"Miracle Morning" - A Pro Metabolic Book

Velve921

I recently read the book below:

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM): Hal Elrod: 9780979019715: Amazon.com: Books

Its 120 pages and I read it in 1 day. After reading this book my temp and pulse were the highest they have been all winter and energy/sleep quality changed instantly. After Danny and Haidut's conversation on Authoritarian environments being the most detrimental for the metabolism, I read this book and everything finally made sense. I won't go into many details as this book will send different messages to different people; I will say that it brought me out of some deep and dark emotions.

Hope some people can find this book to enrich their lives as it did for me!

bluewren

Thanks Ewlevyl for the heads up.....it looks really interesting. Have ordered through the Book Depositary.

TheHound

also how long have you been doing the practices in this book? I started reading it last night right after seeing this post and I'm enjoying it.

I highly recommend the book I mentioned above, which deals mostly with visualizations. this book was also briefly mentioned in the miracle morning too

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I read the 1 book one week ago, I've been doing many of the practices naturally before the book; however, I'm emphasizing silence, reading and creativity more than I ever have! The book more so changed my mindset on life itself; many people will find the life S.A.V.E.R.S. in the morning to be the most helpful. I now simply understand that to be happy in life you have to work at but also understand you only live once! Hal puts in perspective that it makes no sense to feel sorry for yourself while your trying to feel better; I knew I was suffering....but I was making myself feel worse because I said repeatedly I was unhappy and suffering.

My Personal Morning Routine:

6:00am – Wake Up – Set alarm across the room so I have to hope out of bed

6:02am – Coffee, gelatin, milk, sugar, coconut oil, salt + soothing music + red light therapy

6:05am – Stretch + juggling a soccer ball in my kitchen

-stretching warms up the mind as cellular energy is increased

-soccer ball inspires creativity and playfulness

6:20am – Epsom salt bath + reading + scribing

6:40am – Shower + Pump up music for the day – visualize all the great things in life with my favorite songs to set my mind for the day

6:50am – Recite a few quotes of positive affirmations for the day

7:00am – Pack lunch for the day and off to work.

Everyone's routine should be different..but use the guidelines of Hal's life S.A.V.E.R.S to find what works for you.

bodacious

I've bought this on the faith that people in this forum are genuinely quite switched on. The cover and description don't fill me with confidence though—this feels like a Tim Ferris book

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I've bought this on the faith that people in this forum are genuinely quite switched on. The cover and description don't fill me with confidence though—this feels like a Tim Ferris book
2 of my athletes had begged me to read it for 4 months and like you, I felt the same way. I will not say the book will help everyone as it did me. I read tim ferris book as well....it did not even come close to comparison with miracle morning from my experience. I miracle morning in 1 day and since then I re read at least 1 chapter a day or skim my note.

As its only 120 pages, that was my selling point that finally made me read it....since reading it, I will never turn down new ideas from my peers ever again. It took me out of my authoritarian "guru" mindset; I use to argue with people as I assumed I was right....I think differently now.

TheHound

I have read not! I will look into it. Any thoughts you wants to share about it?

it's longer and very detailed, and can be a little confusing at times. it was written by a plastic surgeon so it involves self image and the drastic changing of self image. it goes highly into detail of visualizations. I recommend it

bodacious

it's longer and very detailed, and can be a little confusing at times. it was written by a plastic surgeon so it involves self image and the drastic changing of self image. it goes highly into detail of visualizations. I recommend it
sounds super interesting! Added to the list

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Is this a necessity to enjoy the book?

It is not a necessity. There are many things I have taken a way from this book. Everyone will find something different in response to Hal Elrod's thoughts; I am by no means telling everyone that they will feel good after reading this book...but I would be shocked if there is not 1 positive affirmation that everyone can take away from Miracle Morning.

firebreather

The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM): Hal Elrod: 9780979019715: Amazon.com: Books

Its 120 pages and I read it in 1 day. After reading this book my temp and pulse were the highest they have been all winter and energy/sleep quality changed instantly. After Danny and Haidut's conversation on Authoritarian environments being the most detrimental for the metabolism, I read this book and everything finally made sense. I won't go into many details as this book will send different messages to different people; I will say that it brought me out of some deep and dark emotions.

Hope some people can find this book to enrich their lives as it did for me!

That is awesome!

I just got the book and I'm reading it now.

I can't help but wonder if you've seen improvements with your frequent urination struggles.

I also have that issue and it has been plaguing me for a few years now

T

tobieagle

Quote from the book:

"How To Wake UP With More Energy (On Less Sleep) Through my own experimentation—as well as that of many other Miracle Morning enthusiasts who have tested this theory—I’ve concluded that, for the most part, we need as much sleep as we believe that we need. In other words, I’ve found that how we feel in the morning when we wake up—and this is a very important distinction—is not based on how many hours of sleep we got, as much as it’s based on how we told ourselves we were going to feel when we woke up."

:D:D It's the same mentality as the people who say "You are not hungry, you just feel boring. Ignore the feeling."

http://www.filedropper.com/themiraclemorningthenot-so-halelrod