Mitigate The Effects Of Alcohol?

thegiantess

I am just wondering if anyone has a supplement/food regimen that would prepare them for a few days of causal social drinking? I am going out of town for the weekend and generally don't drink because I simply don't have the time to feel badly the next day. However I will be going to lunches and dinners and whatnot that will involve moderate drinking. Any ideas? My general thoughts are liver support, but not sure about the combo.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

I am just wondering if anyone has a supplement/food regimen that would prepare them for a few days of causal social drinking? I am going out of town for the weekend and generally don't drink because I simply don't have the time to feel badly the next day. However I will be going to lunches and dinners and whatnot that will involve moderate drinking. Any ideas? My general thoughts are liver support, but not sure about the combo.

I should add that I am looking to mitigate the damaging effects, not the drunkenness effects ;) If I recall correctly Pantethine is precursor to Co enzyme A, which would convert Acetylhyde. Anyone know if I'm remembering this correctly?

Lightbringer

I guess the type of alcohol would matter too - i find vodka drinks to be tolerable. Activated charcoal, more vit-c (Diluted OJ), coffee and carrots all help.

M

marikay

I think niacinamide is the stuff to take to mitigate the bad effects of alcohol. It was mentioned somewhere around her a year or two ago.

T

tobieagle

A bit of T3 before drinking.

Aspirin before, during and after :)

Peata

Maybe vitamin E to counter the estrogenic effect of alcohol? Taurine, B vitamins, with extra B1.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

bobbybobbob

For me the big thing is to stop drinking early in the evening. Get tanked at lunch, not at night. Being tipsy or drunk late in the evening screws up sleep and the circadian rhythm for a couple days. If I'm totally sober by 10PM I'm always completely fine the next day, no matter how much consumed.

Ulla

I took an aspirin 500mg, drank black coffee and had some fruit in the morning and almost felt as a brand new. I woke up in not a very good condition.

Drank three whiskeys, three gintonics and eating pizza. Good bachelor party :) and I think that morning combo saved a whole weekend memories...party good,morning after good.

TeslaFan

Before going to bed I take charcoal. This is to prevent hangover in the morning caused by acetaldehyde, and other toxins, that liver makes for hours after drinking. The next day, I supplement magnesium, as it is rapidly lost with drinking. This helps me avoid the stiff neck and/or leg cramps the next day.

I would avoid any drugs, including Aspirin, and any blood thinners, such as Vitamin E, as alcohol already thins blood.

OP
thegiantess

thegiantess

Great ideas, y'all! Why have I never thought of the charcoal thing?? Duh.

tara

Mull the wine for a while with raisins and spices, and cook off most off the alcohol?
Leave the alcohol in the bottle and drink orange julius?
:)

RohnJose

Georgi said in an interview recently that he goes hard on aromatase inhibitors before drinking. He mentioned taking pregnenelone beforehand so if you have that handy it would be good.

I also do high dose magnesium bicarbonate before bed and that seems to help quite a bit. Fructose would be another great tool - a good amount of OJ at night and again in the morning.