Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Minocycline Has Helped Me

Discussion in 'Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by Dezz, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Dezz

Dezz Member

I got it scripted from my doc for acne. I started using it about 5 days ago. I discovered it has balanced out my hormones. Made my gut feel like it was bullet proof. No signs of estrogen dominance. My muslces feel firm, my chin feels sharp, high body temps, it has lifted my mild depression and anxiety.

My adrenal glands are also healing. I do not lose sodium anymore. I drank about 3 litres of liquid yesterday (OJ, apple juice, milk) and went to the toilet 3 times. As opposed to 6 to 7 trips per day (with an uncomfortable nudging feeling in my bladder telling me to go all the time).

After trying to fix adrenal problems for so long, I am starting to see progress with Minocycline. It has made me realise how toxic my gut must've been :lol:

2. jyb

jyb Member

I wonder if minocycline can have lasting effects if you take it frequently and especially continuously like you seem to have started doing. Antibiotics like doxycycline are frequently scripted for problems like acne, but it's pretty common for users to report an initial improvement and then worsening after some "habituation" period.

Acne, steel gut, depression, anxiety...can also be improve with cyproheptadine and pregnenolone. I'll let you read the forum for an idea. Pregn is less of a "drug", and in my case has proven even more effective, so I recommend it.

3. OP
    Dezz

Dezz Member

Only time will tell jyb, I have been scripted to take 100mg a day divided into a day and night dose for the next 3 months. If habituation does occur during this time I will let others know. I am using pregnenolone (nutrimeds 25mg tabs time release formula only one that can be shipped from iherb to Australia) and fexofenadine atm. They have definitely helped tremendously but the Minocycline definitely gave me the push I needed.

My real issue was with my aldosterone and cortisol. It has really made me realise how important a healthy gut is to optimal health. I didn't realise I had so much inflammation in the gut that my adrenal glands had a hard time making enough cortisol to keep the inflammation down. Once that happens other forms of inflammation like acne and eczema start flaring up.

Thank god for ray peat and this forum. It has helped me understand so much about my body over the past 3 - 4 months. I still have lots to learn!

4. freyasam

freyasam Member

Dezz, any update on this? I guess it's been almost 3 months since you started this. Any change in your skin or other symptoms? Do you plan to stop the minocycline after your prescription runs out?

5. fyo

fyo Member

Minocycline helped me a lot too, but its effects were impermanent.

Activated charcoal (that I made, see forum search) had a much stronger and lasting effect.
    Additionally, repeated bamboo shoot use and,
    Regular collagen eating (tripe, skin, joints, etc).

6. OP
    Dezz

Dezz Member

Just an update. I stuck with the Minocycline for about 4 weeks had to get off it due to constipation and depression. Stopped it for about a week then symptoms started coming back as fyo said. But it did give my body a chance to heal during that 4 week period. Prior to the Minocycline my stress hormones were always high. Looking back I know I had issues with endotoxin, leaky gut, liver congestion/insulin resistance.

Since then I've been eating a lot of organ meats, tripe and joints and fruit which does not cause discomfort. I drink bone broth everyday. Raw carrot, bamboo shoots, ginger, bitter gourd (natedawg recommended this for SIBO). Silymarin/Milk thistle for the liver. No starch. Finally my metabolism and appetite is back. Skin is looking much better. Hormones are much more balanced now.

The raw carrot and bitter gourd combo was truly amazing for my gut. Especially if you are having insulin issues.

7. nullredvector

nullredvector Member

UPS
    im seeing great results as well. lots of random gas though, its only first day.

8. lexis

lexis Member

Minocyline can even treat schizophrenia

He was prescribed minocycline to treat the pneumonia and within two weeks the infection was cleared and the psychosis resolved. Minocycline was stopped and his psychiatric symptoms worsened. Treatment with the drug was resumed and within three days he was better again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 69121.html

What could have happened here ?

I am guessing that his gut issues were related to low thyroid and minocyline just fixed gut issue,not the thyroid

9. churchmouth

churchmouth Member

Any update on progress with mino?

10. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

I have a good friend with a scratched cornea that is medically unfixable.

I recommended he try minocyclin and this is the only thing other than aspirin that has helped his eye. It helps so much that his eye becomes fine for awhile even after he stops taking the mino.

It is very anti-inflammatory and a solution to a lot of problems that doctors now throw large cortisone dosages at. Minocycline may have problems but it seems far safer and more effective.

11. ddjd

ddjd Member

Bitter gourd? What's that? A peat thing?

12. Simba1992

Simba1992 Member

13. Simba1992

Simba1992 Member

Dont know what happened to my post! Anyways I got rid of my cornea scrathes with Niacin, to my very great suprise. Actually Niacinamide. Changed now to Niacin, hope the healing process will go on. Never used any toxic meds for it, just eye over the counter hydrating drops and Vit. A cream for the night.

14. dilantinoid

dilantinoid Member

Hi where are people getting their Minocycline?
    Online? Rx?

15. chimdp

chimdp Member

Search QHI Pharmacy on Google. Then email them about special ordering it. Have gotten it from them twice.

16. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Fish minocycline is the same as people’s and is easily available.

17. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

I have been using penicillin vk, and worry I'm missing out on some of the benefits of the two stronger antibiotics, minocycline and tetracycline. Whats the difference?

18. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member

Mino is more fat soluble and reaches tissues like brain and eye easier.

19. johnsmith

johnsmith Member

Thanks, which would be better for treating brain inflammation, minocycline or tetracycline?

20. ecstatichamster

ecstatichamster Member