MIT researchers 'infiltrated' a Covid skeptics community a few months ago and found that skeptics place a high premium on data analysis and empiricism

I love seeing this because there is a myth(or propaganda) that says people who question "science" are uneducated or don't understand the subject. What this article is really saying is that skeptics understood the science just fine and that is a problem because "Scientific Consensus" has nothing to do with the actual science and it loses it's power over people when they know the actual science for themselves. And the use of the terms "Orthodox" and "Unorthodox" is fitting because "Scientific Consensus" is a religion and you are not allowed to question it's doctrines.

cjm

It should be made clear that skeptics are not lunatics, but are simply part of the many, fighting the few that seek to oppress and enslave them.

Thanks for posting this. I'm finding myself embattled and compiling information more to make myself feel better about things. I'm not the one who's crazy. I haven't engaged my liberal friends about this, though they know I am holding out. My girlfriend has been vaccinated but I am comforted that she is not pressuring me. I went on facebook today to satisfy my morbid curiosity about the state of the Woke and an otherwise intelligent dude I know who is also a fantastic drummer was bandying the term "anti-vaxxer" around. In a debate, this MIT study would be great fodder, but it's not about facts with these people. No one has come to me with their concerns but it's going to get weird during the summer when everyone starts to try to get together. I've already been pseudo-uninvited from an annual canoe trip I helped start nearly 15 years ago because only vaccinated people are allowed on the trip, according to the current organizer. There's so many logical fallacies in their arguments, this being a huge one: why are the vaccinated scared of me the unvaccinated? So it's not facts that I'm using with them if I choose to engage again but I like to be sure of myself. I'm convinced at minimum that there is reason for trepidation when considering getting the one of the jabs, although from reports on this forum and from research I've done, a lot of which came from David E Martin in the second part of the Plandemic doc with Judy Mikovits, this is looking to be a conspiracy. Yeah, I said it.

Haidut posted another MIT study, doesn't appear to be the same one: MIT Study: Social distancing, occupancy limits likely useless

Jon2547

Notice the particular use of words within the first sentence: "'infiltrated' a Covid skeptics community"

Is this choice of wording meant to convey a mental picture of the group? By using the word Infiltrated it makes the skeptics group seem like a dark and shadowy organization, like a terrorist group.

Notice the particular use of words within the first sentence: "'infiltrated' a Covid skeptics community"

Is this choice of wording meant to convey a mental picture of the group? By using the word Infiltrated it makes the skeptics group seem like a dark and shadowy organization, like a terrorist group.

Sounds more like they're LARP-ing for themselves that they did something really 'cool' and 'undercover'. Probably thought they were James Bond.

Missenger

It makes them sound retarded since they do the same ***t to anyone they consider an enemy to their bull****.

Oleg

Absolutely correct. This is what msm is employing since doctor Geobbels

DrJ

Holy crap. The lack of introspection of the authors is incredible. They basically say in a lot more words that although these people are analyzing the data on their own in an open and transparent way and sharing their work with others for critiques, they are coming to incorrect conclusions (as determined by the institutional experts). Therefore we need to look at how to educate these people so that they come to the expert-approved conclusions. Wtf. If this is the drivel MIT is producing, shut it down. the authoritarian level is beyond disturbing.

LucyL

Holy crap. The lack of introspection of the authors is incredible. They basically say in a lot more words that although these people are analyzing the data on their own in an open and transparent way and sharing their work with others for critiques, they are coming to incorrect conclusions (as determined by the institutional experts). Therefore we need to look at how to educate these people so that they come to the expert-approved conclusions. Wtf. If this is the drivel MIT is producing, shut it down. the authoritarian level is beyond disturbing.
Spot on. It's all right here:
Qualitative analysis of anti-mask groups gives us an interactional view of how these groups leverage the language of scientific rigor—being critical about data sources, explicitly stating analytical limitations of specific models, and more—in order to support ending public health restrictions despite the consensus of the scientific establishment.
The anti-science idea that science can have a consensus undermines any credibility they try to put on. And just in case they come to this board and read our "alternative narratives" of their "research", I must point out the great irony of a grammatical error in their own rant on literacy:
As a consequence of such contingencies, these scholars view literacy as multiple rather than singular, attending to the impact of local circumstances on they way members of any given community practice literacy and construe its value [2].
1627658165915.png

Back
Top Bottom