Misformed Thumb Nail Indicative Of Health Status?

Spartan300

See pic but since I've been experiencing heath issues my right thumbnail has malformed with lateral ridges.

Lately my appetite digestion and sleep is somewhat improved by dropping all supplements and dairy.

The reason for my post is that there has been a period where my nail growth became normal again (can be seen in the pic) before another ridge appeared, just emerging at the base of the nail.

The thing that coincides perfectly with the normalised growth was one drop of Pansterone daily. (More so than dropping other supplements)

Any thoughts as to what this would indicate?

Attachments

• 20190520_165321.jpg
    20190520_165321.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 30

meatbag

I remember reading once that some believe things like this are caused by zinc deficiency. I don't know how reliable that info is though so take it as you will, but I guess if you don't get much zinc it might be worth considering.

Last edited:
OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

I have tried supplementing zinc & iron status was fine on blood tests

SQu

I had years of that, much more pronouced, huge ridges and troughs , awkward to live with, looked weird too. Mostly on right thumb, then left, then forefingers and pinkies. Even toes a bit. They are called beau's lines. They gradually lessened while peating. I think low carb caused them. They are almost gone now. I will sometimes get something like what you show in the pic. I could never even find pics online of any as bad as I had. Sometimes I could trace it to a low energy couple of weeks, but it wasn't completely correlated. My understanding is that they are signs of low metabolism, and I can't tell you what exactly has helped - everything peat, since 2013, but only in the last year or two have they improved. I would think most likely is the thyroid and progesterone that I take constantly. I think extremities are going to take the energy knock the most, those and the brain. That's how I understand it. I have weak nails too and I think that's also a sign.

taralynne

See pic but since I've been experiencing heath issues my right thumbnail has malformed with lateral ridges.

Lately my appetite digestion and sleep is somewhat improved by dropping all supplements and dairy.

The reason for my post is that there has been a period where my nail growth became normal again (can be seen in the pic) before another ridge appeared, just emerging at the base of the nail.

The thing that coincides perfectly with the normalised growth was one drop of Pansterone daily. (More so than dropping other supplements)

Any thoughts as to what this would indicate?
Beau's lines for sure. I have the same thing. I used to have it on both thumb nails but on one it has healed completely and on the other one the lateral ridges are much less pronounced now. Mine also seem to be getting better with peating. Hoping one day it will be completely gone.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Thanks folks, definitely seems to correlate to times of poor metabolism.
Good to hear others have seen similar and things have improved.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals