Mitigating effects of wildfire smoke inhalation

I am a wildland firefighter and it has already been a busy season here in Colorado (fixing on getting busier).

We don't wear SCBA's on the fire line for obvious reasons, so we tend to inhale a lot of smoke. The best we can do is put a bandanna over our face if the smoke gets bad enough.

My question: Are their any foods/supplements anyone would recommend to help minimize the damage to the lungs? I have to do conditioning work (nature of my job) and I would like to think that could help with lung health a bit.

Any other thoughts or ideas? Thanks, everyone.

P

Peatness

Note: I'm not suggesting lung cancer is a risk. These are suggestions for lung cancer treatment by Ray. They might prove helpful for general lung health. I would add vitamin E (tocovit) to the list.

Lung cancer cells produce increased amounts of some things that promote abnormal growth, and some of these can be inhibited by common harmless materials. The effects of adenosine and (leaked) ATP are inhibited by caffeine, prostaglandins are inhibited by aspirin and pregnenolone, estrogen by progesterone, aromatase inhibitors, orange juice and cooked mushrooms, histamine and serotonin by antihistamines, cyproheptadine, nitric oxide by tetracycline, progesterone, agmatine, etc. Emodin, in cascara, blocks various things in lung cancer, and its laxative effect helps to lower nitric oxide, histamine, and serotonin." Dr. Ray Peat

OP
UphillEndeavors
Note: I'm not suggesting lung cancer is a risk. These are suggestions for lung cancer treatment by Ray. They might prove helpful for general lung health. I would add vitamin E (tocovit) to the list.

Lung cancer cells produce increased amounts of some things that promote abnormal growth, and some of these can be inhibited by common harmless materials. The effects of adenosine and (leaked) ATP are inhibited by caffeine, prostaglandins are inhibited by aspirin and pregnenolone, estrogen by progesterone, aromatase inhibitors, orange juice and cooked mushrooms, histamine and serotonin by antihistamines, cyproheptadine, nitric oxide by tetracycline, progesterone, agmatine, etc. Emodin, in cascara, blocks various things in lung cancer, and its laxative effect helps to lower nitric oxide, histamine, and serotonin." Dr. Ray Peat

Awesome, thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals