MitoLipin - Dietary Supplement For Cardiolipin And Mitochondria Support

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Apr 1, 2016.

1. managing

managing Member

My first guess would be that is related to the fact that 99.93% of the choline on the market is unsaturated.

Pretty bizarre that the authors would draw a link between lecithin and "eggs, liver and other meats, cheese and other dairy products, fish, shellfish" because both groups contain choline and totally ignore the link between lecithin and their precious PUFA because . . . well, they are the same thing.

I'll be interested in looking closer at the study. But that is jumping out and slapping me in the face.

2. Zpol

Zpol Member

Good point. In supp's it's usually from soy or sunflower lecithin (bad, bad).

First I would like to state that I think it's misleading in medical journals and articles to use the term phosphatidylcholine interchangeably with lecithin. Why do they do this!?! It really threw me off in researching this issue. When I re-read the article with the thought in mind that lecithin is comprised of 2 parts; a fatty acid portion (which can be PUFA) and a phosphorus portion (which is the PC). I have a whole new understanding. Thanks for pointing this out managing.

That said, I think I will start out with the Mitolipin transdermally just to safe, I don't trust my gut flora.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Oh wow, amazing review! Thanks so much for sharing. If you try on scars and see an effect please share as well.

4. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Why would it raise arachidonic acid? It does not contain any of it and cannot be used as a precursor for it.
    Care to elaborate?

5. managing

managing Member

Add sunburn recovery to Mitolipin's uses. I recently spent an entire day on the beach--an entire day sunset to sunrise as we were camping. Somehow when I applied sunscreen I missed a palm sized patch on the side of my ankle. Fried. I mean totally fried. I've never had such a bad sunburn before. The next morning flexing the ankle made it feel like the skin was tearing. Considerable swelling also around the effected area.

I carefully applied 2 drops of Mitolipin. Repeated that evening and the next morning. Next day the bright red was a deep brown and pain was totally gone. No blistering, no peeling. I've had much less severe sunburns when I was a kid that blistered and peeled entirely.