went to three medical doctors. And none of them suspect mitral valve....

I think it's good that you have found a combination to help you sleep in the short term. It is easier to get well with sufficient sleep.

If not already done, it would be good to learn how to check your own pulse (heart rate) frequently, one or more times. If it is difficult to do or get a friend to do, there are also smart phone apps (some free, others low priced) that can be used. Also, there are fairly low priced home pulse oximeters that measure heart rate.

By doing this, you can see how often the heart rate is rapid. Then you have more data than single doctor/herbalist/acupuncturist visits.

Of course there is stress. Anyone with a rapid heart rate is liable to feel palpitations, anxiety, and other stuff. The question is: does the rapid rate come from a heart rhythm irregularity?

It is reassuring that two practitioners who used a stethoscope did not hear heart murmurs to indicate mitral valve issues. If the heart rate is frequently in the 170 range (or much higher than 100) while at rest, find physician help to further check things. Next, further testing, if needed, would be mild, such as 24 hour heart monitoring or Echocardiogram. But you can start by obtaining your own data about pulse.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
HealthisWealth
Even i took this medicine rivotril and atenolol, would the 24 hour heart monitoring and echocardiogram have an accurate diagnosis? When i went to the accupuncturist im off the rivotril for almost two weeks, the atenolol i just took after the accupuncturist told me about the mitral valve.

Im going to a medical doctor again right now.

OP
HealthisWealth
Update:

Last sunday(feb21) i took atenolol & rivotril(1mg) and i slept 4 to 5 hours. Monday my accupuncturist gave me a herb fufang danshen pian but had doubts because i not sure about chinese herbs and its not that expensive. So i didnt take it monday night. Tuesday night i took bought atenolol, rivotril and fufang danshen pian and wow for the first time i felt some circulation in my head and slept well. Wednesday night i tried without atenolol and but with rivotril and fufang danshen pian and slept soundly and i think i over slept because for the first time im still feeling the effects of rivotril. Maybe i will try from 1mg to .05mg.

May be this herb help slow down my heart fluttering raising.

If .05 mg rivotril will make me sleep, what safer supplements can i replace it with? ( Niacinamide? L-theanine? Taurine?) Combination of these two or three?

shepherdgirl

FYI, this from Peat's 1996 interview on the thyroid with Gary Null, pasted from burtlancast's posting of the transcription:

"In eastern Europe, the cabbage and turnip staple diets were major causes of cretinism and chronic goiter and myxedema. Myxedema is the name for one type of hypothyroidism that develops in adults, in which mucousy material forms in the tissues, makes the tongue thicken, the skin gets coarse and inelastic -- but variations of myxedema can cause a lot of strange diseases that are put down to genetic causes more often than hypothyroidism, but you can cure them, in sometimes a week or two, with the right dose of thyroid.

For example, certain types of mitral valve prolapses are just from an accumulation of a mucous-like material in the valve, making it thick and inefficient. Glaucoma in low thyroid involves a swelling and overproduction and increased thickness of the fluids in the eyeball. Some types of Graves' disease, which most doctors think of as hyperthyroidism -- but hypothyroidism, which causes the pituitary to become overactive -- hypothyroidism very predictably tends to cause bulging eyes, because the thyroid stimulating hormone from the pituitary causes a mucousy material to form in the area behind the eyeball, causing a protrusion of the eyeball.

The mucousy materials that are overproduced can also cause blood vessel inefficiency and rigidity, and contributes to things like varicose veins. When this material gets in the joints, it causes cartilage deformities. The old textbooks used to show teenagers with deformed joints that caused the same deviation of the bones -- at the elbow joint especially, and the knee joint especially, with knock knees for example -- but in old people you see the fingers deviating to one side, because the cartilage is getting deformed.

The right balance of thyroid and the youth associated hormones -- progesterone and pregnenolone, and to some extent, DHEA -- will rebalance the production of these mucous-like molecules -- the glycoproteins and mucopolysaccharides, they're called
-- and in just a week or two, you can often correct the deformity in a permanent way, so that the joint functions without pain or distortion."

shepherdgirl

Glad you found it interesting paymanz!
Based on Peat's quote I'm also wondering if myxedema could sometimes play a role in myopia or hyperopia.
Hope you are feeling better HealthisWealth.

Parsifal

FYI, this from Peat's 1996 interview on the thyroid with Gary Null, pasted from burtlancast's posting of the transcription:

"In eastern Europe, the cabbage and turnip staple diets were major causes of cretinism and chronic goiter and myxedema. Myxedema is the name for one type of hypothyroidism that develops in adults, in which mucousy material forms in the tissues, makes the tongue thicken, the skin gets coarse and inelastic -- but variations of myxedema can cause a lot of strange diseases that are put down to genetic causes more often than hypothyroidism, but you can cure them, in sometimes a week or two, with the right dose of thyroid.

For example, certain types of mitral valve prolapses are just from an accumulation of a mucous-like material in the valve, making it thick and inefficient. Glaucoma in low thyroid involves a swelling and overproduction and increased thickness of the fluids in the eyeball. Some types of Graves' disease, which most doctors think of as hyperthyroidism -- but hypothyroidism, which causes the pituitary to become overactive -- hypothyroidism very predictably tends to cause bulging eyes, because the thyroid stimulating hormone from the pituitary causes a mucousy material to form in the area behind the eyeball, causing a protrusion of the eyeball.

The mucousy materials that are overproduced can also cause blood vessel inefficiency and rigidity, and contributes to things like varicose veins. When this material gets in the joints, it causes cartilage deformities. The old textbooks used to show teenagers with deformed joints that caused the same deviation of the bones -- at the elbow joint especially, and the knee joint especially, with knock knees for example -- but in old people you see the fingers deviating to one side, because the cartilage is getting deformed.

The right balance of thyroid and the youth associated hormones -- progesterone and pregnenolone, and to some extent, DHEA -- will rebalance the production of these mucous-like molecules -- the glycoproteins and mucopolysaccharides, they're called
-- and in just a week or two, you can often correct the deformity in a permanent way, so that the joint functions without pain or distortion."
Interesting. I wonder if it would apply to other body deformities from birth (squint/strabismus, prognathism, spondylosisthesis, scoliosis, cubitus/genu valgus/varum, kyphosis, etc).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals