Minocycline Has Helped Me

Dezz

I got it scripted from my doc for acne. I started using it about 5 days ago. I discovered it has balanced out my hormones. Made my gut feel like it was bullet proof. No signs of estrogen dominance. My muslces feel firm, my chin feels sharp, high body temps, it has lifted my mild depression and anxiety.

My adrenal glands are also healing. I do not lose sodium anymore. I drank about 3 litres of liquid yesterday (OJ, apple juice, milk) and went to the toilet 3 times. As opposed to 6 to 7 trips per day (with an uncomfortable nudging feeling in my bladder telling me to go all the time).

After trying to fix adrenal problems for so long, I am starting to see progress with Minocycline. It has made me realise how toxic my gut must've been :lol:

jyb

I wonder if minocycline can have lasting effects if you take it frequently and especially continuously like you seem to have started doing. Antibiotics like doxycycline are frequently scripted for problems like acne, but it's pretty common for users to report an initial improvement and then worsening after some "habituation" period.

Acne, steel gut, depression, anxiety...can also be improve with cyproheptadine and pregnenolone. I'll let you read the forum for an idea. Pregn is less of a "drug", and in my case has proven even more effective, so I recommend it.

OP
D

Dezz

Only time will tell jyb, I have been scripted to take 100mg a day divided into a day and night dose for the next 3 months. If habituation does occur during this time I will let others know. I am using pregnenolone (nutrimeds 25mg tabs time release formula only one that can be shipped from iherb to Australia) and fexofenadine atm. They have definitely helped tremendously but the Minocycline definitely gave me the push I needed.

My real issue was with my aldosterone and cortisol. It has really made me realise how important a healthy gut is to optimal health. I didn't realise I had so much inflammation in the gut that my adrenal glands had a hard time making enough cortisol to keep the inflammation down. Once that happens other forms of inflammation like acne and eczema start flaring up.

Thank god for ray peat and this forum. It has helped me understand so much about my body over the past 3 - 4 months. I still have lots to learn!

freyasam

Dezz said:
Only time will tell jyb, I have been scripted to take 100mg a day divided into a day and night dose for the next 3 months. If habituation does occur during this time I will let others know.

Dezz, any update on this? I guess it's been almost 3 months since you started this. Any change in your skin or other symptoms? Do you plan to stop the minocycline after your prescription runs out?

fyo

Minocycline helped me a lot too, but its effects were impermanent.

Activated charcoal (that I made, see forum search) had a much stronger and lasting effect.
Additionally, repeated bamboo shoot use and,
Regular collagen eating (tripe, skin, joints, etc).

OP
D

Dezz

Just an update. I stuck with the Minocycline for about 4 weeks had to get off it due to constipation and depression. Stopped it for about a week then symptoms started coming back as fyo said. But it did give my body a chance to heal during that 4 week period. Prior to the Minocycline my stress hormones were always high. Looking back I know I had issues with endotoxin, leaky gut, liver congestion/insulin resistance.

Since then I've been eating a lot of organ meats, tripe and joints and fruit which does not cause discomfort. I drink bone broth everyday. Raw carrot, bamboo shoots, ginger, bitter gourd (natedawg recommended this for SIBO). Silymarin/Milk thistle for the liver. No starch. Finally my metabolism and appetite is back. Skin is looking much better. Hormones are much more balanced now.

The raw carrot and bitter gourd combo was truly amazing for my gut. Especially if you are having insulin issues.

lexis

Minocyline can even treat schizophrenia

He was prescribed minocycline to treat the pneumonia and within two weeks the infection was cleared and the psychosis resolved. Minocycline was stopped and his psychiatric symptoms worsened. Treatment with the drug was resumed and within three days he was better again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 69121.html

What could have happened here ?

I am guessing that his gut issues were related to low thyroid and minocyline just fixed gut issue,not the thyroid

I have a good friend with a scratched cornea that is medically unfixable.

I recommended he try minocyclin and this is the only thing other than aspirin that has helped his eye. It helps so much that his eye becomes fine for awhile even after he stops taking the mino.

It is very anti-inflammatory and a solution to a lot of problems that doctors now throw large cortisone dosages at. Minocycline may have problems but it seems far safer and more effective.

ddjd

Just an update. I stuck with the Minocycline for about 4 weeks had to get off it due to constipation and depression. Stopped it for about a week then symptoms started coming back as fyo said. But it did give my body a chance to heal during that 4 week period. Prior to the Minocycline my stress hormones were always high. Looking back I know I had issues with endotoxin, leaky gut, liver congestion/insulin resistance.

Since then I've been eating a lot of organ meats, tripe and joints and fruit which does not cause discomfort. I drink bone broth everyday. Raw carrot, bamboo shoots, ginger, bitter gourd (natedawg recommended this for SIBO). Silymarin/Milk thistle for the liver. No starch. Finally my metabolism and appetite is back. Skin is looking much better. Hormones are much more balanced now.

The raw carrot and bitter gourd combo was truly amazing for my gut. Especially if you are having insulin issues.
Bitter gourd? What's that? A peat thing?

Simba1992

I have a good friend with a scratched cornea that is medically unfixable.

I recommended he try minocyclin and this is the only thing other than aspirin that has helped his eye. It helps so much that his eye becomes fine for awhile even after he stops taking the mino.

It is very anti-inflammatory and a solution to a lot of problems that doctors now throw large cortisone dosages at. Minocycline may have problems but it seems far safer and more effective.[/QUOTE

I have scratched cornea, had for nearly a year. After taking high doses of niacinamide almost well! Have not been using any toxic med. Switched over to Niacin a week ago, hope not a negative effect.

Simba1992

Dont know what happened to my post! Anyways I got rid of my cornea scrathes with Niacin, to my very great suprise. Actually Niacinamide. Changed now to Niacin, hope the healing process will go on. Never used any toxic meds for it, just eye over the counter hydrating drops and Vit. A cream for the night.

johnsmith

I have been using penicillin vk, and worry I'm missing out on some of the benefits of the two stronger antibiotics, minocycline and tetracycline. Whats the difference?