Amazoniac

I use it orally if to prevent gut irritation given the studies on it for Chron's, IBS, IBD, and protection from aspirin damage. So, if I know I will be eating something like starch or even lentils, I take 20 drops orally. Otherwise I take it topically as it absorbs rather well and the effects on skin are amazing, even though I do not care much about that.
Jorge!

- Phospholipase A2 in skin biology: new insights from gene-manipulated mice and lipidomics

The phospholipids of your product might encounter skin phospholipases. The skin contains some unsaturated fats (unless in the case of pboy or Terma: full saturation), but I don't know if there would be enough time for the fatty acids to be cleaved; a cooler temperature may work in favor of intact absorption for slowing down enzyme activity. Have you looking into this?

Last edited:

Amazoniac

- Effects of Linoleic Acid Position in Phosphatidylcholines and Cholesterol Addition on Their Rates of Peroxidation in Unilamellar Liposomes

"Lipids of cellular membranes are complex mixtures of molecular species that include glycerophospholipids that can be divided into the polar head group and the non-polar core, defined by the fatty acids esterified at sn-1 and sn-2 of the glycerol backbone."

"The oxidative stability of membrane phospholipids is often discussed in terms of their component fatty acids; thus, the effects of fatty acids on membrane functionality are well-documented,(4–6) but relatively little is known about the effects of the positional distribution of fatty acids on the glycerol backbone."

"Animal tissue contains phospholipids of molecular species defined by a saturated esterified fatty acid, usually 16 or 18 carbons in length, at the sn-1 position of glycerol and an unsaturated esterified fatty acid that is usually bound at the sn-2 position.(7)"

"In the present study, we investigated the effects of sn-positions of esterified unsaturated fatty acid on PCs in the initial stage of lipid peroxidation using a water-soluble or a lipid-soluble radical generator."

"We used three molecular species of PC:
  • 1-palmitoyl-2-linoleoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (PLPC), a saturated palmitic acid esterified at the sn-1 position of glycerol and an unsaturated linoleic acid at thesn-2 position
  • 1-linoleoyl-2-palmitoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (LPPC), the unsaturated acid esterified at the sn-1 position and the saturated acid at the sn-2 position),
and a 1:1 molar-ratio mixture of
  • 1,2-dilinoleoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (DLPC) and 1,2-dipalmitoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (DPPC)"

upload_2020-11-5_21-21-8.png

"When peroxidation of LUV liposomes was initiated by AAPH [water-soluble oxidant], the linoleoyl moiety substituted at the sn-1 position was less sensitive than that at the sn-2 position to the aqueous radicals (Table 1). This positional effect of acyl chains might be related to the hydration behavior of PCs.(23) Both sn-1 and sn-2 acyl chains have two different degrees of hydration. One carbonyl is exposed to the aqueous phase and the other is hidden on the membrane plane. This might make the closer carbonyl to the hydrophilic head more exposed to the aqueous radicals and therefore enhanced the lipid oxidizability."

"On the other hand, the linoleoyl moiety at the sn-1 position was found to be more sensitive to attack by lipid-soluble radicals derived from MeOAMVN [water-insoluble oxidant] (Table 1). This sensitivity might be due to the influence of the dipole potential of phospholipids.(24) The closer the double bond to the polar head of PC, the stronger is the activation energy required to abstract hydrogen from the bis-allylic position of the unsaturated acyl chain. Consequently, the sn-1 position of unsaturated acyl chains oxidized more easily."

"DLPC has two linoleoyl chains, and this assures that at least one other linoleate is nearby when the first linoleate is oxidized. This was confirmed by the formation of dihydroperoxides during DLPC peroxidation in addition to monohydroperoxides (Fig. 2). Hence DLPC was thought to be easily susceptible to lipid peroxidation. However, it underwent relatively moderate peroxidation compared to PLPC and LPPC liposomes. This might have been due to the presence of DPPC, which acts as a spacer to block chain propagation in the bilayer.(20)"

"Cholesterol is one of the major components of biomembranes, yet its effect on the peroxidation of membrane lipids is not fully understood. Our results indicate that cholesterol in PLPC and LPPC liposomes inhibited lipid peroxidation in a dose-dependent manner when initiated by AAPH (Table 2). Mowriet al.(25) noted that cholesterol incorporation into liposomes suppressed the peroxidation rate. They suggested a relationship between membrane fluidity and the rate of peroxidation of bilayer lipids. Cholesterol has also been reported to increase the oxidative stability of PC liposomes.(26) Therefore, changes in the physical states of liposomes due to cholesterol addition might be an important factor affecting the rate of lipid peroxidation.(27)"

"In conclusion, the sn-position of unsaturated fatty chains of PC molecules and the cholesterol content of liposomes are important factors affecting their susceptibility to lipid peroxidation. Animal tissue contains PLPC-type molecular species. Thus the unsaturated acyl moiety attached at the sn-2 position of PC might be relatively stable against free radicals attacking from the inner part of lipid membranes, whereas this position is more sensitive to attack from the aqueous side."​

Last edited:

johnwester130

this is the dumbest question ever

but how is this getting into the fat cell and replacing it? what is it replacing it with?

johnwester130

- Effects of Linoleic Acid Position in Phosphatidylcholines and Cholesterol Addition on Their Rates of Peroxidation in Unilamellar Liposomes

"Lipids of cellular membranes are complex mixtures of molecular species that include glycerophospholipids that can be divided into the polar head group and the non-polar core, defined by the fatty acids esterified at sn-1 and sn-2 of the glycerol backbone."

"The oxidative stability of membrane phospholipids is often discussed in terms of their component fatty acids; thus, the effects of fatty acids on membrane functionality are well-documented,(4–6) but relatively little is known about the effects of the positional distribution of fatty acids on the glycerol backbone."

"Animal tissue contains phospholipids of molecular species defined by a saturated esterified fatty acid, usually 16 or 18 carbons in length, at the sn-1 position of glycerol and an unsaturated esterified fatty acid that is usually bound at the sn-2 position.(7)"

"In the present study, we investigated the effects of sn-positions of esterified unsaturated fatty acid on PCs in the initial stage of lipid peroxidation using a water-soluble or a lipid-soluble radical generator."

"We used three molecular species of PC:
  • 1-palmitoyl-2-linoleoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (PLPC), a saturated palmitic acid esterified at the sn-1 position of glycerol and an unsaturated linoleic acid at thesn-2 position
  • 1-linoleoyl-2-palmitoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (LPPC), the unsaturated acid esterified at the sn-1 position and the saturated acid at the sn-2 position),
and a 1:1 molar-ratio mixture of
  • 1,2-dilinoleoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (DLPC) and 1,2-dipalmitoyl-3-sn-phosphatidylcholine (DPPC)"

View attachment 20138
"When peroxidation of LUV liposomes was initiated by AAPH [water-soluble oxidant], the linoleoyl moiety substituted at the sn-1 position was less sensitive than that at the sn-2 position to the aqueous radicals (Table 1). This positional effect of acyl chains might be related to the hydration behavior of PCs.(23) Both sn-1 and sn-2 acyl chains have two different degrees of hydration. One carbonyl is exposed to the aqueous phase and the other is hidden on the membrane plane. This might make the closer carbonyl to the hydrophilic head more exposed to the aqueous radicals and therefore enhanced the lipid oxidizability."

"On the other hand, the linoleoyl moiety at the sn-1 position was found to be more sensitive to attack by lipid-soluble radicals derived from MeOAMVN [water-insoluble oxidant] (Table 1). This sensitivity might be due to the influence of the dipole potential of phospholipids.(24) The closer the double bond to the polar head of PC, the stronger is the activation energy required to abstract hydrogen from the bis-allylic position of the unsaturated acyl chain. Consequently, the sn-1 position of unsaturated acyl chains oxidized more easily."

"DLPC has two linoleoyl chains, and this assures that at least one other linoleate is nearby when the first linoleate is oxidized. This was confirmed by the formation of dihydroperoxides during DLPC peroxidation in addition to monohydroperoxides (Fig. 2). Hence DLPC was thought to be easily susceptible to lipid peroxidation. However, it underwent relatively moderate peroxidation compared to PLPC and LPPC liposomes. This might have been due to the presence of DPPC, which acts as a spacer to block chain propagation in the bilayer.(20)"

"Cholesterol is one of the major components of biomembranes, yet its effect on the peroxidation of membrane lipids is not fully understood. Our results indicate that cholesterol in PLPC and LPPC liposomes inhibited lipid peroxidation in a dose-dependent manner when initiated by AAPH (Table 2). Mowriet al.(25) noted that cholesterol incorporation into liposomes suppressed the peroxidation rate. They suggested a relationship between membrane fluidity and the rate of peroxidation of bilayer lipids. Cholesterol has also been reported to increase the oxidative stability of PC liposomes.(26) Therefore, changes in the physical states of liposomes due to cholesterol addition might be an important factor affecting the rate of lipid peroxidation.(27)"

"In conclusion, the sn-position of unsaturated fatty chains of PC molecules and the cholesterol content of liposomes are important factors affecting their susceptibility to lipid peroxidation. Animal tissue contains PLPC-type molecular species. Thus the unsaturated acyl moiety attached at the sn-2 position of PC might be relatively stable against free radicals attacking from the inner part of lipid membranes, whereas this position is more sensitive to attack from the aqueous side."​

sorry to be ignorant but what are you arguing for? what are you suggesting?

johnwester130

Ok, so to be clear... we all understand that:
- Phosphatidylcholine, in some people, can result in the formation of trimethylamine N-oxide (aka TMAO).
-> TMAO is an endotoxin that forms when certain gut microbes (I'm not sure which strains) consume foods containing the choline group of the PC lipid.
-> Presence of TMAO is highly correlated to heart disease.
-> One way to know if gut microbiota are forming this TMAO, is if one develops a fishy smell when consuming PC.
-> Rats have reported a fishy smell when using MitoLipin, a PC supplement
-> The fishy smell in MitoLipin is from the Vitamin E which is used as a solvent
-> MitoLipin does not produce TMAO in those who have the aforementioned gut microbes
= MitoLipin does not contribute to the formation of TMAO, and is therefore safe for rats who have heart disease.

Am I correct in this logic?

mitolipin is incomparable to other products on the market that use similar ingredients.

However if this is what you experienced I will not argue with you

johnwester130

mitolipin > pau'd arco> methylene blue > panquinone

All are good. Probably overkill to take them all. Mitolipin is the winner though.

Jesilyn

I think I may have overdid it. I was experiencing such relief from this supplement that I just kept taking more over the past few days. But now I am noticing some headache and irritability. I think I saw a post or two about this when I scanned through his thread originally but now I can’t find them. Also I’m feeling kinda out of it- sort of foggy and almost depressed. When I first take it I feel a clearing and easing, but then I start to feel kinda yucky. Stiffer in my soft tissue too. What could be causing this and is there something I can do other than stoping the supplement to address it?

Last edited:

CalmAmygdala

Has anyone found the recent batch of mitolipin that comes in big white bottles barely comes out? It takes me a solid 5 minutes to squeeze out 40 drops. Makes me not want to use it. Big thumbs down to an otherwise great product

johnwester130

Has anyone found the recent batch of mitolipin that comes in big white bottles barely comes out? It takes me a solid 5 minutes to squeeze out 40 drops. Makes me not want to use it. Big thumbs down to an otherwise great product

happened to me too

transferred it to a 60ml gorilla chubby bottle and the product is perfect

Fletcher

If the bottle is cold have you tried putting the bottle into a cup of hot water for a few minutes? Making the bottle warm is usually enough to get the liquid flowing easily.

johnwester130

how'd you transfer it? You cut it open or what?

took off the plastic dropper

poured it into new bottle

you can get dark plastic gorilla bottles if you needed to protect a product from light. all the new vape shops use them and they are very high quality bottles
IMG_20201230_210153.jpg

Last edited:

Blazko

It's much more like a cream than a liquid, so I opened the bottle and I scooped it up with a small scoop which is about a volume of 1 drop. Is it supposed to be so dense?

Mossy

It's much more like a cream than a liquid, so I opened the bottle and I scooped it up with a small scoop which is about a volume of 1 drop. Is it supposed to be so dense?
Yes, this is normal. The viscosity will not allow for a drip. You will have to estimate a drop/dose by squeezing the container, or as you did. But it sounds like that would damage the container.

Grapelander

johnwester130

Yes, this is normal. The viscosity will not allow for a drip. You will have to estimate a drop/dose by squeezing the container, or as you did. But it sounds like that would damage the container.

Transfer it to a gorilla chubby bottle.

Best bottles ever made