bluefish

This might be a repeated question... sorry in advance. If someone could confirm: Oxidal and mitolipin work well together sounds like and in theory should improve energy levels.

Thanks.

Gone Peating

@haidut, I suggest you to go through these again because the majority here has no relevance for what you're proposing. The purported function of phosphatidylcholine here is to be a mere carrier for its saturated fatty acids, yet if you inspect one by one, not only large amounts were often used but also polyunsaturated fats instead of saturated, how to reconcile? It's either the fatty acids or the choline compound being protective.

You're listing for example an experiment with 600 mg/kg of soybean PC injected in rats, which can be the equivalent to 1 g of choline in a human. There are experiments using 800 mg of choline a day, while Mitolipin provides about 28 mg/serving. The person would need to almost empty a entire bottle at once to match the amount. Pick 3 random ones and you'll confirm this.

Was this ever answered? This seems to be an important point

bluefish

Oxidal and mitolipin

Are these good for raising energy levels? improving mitochondria etc?

they seem similar, from my limited knowledge and based on reading the threads.

Any idea where I should start w these?

Im using magoil and enjoying it... I was planning to place another order of the magoil and was wanting to try another also...

Thanks

Soren

Forum Supporter
@haidut is the vitamin E in Mitolipin the same type of vitamin E that is in Tocovit?

johnwester130

After about a week of taking 200mg, I felt like I was getting uncoupling effects and lost some weight. My waking temps were around 99 but pulse did not change. It also made me able to focus and do much longer stretches of mental effort. Mood improved a lot as well. Similar to the effects of a very high dose methylene blue (60mg). However, with that dose of methylene blue I experienced very pronounced increase in serotonin and it is not something that can be maintained for more than a few days. With MitoLipin (both topical and oral) I felt much more blissful, without the nervousness from the serotonin of high dose methylene blue. I guess the effects I got from MitoLipin are not that surprising since it acts very similar to methylene blue but through a different pathway. Methylene blue is an electron carrier and alternative oxidizing agent. MitoLipin acts like an antagonist of PUFA, so re-saturates the mitochondrial lipids. So, its effects are a bit like depleting yourself of PUFA but you don't have to wait 4 years to accomplish that :):
I hope that answers your questions.

mitolipin or vitamin E to saturate the body ?

Candeias

What is the amount of Vitamin E in each serving today? Ray Peat only recommends 50ui daily now

Amazoniac

- First-in-class cardiolipin-protective compound as a therapeutic agent to restore mitochondrial bioenergetics

"Unlike other phospholipids, "c"ar"d"iolipin is a lipid dimer with two phosphate head groups and four acyl side chains, thus giving it a conical structure (Figure 1). To a lesser extent, phosphatidylethanolamine also has a cone shape. As a result, these two phospholipids do not form bilayers. On a membrane with other lipids, they exert a lateral pressure that modulates membrane curvature (Frey and Mannella, 2000; Osman et al., 2011) (Figure 1)."

upload_2020-1-8_11-2-45.png

"Thus cardiolipin is particularly important for cristae formation, and deficiency in cardiolipin results in loss of cristae membranes (Acehan et al., 2007) (Figure 2). Cardiolipin also plays an important role in maintaining inner membrane fluidity and osmotic stability, and decreases the energy required to create folds or cristae in the IMM [figure] (Shibata et al., 1994; Nichols-Smith et al., 2004)."

"Cardiolipin also helps to organize the respiratory complexes into supercomplexes to facilitate optimal electron transfer among the redox partners (Zhang et al., 2002; Pfeiffer et al., 2003; Mileykovskaya and Dowhan, 2009; Kiebish et al., 2012; Bazan et al., 2013) (Figure 2). Many of the respiratory complexes and carrier proteins require cardiolipin for optimal assembly and function (Fry and Green, 1981; Hoch, 1992; Mileykovskaya et al., 2005; Zhang et al., 2005; Chicco and Sparagna, 2007; Wittig and Schagger, 2009; Schwall et al., 2012). Disruption of supercomplex formation can enhance ROS generation from complex I (Maranzana et al., 2013). Cardiolipin also plays a role in anchoring cyt c to the IMM and facilitates electron transfer from complex III to complex IV (Rytomaa and Kinnunen, 1994, 1995)."

upload_2020-1-8_11-2-52.png

"The oxidation of cardiolipin produces kinks in the acyl chain that disturbs cardiolipin microdomains on the IMM and causes the loss of curvature (Figure 3). Cardiolipin peroxidation also disrupts supercomplexes and causes cyt c to be detached from the IMM. All of this results in inhibition of mitochondrial respiration and sets the stage for apoptosis (Gonzalvez and Gottlieb, 2007; Schug and Gottlieb, 2009). Oxidized cardiolipin synergizes with Ca2+ to induce opening of the mitochondrial permeability transition (MPT) pore (Petrosillo et al., 2007)."

upload_2020-1-8_11-2-59.png

- Barth Syndrome: From Mitochondrial Dysfunctions Associated with Aberrant Production of Reactive Oxygen Species to Pluripotent Stem Cell Studies

bluefish

I just placed an order for mitolipin... curious how it will work out.

aside from other supplements I’m taking...

I’m doing: magoil and oxidal. It’s been working and feeling very good w these so far.

bluefish

took mitolipin today... along w oxidal. Felt my body heat up nicely.

I have read a few times that after a few week there might be an "uncoupling"... what does that mean? and how does that feel? Would I notice anything?

No one seems active on this thread right now... so not expecting an answer... but who knows...lol

Broken man

took mitolipin today... along w oxidal. Felt my body heat up nicely.

I have read a few times that after a few week there might be an "uncoupling"... what does that mean? and how does that feel? Would I notice anything?

No one seems active on this thread right now... so not expecting an answer... but who knows...lol
If I am right Uncoupling means that ATP is used for making heat and CO2.

Broken man

Hello dear Haidut, I would like to ask, is there a possibility that you would make a product with only stearic acid choline version of this product? Or product for purpose of increasing stearic acid in the body? I mean you can sell it as cure after drinking on ebay or something like this. Thank you for your time.

scoobydoo

Has anyone else experience crazy increase in appetite from this?
Day 2: 20 drops topically, 10 orally in morning with breakfast
felt mentally very sharp
But too much dopamine or perhaps high glutamate
Cold extremities, nervousness/overall excitation increased highly
But body temp dropped and appetite increased very fast
Blood sugar drop most likely
But overall appetite seems larger too

@haidut

Last edited:

Momado965

It gives me the itches along with diamant but other than that I love them both. I dont know how resolve the itching problem.

scoobydoo

It gives me the itches along with diamant but other than that I love them both. I dont know how resolve the itching problem.
I know histamine can cause itching but. I don’t see what I’m mitolipin would chase that
Unless it’s high dopamine + already high histamine

Mossy

Has anyone else experience crazy increase in appetite from this?
Day 2: 20 drops topically, 10 orally in morning with breakfast
felt mentally very sharp
But too much dopamine or perhaps high glutamate
Cold extremities, nervousness/overall excitation increased highly
But body temp dropped and appetite increased very fast
Blood sugar drop most likely
But overall appetite seems larger too

@haidut
When I first took this, I got the nervousness and excitation. That was several years ago, when my health was worse. I can now take a few drops, oral or topical, without that. Maybe you need to start low and work high, with dose.

scoobydoo

When I first took this, I got the nervousness and excitation. That was several years ago, when my health was worse. I can now take a few drops, oral or topical, without that. Maybe you need to start low and work high, with dose.
Any thoughts on what would actually cause the reaction? I actually did same dose today and didn’t really get any response from it besides still some hypoglycemia