"Miracle Morning" - A Pro Metabolic Book

lindsay

I've tried the whole getting out of bed at 6 a.m. thing and, well, the question is, would this work from a 7 to 9 a.m. time frame? :P I'm self employed, so I can work with those hours.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I've tried the whole getting out of bed at 6 a.m. thing and, well, the question is, would this work from a 7 to 9 a.m. time frame? :p I'm self employed, so I can work with those hours.

Hal even says the Life S.A.V.E.R.S. are not rules but more like guidelines. The book is simply giving people ideas and make sense of his information based on how they perceive or interpret his thoughts.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

That is awesome!

I just got the book and I'm reading it now.

I can't help but wonder if you've seen improvements with your frequent urination struggles.

I also have that issue and it has been plaguing me for a few years now

My urination has not changed ; however, over this past week I lifted 4x, played soccer 20-30 minutes daily, and stretched daily. The week before I could not work out more than 1x a week without having sleep issues. Its hard to explain how I got to this point without reading the book.

firebreather

My urination has not changed ; however, over this past week I lifted 4x, played soccer 20-30 minutes daily, and stretched daily. The week before I could not work out more than 1x a week without having sleep issues. Its hard to explain how I got to this point without reading the book.

I think that is fantastic, thanks so much for recommending it

bodacious

I'm halfway through the book and so far I'm not blown away.

This book is mostly motivational speaker stuff, which doesn't really work on most Scots.

While I do appreciate what the author is trying to inspire in people, the "Do you want to be more successful than you've ever been?" rhetoric is tedious. He literally compares waking up on an average morning (using his method), to the excitement one feels as a child getting up on Christmas day.

I'm a proponent of mindfulness and journalling, both are prescribed here. However, the idea of sleeping 2 hours less per night to do it makes me sceptical that his followers are running on adrenaline more than anything else—just like I was when I first started VLC.

For now it's not in the Tim Ferris bin, but it is on the Wim Hof (Not sure about this) shelf.

TheHound

I enjoyed it. getting up just an hour earlier than normal is such a simple thing but seems so beneficial. taking that hour to start your day in a productive, free from rushing manner is a great way to reduce stress. I highly recommend everyone combine this book with psycho cybernetics

TheHound

and I strongly believe that too many people here are focusing too highly on their diet and supplements while failing to address their lifestyle, self image and thought patterns which can have a massive influence

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I'm halfway through the book and so far I'm not blown away.

This book is mostly motivational speaker stuff, which doesn't really work on most Scots.

While I do appreciate what the author is trying to inspire in people, the "Do you want to be more successful than you've ever been?" rhetoric is tedious. He literally compares waking up on an average morning (using his method), to the excitement one feels as a child getting up on Christmas day.

I'm a proponent of mindfulness and journalling, both are prescribed here. However, the idea of sleeping 2 hours less per night to do it makes me sceptical that his followers are running on adrenaline more than anything else—just like I was when I first started VLC.

For now it's not in the Tim Ferris bin, but it is on the Wim Hof (Not sure about this) shelf.

As I said this book is not for everybody, but I will say the premise of the book is not to sleep less and run on adrenaline. It reminded me that life is a gift and that I was perceiving the outlook on life a little misguided from how I could have been viewing life. Not sure if you read the book cover to cover, but Hal is sharing his story and things he's found that inspired him to be better. Many people may find that they share similar experiences in their lives.

The idea of waking up a little bit earlier is not intended to loose or skip sleep...but it teaches us on how to find ways to be excited about waking up in the morning because we know there are positive habits we can discover that can bring about a positive mindset for life in general. I use to only think about making sure I slept enough at night to recover from the day and sometimes that meant skipping out on some of the beauties of life; now I think about enjoying my day and sleep will happen naturally when my body needs it.

As far as your quote, 2 other acquaintences have both reported the excitement of waking up as they did for Xmas morning after reading this book; so as I said this book may not be for everybody, but I do not think its misguided information for many people.

Drareg

I recently read the book below:

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM): Hal Elrod: 9780979019715: Amazon.com: Books

Its 120 pages and I read it in 1 day. After reading this book my temp and pulse were the highest they have been all winter and energy/sleep quality changed instantly. After Danny and Haidut's conversation on Authoritarian environments being the most detrimental for the metabolism, I read this book and everything finally made sense. I won't go into many details as this book will send different messages to different people; I will say that it brought me out of some deep and dark emotions.

Hope some people can find this book to enrich their lives as it did for me!

I'm not sure one week is a great test , you may have corrected your body clock perhaps ,or what Bodacious is implying. Surely the beauty of life can found at any period in the day?

He starts the book with, I was Mr successful etc, all of sudden life changing incident etc, depressed, came back with this idea. It does smack of classic hook,line and sinker.Is there evidence for his accident?
He also have several of these books aimed at different professions.

I have seen a rise of these motivational dudes (mainly men )since the global recession- I'm going to tell you about success and how to succeed ,they have succeeded by talking success.
He is reinforcing what they already know, it feels good to be there/read. It's like entertainment.
At what point does he talk about the socioeconomic status and the inner workings of the financial system,fractional reserve banking and the misery it is causing billions worldwide? This system is tied into everything in particular your, "dreams".
Hey I want to wake up early but that 12 hour day in a sweat shop is killing me ,or scrubbing dishes in a restaurant somewhere 12 hours a day,or my negative equity mortgage require to work more hours etc this is 2016 , Baby Boomer feel good philosophy doesn't hit well , people are working their asses off starting at 5am and going till late and not getting anywhere.

He seems clever by giving the strong implication that it's not about the cliche money success but doing what you personally want with life , let's ignore the fact you can't get money or any form of loan to start it, but wait their is still a chance, as the hip hop preacher says," sleep ,sleep is for those people who are broke ,I don't want to sleep cause I got opportunity to be successfull", feel good delivered with passion,platitude after platitude.
"You got a want it more than you want to breath", non sequitur for obvious reasons.
But the success gurus know this already,they just want your money which is your financial success which becomes their financial success. Vampires of financial success they are.

Is there a part in this book where he asks you to promote the book elsewhere for him? Have you paid more money for his online course?

Either way I'm glad it helped you ,just want to comment for balance.
"As a Man Thinketh" , is free on Amazon. 50 pages long. Worth a look at if you need inspiration.
Have you read Ray Peats Mind and Tissue?

Last edited:

bobbybobbob

have you read psycho-cybernetics?

I have. It's profoundly stupid. As an American I would suggest ignoring anything that smells like "self help" written by Americans or targeted to an American audience. This is a recommendation I'd back-date way over 100 years. There are garbage American self help books from the 1880s.

If it smells like self help and people haven't been referencing it for over 200 years, be extremely suspicious.

EDIT: I would also add that what I'll call the "secular German Jewish stuff" from the early 20th century that gained huge currency mostly via American audiences is mostly quite bad. Freud, Bernays, Wilhelm Reich, etc. these folks have been proved wrong or blatantly fraudulent on most of the important things they claimed.

I'm sure a lot of people won't like this, but the religious writers are the place to turn for guidance. Even if you're an atheist. Not the bible (koran/tora/talmud/vedas), which are mostly just boring, but the proven writers and thinkers steeped in faith. Aquinas, Merton, et al.

Last edited:
OP
Velve921

Velve921

I'm not sure one week is a great test , you may have corrected your body clock perhaps ,or what Bodacious is implying. Surely the beauty of life can found at any period in the day?

He starts the book with, I was Mr successful etc, all of sudden life changing incident etc, depressed, came back with this idea. It does smack of classic hook,line and sinker.Is there evidence for his accident?
He also have several of these books aimed at different professions.

I have seen a rise of these motivational dudes (mainly men )since the global recession- I'm going to tell you about success and how to succeed ,they have succeeded by talking success.
He is reinforcing what they already know, it feels good to be there/read. It's like entertainment.
At what point does he talk about the socioeconomic status and the inner workings of the financial system,fractional reserve banking and the misery it is causing billions worldwide? This system is tied into everything in particular your, "dreams".
Hey I want to wake up early but that 12 hour day in a sweat shop is killing me ,or scrubbing dishes in a restaurant somewhere 12 hours a day,or my negative equity mortgage require to work more hours etc this is 2016 , Baby Boomer feel good philosophy doesn't hit well , people are working their asses off starting at 5am and going till late and not getting anywhere.

He seems clever by giving the strong implication that it's not about the cliche money success but doing what you personally want with life , let's ignore the fact you can't get money or any form of loan to start it, but wait their is still a chance, as the hip hop preacher says," sleep ,sleep is for those people who are broke ,I don't want to sleep cause I got opportunity to be successfull", feel good delivered with passion,platitude after platitude.
"You got a want it more than you want to breath", non sequitur for obvious reasons.
But the success gurus know this already,they just want your money which is your financial success which becomes their financial success. Vampires of financial success they are.

Is there a part in this book where he asks you to promote the book elsewhere for him? Have you paid more money for his online course?

Either way I'm glad it helped you ,just want to comment for balance.
"As a Man Thinketh" , is free on Amazon. 50 pages long. Worth a look at if you need inspiration.
Have you read Ray Peats Mind and Tissue?

Totally get where you're coming from...as I said this book may not be for everybody. And do not mistake me for saying this book is the answer to everyones problems; I have seen the results over 1 week and frankly I dont care if there is truth in the book of his accidents or not. Many people say Carlos Mencia steals peoples jokes for his own comedy act; I went and saw him live and I did not care because I still found funny. I found large benefits from this book and many other people have as well. I am always weary of self help books as many people; however, sometimes people may need positive affirmations more often than hearing negative affirmations. I am always looking to learn new ways of thinking in how I can perceive life and feel as best as possible. I read Hal's book and it made me rethink so many things; maybe if I read another book that said the same things I would be preaching that book instead.

For all those who end up reading Hal's book and are unhappy with his words, my sincere apologies as the last thing I want to do is misguide anyone on how to find answers.

Thank you for your recommendations for inspiration and Ray Peats Mind and Tissue! I will check those out.

Drareg

Totally get where you're coming from...as I said this book may not be for everybody. And do not mistake me for saying this book is the answer to everyones problems; I have seen the results over 1 week and frankly I dont care if there is truth in the book of his accidents or not. Many people say Carlos Mencia steals peoples jokes for his own comedy act; I went and saw him live and I did not care because I still found funny. I found large benefits from this book and many other people have as well. I am always weary of self help books as many people; however, sometimes people may need positive affirmations more often than hearing negative affirmations. I am always looking to learn new ways of thinking in how I can perceive life and feel as best as possible. I read Hal's book and it made me rethink so many things; maybe if I read another book that said the same things I would be preaching that book instead.

For all those who end up reading Hal's book and are unhappy with his words, my sincere apologies as the last thing I want to do is misguide anyone on how to find answers.

Thank you for your recommendations for inspiration and Ray Peats Mind and Tissue! I will check those out.

No need to apologise ,it strikes up interesting discussion.

I just think guys like this frame the context and then preach, he implies to you one of the many cliche pop culture personas is what's desired. Personally I think people are better than this guy and others like him,the rest of the world is in turmoil while guys like this talk about success being a 6 bedroom house ,sports cars ,fame,we know where these characters take us in leadership roles, some people can't get clean drinking water in many parts of the world right now.

It's not the answer we should look for but the question ,you are the answer. The missing information should inspire us, a completed jigsaw is nice to look at but that's all that's left. If you knew for certain that there is only death in this body and conciousness goes on,how would you live ? (I read that somewhere)

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I see what you are saying, but when I read the book he did not inspire me to strive for money, house, cars, etc... Or what people may term as success...he taught me to look at life as a glass half full rather than half empty. To enjoy life for the beauty of what it can offer. After reading the book, I've spent way less time focusing on work and more on myself and finding things that makes me happy. Hal taught me that I am the "answer" to the questions I'm looking for. So maybe this just shows where you and i are on different paths or visions.

There are many people who write books as you say that could be considered success gurus of some sort...but that doesn't mean there are things we cannot take away from everybody.

I'm 29 years old and I'm now more excited to be alive in my entire life after finding things from Hal's words that inspired me to perceive life differently.

David PS

The author is on youtube (1 hour and 22 minutes of Hal's perspective)

Drareg

I see what you are saying, but when I read the book he did not inspire me to strive for money, house, cars, etc... Or what people may term as success...he taught me to look at life as a glass half full rather than half empty. To enjoy life for the beauty of what it can offer. After reading the book, I've spent way less time focusing on work and more on myself and finding things that makes me happy. Hal taught me that I am the "answer" to the questions I'm looking for. So maybe this just shows where you and i are on different paths or visions.

There are many people who write books as you say that could be considered success gurus of some sort...but that doesn't mean there are things we cannot take away from everybody.

I'm 29 years old and I'm now more excited to be alive in my entire life after finding things from Hal's words that inspired me to perceive life differently.

Yes I agree ,we can always get something from anything, take the good with the bad. I would highly recommend Ray Peat still though,the most impressive grasp of reality I have read yet imo.
Mae Wan Ho has great ideas also.

The fact is,the glass half full is still half empty. You can still enjoy a half empty glass Imo.

I hope Hal doesn't take more than he gives.

BobbyDukes

I read the 1 book one week ago, I've been doing many of the practices naturally before the book; however, I'm emphasizing silence, reading and creativity more than I ever have! The book more so changed my mindset on life itself; many people will find the life S.A.V.E.R.S. in the morning to be the most helpful. I now simply understand that to be happy in life you have to work at but also understand you only live once! Hal puts in perspective that it makes no sense to feel sorry for yourself while your trying to feel better; I knew I was suffering....but I was making myself feel worse because I said repeatedly I was unhappy and suffering.

My Personal Morning Routine:

6:00am – Wake Up – Set alarm across the room so I have to hope out of bed

6:02am – Coffee, gelatin, milk, sugar, coconut oil, salt + soothing music + red light therapy

6:05am – Stretch + juggling a soccer ball in my kitchen

-stretching warms up the mind as cellular energy is increased

-soccer ball inspires creativity and playfulness

6:20am – Epsom salt bath + reading + scribing

6:40am – Shower + Pump up music for the day – visualize all the great things in life with my favorite songs to set my mind for the day

6:50am – Recite a few quotes of positive affirmations for the day

7:00am – Pack lunch for the day and off to work.

Everyone's routine should be different..but use the guidelines of Hal's life S.A.V.E.R.S to find what works for you.

Wow. You must rise and shine like nothing else. A cup of coffee, with all those additions to your coffee, and you are sat down sipping it, in two minutes?! In comparison, I am a bumbling buffoon first thing in the morning. Stumbling, and moaning to myself about how much I hate getting up. I do like the idea of this red light first thing, though.

That is crazy impressive you can do all of that in an hour. I think you would laugh at me, if we split the screen in two, you doing all of that on the left, and me, barely moving and snoring on the right.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Wow. You must rise and shine like nothing else. A cup of coffee, with all those additions to your coffee, and you are sat down sipping it, in two minutes?! In comparison, I am a bumbling buffoon first thing in the morning. Stumbling, and moaning to myself about how much I hate getting up. I do like the idea of this red light first thing, though.

That is crazy impressive you can do all of that in an hour. I think you would laugh at me, if we split the screen in two, you doing all of that on the left, and me, barely moving and snoring on the right.

Ok...well it could be a little bit longer than 2 minutes haha I do not think getting up early is essential for everyone...I've personally found a routine that works for me. Some days it could be less as I choose to sleep in from time to time. Some mornings I do not feel the need for red light; some mornings I do ELDOA exercises if need be.

I use to hate getting up in the morning; now I welcome the morning regardless if I sleep well or not.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Yes I agree ,we can always get something from anything, take the good with the bad. I would highly recommend Ray Peat still though,the most impressive grasp of reality I have read yet imo.
Mae Wan Ho has great ideas also.

The fact is,the glass half full is still half empty. You can still enjoy a half empty glass Imo.

I hope Hal doesn't take more than he gives.

There is a reason I am on this forum...Dr. Peat brought me here. His wisdom and ideas on authoritarianism help me think more about creativity; I read his work everyday and have done so for 2 years and I will continue to do so for years to come.

I will start reading Dr. Mae Wan Ho's stuff! Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals