satsumass

Forum Supporter
First time caller long time listener....
The past two weeks I have started using a number of haiduts amazing products for a number of health conditions I have simultaneously with learning about their specific effects and benefits. I have long used a topical pregnenolone and occasionally DHEA product but like the pansterone drops better.

For the past few days I haven't been able to sleep well due to severe night sweats....almost like DNP night sweats. I am trying to determine cause and it seems from what I've read it could most likely be mitolipin I take twice daily (270lbs so I take 50-60 drops daily). But I have also been taking anywhere from 5-10 drops of kuinone and 11-kept-DHT.

Would appreciate some thoughts on which supplement might be most responsible for the night sweats. If it is mitolipin would taking all in a single dose in morning help, or should I simply stop for a few days....does it have a "half life" per se ? I also take 2 grains NDT and while I don't feel especially hot during the day when I am not exerting myself, perhaps some of the supplements are potentiating thyroid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sleep apnea (relatively well treated) but the poor sleep due to night sweats is killing me. I should note I fall asleep like a rock the minute I get into bed....

satsumass

Forum Supporter
Mitolipin plus LLLT: anyone have any thoughts on what sort of synergies or non synergies I'd expect with using mitolipin on areas of excessive fat then using LLLT (just an infrared LED light array) for say 30 minutes or so on various parts of my gut?

encerent

First time caller long time listener....
The past two weeks I have started using a number of haiduts amazing products for a number of health conditions I have simultaneously with learning about their specific effects and benefits. I have long used a topical pregnenolone and occasionally DHEA product but like the pansterone drops better.

For the past few days I haven't been able to sleep well due to severe night sweats....almost like DNP night sweats. I am trying to determine cause and it seems from what I've read it could most likely be mitolipin I take twice daily (270lbs so I take 50-60 drops daily). But I have also been taking anywhere from 5-10 drops of kuinone and 11-kept-DHT.

Would appreciate some thoughts on which supplement might be most responsible for the night sweats. If it is mitolipin would taking all in a single dose in morning help, or should I simply stop for a few days....does it have a "half life" per se ? I also take 2 grains NDT and while I don't feel especially hot during the day when I am not exerting myself, perhaps some of the supplements are potentiating thyroid?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sleep apnea (relatively well treated) but the poor sleep due to night sweats is killing me. I should note I fall asleep like a rock the minute I get into bed....

5-10 drops of KETO-DHT seems pretty high and could be the problem. People in that thread have reported that it keeps them awake.

I use mitolipin topically at night and it hasn't given me night sweats or otherwise affected my sleep.

How are you treating your sleep apnea, btw? CPAP?

Katty

@haidut
Up-thread a few people mentioned that Mitolipin seemed to open up sinuses. Haidut mentioned that effect was likely from an increase in CO2. So if someone is taking acetazolamide, should they avoid Mitolipin? Could too much CO2 be a risk for kidney stones, etc?

tara

I also take 2 grains NDT and while I don't feel especially hot during the day when I am not exerting myself, perhaps some of the supplements are potentiating thyroid?
Assessing this with a thermometer would be more objective. Feeling hot means you are above your body's current temp set point. It doesn't say where the set point is. If you are supplementing thyroid, I think it s wise to check this from time to time to help assess if the dosage is appropriate - dosage needs can change over time and with seasons.

Others know more about the effects of those other supplementns, but I'll just throw in the old food/blood sugar angle. If you are using tactics that increase your metabolism, you can burn through fuel faster. One way to get night sweats is by running blood sugar low and having stress hormones spike to get them back up again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have sleep apnea (relatively well treated) but the poor sleep due to night sweats is killing me.
Are you breathing through the nose at night? If not, have you tried a chin strap or tape to mechanically help keep the mouth shut?

Amazigh

MitoLipin has, by far, been one of the best solutions I have tried, hands down. I've been taking it transdermally for about a month now, and here is a list of symptoms that have improved/resolved since then:

- No more breathlessness when talking while walking, or going up a flight of stairs
- No more muscle weakness in my legs I felt when walking even short distances, trying to walk fast/run/go up stairs
- SIBO finally gone for good
- Able to tolerate cow's milk much better, can eat tomato, chiles, starch, misc restaurant food (no more painful bloating, GERD, + diarrhea)
- GERD.... the gulps of acid washing up my throat would wake me several times at night - I was popping Pepto tablets like candy
- Facial puffiness went away, including most of the puffiness over my eyes
- I looked like I had aged in the last 3 years - the effect is reversing and I actually look a few years younger
- No more light sleep or insomnia - sleeping like a rock
- Lost 5 lbs doing absolutely nothing - visible fat loss around my mid section
- Mental fog, memory and cognitive issues gone
- No more long, heavy period (needed two gigantic "ultra" sized tampons at night - period lasted anywhere from 6 days to 2 weeks)
- Sex drive is up - yeay!
- Fibroid is not bothering me anymore
- Don't need to take as much thyroid to keep my temps/pulse up

@haidut, this is awesome. Will be getting more. Apparently, cardiolipin is a huge factor for me.

Amazigh

Great update. 20 drops per day? I been doing orally, does kinda of smell of fish to me.

I have been taking 40. I'm going to try taking 20 transdermally and 20 by mouth in a capsule. And yeah, it stinks when you first put it on, but once it gets absorbed, the smell goes away.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
MitoLipin has, by far, been one of the best solutions I have tried, hands down. I've been taking it transdermally for about a month now, and here is a list of symptoms that have improved/resolved since then:

- No more breathlessness when talking while walking, or going up a flight of stairs
- No more muscle weakness in my legs I felt when walking even short distances, trying to walk fast/run/go up stairs
- Able to tolerate cow's milk much better, can eat tomato, chiles, starch, misc restaurant food (no more painful bloating, GERD, + diarrhea)
- GERD.... the gulps of acid washing up my throat would wake me several times at night - I was popping Pepto tablets like candy
- I looked like I had aged in the last 3 years - the effect is reversing and I actually look a few years younger
- No more long, heavy period (needed two gigantic "ultra" sized tampons at night - period lasted anywhere from 6 days to 2 weeks)

@haidut, this is awesome. Will be getting more. Apparently, cardiolipin is a huge factor for me.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Parsifal

I think I have bile malabsorption and/or a problem with my vagus nerve, everything I take something cholinergic or that stimulates bile flow I will get dyspnea, anxiety and scorching stools, particularly mitolipin even in small doses. Is that normal?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think I have bile malabsorption and/or a problem with my vagus nerve, everything I take something cholinergic or that stimulates bile flow I will get dyspnea, anxiety and scorching stools, particularly mitolipin even in small doses. Is that normal?

I don't know if it is normal but this is the first report I get about MitoLipin producing such effects. Gut irritation is certainly possible as some people reported in other threads on vitamin E.

Pointless

Well that's a glowing review. Last night I decided to eat a bottle of frozen apple juice concentrate. It resolved my chronically low temp, but I got bloating and gas from both ends. Inspires by your post, I decided to try 40 drops of MitoLipin topically, and the gas went away. I slept like a baby all night and woke up with higher than normal temps.

Thanks for your report. I didn't know MitoLipin could help with digestive issues. I'm going to keep using it to see if water retention will resolve.

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried vitamin E by itself? What dose and application .method? Did it help with some of the symptoms you saw resolve with MitoLipin?

800mRepeats

So, I've just re-read this entire thread trying to figure out how much vitamin E is currently in Mitolipin ... I still have no idea.

Appears it was initially 600IU in a 40-drop dose.
Then, the E was reduced; but, by too much - so the PC precipitated out.
Appears the E may have been increased after that. The last reference I can find is on page 11 - "I think we may not be able to lower the vitamin E content below 30%" (Even if it's 30%, I don't know how many IU or mg that would be.)

@haidut - How much vitamin E is in the current version of Mitolipin? Please and thank you.

yohoho

@roguesandy, I have been suffering from terrible lung issues (bronchitis and then pneumonia twice within 1 year) and just tried cardiolipin based on your post yesterday. I had desperately been searching and trying anything that could help and only after hours did I come upon your post. I had been continuously having feelings like I was drowning, extreme fatigue, flank pain and it has almost completely resolved within 12 hours (to be fair, I did this very unscientifically because I was so desperate and also have tried T3 at the same time). I was wondering if we could compare histories to see if we can identify some factors that might make cardiolipin so essential for us. Perhaps even in a private message, if you don't want to share overly personal information.

I will be sure to update once I have more experience and time with cardiolipin to see if the improvement in my symptoms lasts.

EDIT: Interestingly, this study finds a correlation of elevated levels of cardiolipin in patients with severe pneumonia, but I wonder if this is unsaturated cardiolipin? Having saturated cardiolipin in the lungs could understandably be very helpful in pulmonary obstruction as it serves as a lung surfactant. Unstable unsaturated cardiolipin may have been decomposing too quickly to protect my lungs and a feedback loop could hypothetically causing more unsaturated cardiolipin to accumulate in the lungs.
Dynamic regulation of cardiolipin by the lipid pump, ATP8b1, determines the severity of lung injury in experimental bacterial pneumonia

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, I've just re-read this entire thread trying to figure out how much vitamin E is currently in Mitolipin ... I still have no idea.

Appears it was initially 600IU in a 40-drop dose.
Then, the E was reduced; but, by too much - so the PC precipitated out.
Appears the E may have been increased after that. The last reference I can find is on page 11 - "I think we may not be able to lower the vitamin E content below 30%" (Even if it's 30%, I don't know how many IU or mg that would be.)

@haidut - How much vitamin E is in the current version of Mitolipin? Please and thank you.

It's back to 600 IU per 40-drop dose. Anything less, and the PC precipitates and even solidifies since it is fully saturated.

800mRepeats

It's back to 600 IU per 40-drop dose. Anything less, and the PC precipitates and even solidifies since it is fully saturated.

Thank you! I'm starting to run low, thinking about picking up another bottle. I've been using just 10 drops per day lately, not wanting to overdo the vitamin E.

And, it does seem that some of the PC has precipitated out - at least that's what I'm assuming the small "clumps" are. (I'm pretty sure this is one of the 600 IU batches.) I've been warming the bottle in hot water and shaking it to at least disperse the clumps before taking it.

mangoes

Does anyone else get bad stomach cramps/diarrhoea when they take Mitolipin orally? I don't have a problem using it topically but every time I swallow some I get bad cramps. Any idea why?

Pointless

Does anyone else get bad stomach cramps/diarrhoea when they take Mitolipin orally? I don't have a problem using it topically but every time I swallow some I get bad cramps. Any idea why?

Sounds like vitamin E.

Regina

Ooo, but don't you like it for your skin? This one (of Haidut's) I use topically.

mangoes

Sounds like vitamin E.

Oh, I never realised vitamin E could have been the culprit. Thanks @Pointless :)

Ooo, but don't you like it for your skin? This one (of Haidut's) I use topically.

Yeah I do, but after reading the glowing review about getting rid of reflux and sibo, & helping digestion I figured I'd try to use it orally again in hopes of getting the same effects :)

I just saw this post. That's interesting. I don't get the anxiety or racing heart but definitely the scorching. I do also get really hot flushes when the cramps come on. I've wondered about vague nerve problems myself due to silent reflux & a really sensitive and sometimes painful gag reflex, but I haven't looked much into bile malapsorption.