FacelessMan

@haidut

I have been taking Mitolipin for a few days (topically). I'm prone to migraine headaches with aura (I think I am sensitive to excitatory substances). I havent had an aura migraine in 2 years. Today, I had one. I have also been taking casein protein powder (pure with no additives) for a few weeks, which includes a good amount of glutamine that can convert to glutamate, but I have been offsetting it with glycine powder. It wasn't until adding Mitolipin that this happened. Do you think this choline could have pushed me over the excitatory edge? Lol. Should I reduce Mitolipin dosage, up glycine, or add in an anticholinergic like cyrpo? (Which I have on hand)

Thanks!! BTW Mitolipin is awesome. Makes me super warm! I just ordered more a few days ago...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I have been taking Mitolipin for a few days (topically). I'm prone to migraine headaches with aura (I think I am sensitive to excitatory substances). I havent had an aura migraine in 2 years. Today, I had one. I have also been taking casein protein powder (pure with no additives) for a few weeks, which includes a good amount of glutamine that can convert to glutamate, but I have been offsetting it with glycine powder. It wasn't until adding Mitolipin that this happened. Do you think this choline could have pushed me over the excitatory edge? Lol. Should I reduce Mitolipin dosage, up glycine, or add in an anticholinergic like cyrpo? (Which I have on hand)

Thanks!! BTW Mitolipin is awesome. Makes me super warm! I just ordered more a few days ago...

Thanks for the feedback!
It is possible, but this is the first report I am getting like that. It could also be the vitamin E, as it is known to irritate the gut in some people and cause migraines. But I have not heard of it causing aura. Things that lower glutamate include theanine, biotin, vitamin K, and even taurine. As far as choline, I think niacinamide and glycine would be a good way to counteract it. I would try MitoLipin topically first and then try the other supplements if topical does not remove this side effect.

FacelessMan

T
Thanks for the feedback!
It is possible, but this is the first report I am getting like that. It could also be the vitamin E, as it is known to irritate the gut in some people and cause migraines. But I have not heard of it causing aura. Things that lower glutamate include theanine, biotin, vitamin K, and even taurine. As far as choline, I think niacinamide and glycine would be a good way to counteract it. I would try MitoLipin topically first and then try the other supplements if topical does not remove this side effect.
Thanks. Do you know a good dosage of taurine and theanine to try out for these effects? I have taurine powder, and will most likely buy some theanine today.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
T

Thanks. Do you know a good dosage of taurine and theanine to try out for these effects? I have taurine powder, and will most likely buy some theanine today.

I think 1g of taurine is plenty for everybody and benefits plateau at 1,500mg daily. Theanine is probably good at 200mg daily and you can take more but it becomes expensive as it is not a cheap amino to produce.

katiekeen

Just wanting to report something with my bottle of mitolipin. I have used it very successfully for months now (topically) and find that is lowers my estrogen very nicely. I have one of the bottles with the reduced amount of vitamin E and, like others, I have found that it has a jello-like consistency half way through the bottle. I checked this thread and ran it under hot water and it became liquid again. The thing I am noticing is that it seems less potent than before? Maybe the Vitamin E has been used up and it is mostly the PC (carrier?) I have ordered another bottle anyway to compare. Haidut, do you have any thoughts on this? many thanks :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanting to report something with my bottle of mitolipin. I have used it very successfully for months now (topically) and find that is lowers my estrogen very nicely. I have one of the bottles with the reduced amount of vitamin E and, like others, I have found that it has a jello-like consistency half way through the bottle. I checked this thread and ran it under hot water and it became liquid again. The thing I am noticing is that it seems less potent than before? Maybe the Vitamin E has been used up and it is mostly the PC (carrier?) I have ordered another bottle anyway to compare. Haidut, do you have any thoughts on this? many thanks :)

It is actually the PC that is the active ingredient and vitamin E is the carrier. I don't think it gets less potent with making it liquid again as the PC is sill there. When you say less potent, do you mean effects on measurable things like pulse, temp, digestion, etc or more subjective things like mood and fatigue?

katiekeen

Thanks for your reply Haidut. What I mean by less potent relates to the estrogen lowering effects I observed previously: definitely mood, swelling, less bulky veins on the back of my hands, reduced pain in my breasts.
Previously it was very progesteronic (such a word?) that it stopped my period for around 3 months. This was after using it every day for 2 weeks @40 drops. I have been told that I was much more pleasant to be around during this time lol.
I will persist with the bottle I have and wait for my new one to arrive to test the (subjective) difference. thanks :)

TubZy

I got a bottle of mitolipin with my energin today. I saw a few reports of ppl using it topically on their skin with good results. I don't have too much intention of using it orally (maybe I will) but I just applied some too my face, but man this stuff is thick and hard to wipe of your hands when your done! It feels like it's going to clog pores but it is actually really soft on your skin.

@DaveFoster Did you ever try mitolipin on your hair yet either?

DaveFoster

I got a bottle of mitolipin with my energin today. I saw a few reports of ppl using it topically on their skin with good results. I don't have too much intention of using it orally (maybe I will) but I just applied some too my face, but man this stuff is thick and hard to wipe of your hands when your done! It feels like it's going to clog pores but it is actually really soft on your skin.

@DaveFoster Did you ever try mitolipin on your hair yet either?
I have not; I forgot it existed. Any results, even besides hair?

TubZy

I have not; I forgot it existed. Any results, even besides hair?

I have not tried hair yet, the stuff is sitting on my face now though. It seems very thick though it may take a while to spread on the scalp plus my hair is long too might be a pain to apply. I'm going to give a few days just topically on the face first and see how that does. I got a million supplements right now, I need to start organizing some this stuff lol....

Anyone try this on hair? In theory, it should work to an extent but who knows.

chispas

I have not tried hair yet, the stuff is sitting on my face now though. It seems very thick though it may take a while to spread on the scalp plus my hair is long too might be a pain to apply. I'm going to give a few days just topically on the face first and see how that does. I got a million supplements right now, I need to start organizing some this stuff lol....

Anyone try this on hair? In theory, it should work to an extent but who knows.

If soft hair is what you are looking for, throw a tablespoon of gelatine into some conventional shampoo and BOOM! Volume like the 80s!

images

800mRepeats

I've found that a little bit of coconut/MCT oil applied as a base makes the Mitolipin easier to work with - takes a lot less to get good coverage and is much more pleasant overall.

Katty

I've been taking mitolipin for about 10 days. It seemed to help my lower gut pain. I started with about 4 drops a day and then moved up to 20 drops the last few days before bed- I use about 8 drops rubbed on my gums, and then 12 drops rubbed on skin in various places. I'm not usually a headache person, but I've started getting some headaches. Last night it came on right after I took my mitolipin dose. I would guess it's the Vit E, but I thought that happens only when the E irritates the gut and I'm not swallowing it and only put the 8 drops in my mouth.
Sounds like @haidut isn't going to make a solution with anything lower than 600iu. If you're still taking votes haidut, I'd love to figure out another way to get the PC without the E, or at least with much less E.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been taking mitolipin for about 10 days. It seemed to help my lower gut pain. I started with about 4 drops a day and then moved up to 20 drops the last few days before bed- I use about 8 drops rubbed on my gums, and then 12 drops rubbed on skin in various places. I'm not usually a headache person, but I've started getting some headaches. Last night it came on right after I took my mitolipin dose. I would guess it's the Vit E, but I thought that happens only when the E irritates the gut and I'm not swallowing it and only put the 8 drops in my mouth.
Sounds like @haidut isn't going to make a solution with anything lower than 600iu. If you're still taking votes haidut, I'd love to figure out another way to get the PC without the E, or at least with much less E.

Tocopherols are the only solvent in which the saturated PC will dissolve in sufficient concentrations to make it useful. The vitamin E concentration in MitoLipin is a lot less then Progest-E for example, so even though the Progest-E doses are smaller you end up getting about the same amount of vitamin E if you take a common dose of progesterone like 10mg or the daily dose of MitoLipin.
If anybody knows of a solvent that would work for PC other than tocopherols please share. I tried a few of them and only tocopherols dissolved enough PC to make the supplement practically useful.

Regina

Tocopherols are the only solvent in which the saturated PC will dissolve in sufficient concentrations to make it useful. The vitamin E concentration in MitoLipin is a lot less then Progest-E for example, so even though the Progest-E doses are smaller you end up getting about the same amount of vitamin E if you take a common dose of progesterone like 10mg or the daily dose of MitoLipin.
If anybody knows of a solvent that would work for PC other than tocopherols please share. I tried a few of them and only tocopherols dissolved enough PC to make the supplement practically useful.
Timing question: I apply mitolipin at night. Awesome for skin! But could the PC or vit E be keeping me awake?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Timing question: I apply mitolipin at night. Awesome for skin! But could the PC or vit E be keeping me awake?

Have not heard of such side effect, but if you can try some vitamin E on its own one or two nights in a row it would give more clarity if it is the PC causing this.

TubZy

If soft hair is what you are looking for, throw a tablespoon of gelatine into some conventional shampoo and BOOM! Volume like the 80s!

images

:D:D:D:D

I've found that a little bit of coconut/MCT oil applied as a base makes the Mitolipin easier to work with - takes a lot less to get good coverage and is much more pleasant overall.

I actually tried wetting my hand with a little water before spreading it seems to be easier. Thanks!

Regina

Have not heard of such side effect, but if you can try some vitamin E on its own one or two nights in a row it would give more clarity if it is the PC causing this.
Okay. Thank you. And it reminds me how I'm confusing myself. For example, BCAA/tyrosine too late (early evening). :crazy:

J

jb116

Here is my observation thus far. If I put it on my skin it's a kind of wakeful energy. Ingesting it makes me very calm and relaxed and I sleep like a rock. Hope that helps Regina.

TubZy

Here is my observation thus far. If I put it on my skin it's a kind of wakeful energy. Ingesting it makes me very calm and relaxed and I sleep like a rock. Hope that helps Regina.

Yup, I noticed the same thing last night. I have been applying a decent amount to my face though, maybe too much before bed. It kind of reminds me of the feeling from when I used to take alpha GPC.

I have not tried oral yet so can't compare.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals