Minocycline Antibiotic cleared almost all the tarter within days

Mathgirl

I am taking 50mg 2 x a day. It's amazing. I would have tarter even after frequent brushing and I'm actually a daily flosser. I eat a good diet. And I just couldn't understand why I had so much tarter on my teeth. I am almost tarter free. Heading to the dentist tomorrow for a cleaning. It will be interesting to see what they say about my oral health.

EvanHinkle

I’m really interested in the traction that the tetracyclines, and macrolides are suddenly getting here on the forum.

I’ve had nothing but positive oral health outcomes from doxy, minocycline, and Rapamycin, (not at the same time, just each in their own has improved oral health and gut health).

It should be noted that I take activated charcoal away from the antibiotic dose, but always on the same day.

OP
M

Mathgirl

I am taking it for some skin issues and the disappearing plaque was a bonus. Prior to this week, I could literally scrape some plaque off between teeth even immediately after brushing and flossing. I am prone to GI discomfort with antibiotics so I swallowed a small spoonful of sugar before taking the minocycline. It's my understanding that I cant take it with milk.

Last edited:

metamorph

I am taking it for some skin issues and the disappearing plaque was a bonus. Prior to this week, I could literally scrape some plaque off between teeth even immediately after brushing and flossing. I am prone to GI discomfort with antibiotics so I swallowed a small spoonful of sugar before taking the minocycline. It's my understanding that I cant take it with milk.
Curious as to the effect it’s having on your skin? I’m taking a very small amount 5-10mg and noted a difference in my skin texture.

OP
M

Mathgirl

Dentist/hygenist happy with my teeth. Gums healthy, no bleeding. Still some scraping but she said -without my prompting-that my mouth wasn't as dry. Declined x-rays. I used to give in occasionally-no more.