Minimalist Diet

Davsey85

Looking for something that i can repeat everyday and doesn't require a lot cooking.Any suggestions?

johnwester130

eggs
dairy
shellfish

fruit
gelatin

coconut oil/salt/sugar to add in when needed, maybe coffee/chocolate too, but they are not real foods

so a pot of ricotta cheese with fried eggs in the morning, with fruit would be a perfect meal, all salted to taste

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

I am fairly active so need some good carb sources oj and fruit just doesn't replish glycogen after exercise I need some carb sources.I have been eating pasta with meat sauce as well as potatoes and beef everyday.

johnwester130

I am fairly active so need some good carb sources oj and fruit just doesn't replish glycogen after exercise I need some carb sources.I have been eating pasta with meat sauce as well as potatoes and beef everyday.

maybe a plain white bread could work, it had no phytic acid either unlike wholewheat bread

cooked in coconut oil and salted, it goes well with dairy and shellfish

potatoes are fine but take about 40 minutes to cook through

nbznj

my very minimalist grocery shopping: kombucha, apples, bananas, eggs, goat cheese, chicken liver, seafood, 1 whole chicken, oj, leafy greens, yams, carrots, beets, sourdough bread, garlic butter, 85% dark chocolate. You can add jasmine rice if you like it.

supplements: dextrose, magnesium oil (great deodorant!), Vega "all in one" powder, vitamin ADK (3-in-1). Big disclaimer I'm on TRT, that changes some things and gives me more flexibility.

daily routine:

- green kombucha upon waking up
- liver, eggs, cheese for breakfast, takes 5' to cook
- pack an apple, one square of chocolate, OJ to work, takes 30" to set up the day before
- lunch is vegan (puréed tubers and greens), ditto (Sunday meal prep may be needed)
- workout nutrition consists of the powders mentioned above +a banana, ditto
- dinner is meat/fish and yams/rice, one square of chocolate. Also cook all in butter
- when I have more time on the weekend I do eat a lot of sourdough bread and spread butter

I guess fruits could always be rotated.

2 meals high in protein and fats for satiation, everything else high in carbs for energy

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

@nbznj

I thought that a peaterian diet with plenty of carbs and sugar combined with moderate exercise not overthinking would put test levels in a normal range.In your case trt was still necessary?

Last edited:

nbznj

I was on TRT before digging deeper into Peat's work. I'm a recent convert, so to speak. I was into powerlifting AND bodybuilding at the same time, meaning big lifts with sub-12% bodyfat year round naturally. Totally retarded. Now I have a pretty high amount of muscle with even less bodyfat. Can't be sustained naturally. Can't be fine with adding (visceral?) fat. So this is it.

On the other hand I see nothing wrong with TRT long term. I wasn't the healthiest kid growing up, far too scrawny and unhappy so I tend to think my own endocrine system would have been a mess for life. I believe that when your teenagehood is f***d, being as healthy as someone who had a very healthy growth is going to be very hard.

LUH 3417

Reeds candied Ginger
Ayurvedic Chocolate
Eggs
Coconut oil
Coffee with raw honey

LUH 3417

Liver
Kidneys
Oysters
Bone broth

Depends on where you live and everything that happened before you came here and everything you want to happen to you next

tara

Looking for something that i can repeat everyday and doesn't require a lot cooking.Any suggestions?
In general, I'm in favour of including some variety in the diet, even if there are also some regular staples. Partly to improve the odds of getting all the micronutrients, as well as to keep it interesting.

And then, for regular staples, it depends which foods agree with you, and what you need for good balance in your system.
And if you mean you want to minimise the heat your food is exposed to, or minimise the food prep time?

If it was raw you wanted:
Fruit, coconuts, coconut butter and oil, milk, cheese, cream, (greek) yogurt, juice, dates, dried fruit, fruit-veges like tomatoes, honey, chocolate, etc don't require you to cook.
You can eat leaves raw or drink as smoothies with fruit or juice, though Peat doesn't particularly recommend a lot of that.
Some people are OK with raw eggs, fish, shellfish, meat, but there are issues with parasites and pathological microbes to be considered, so if you are going for those I'd recommend care with sourcing, maybe deep-freezing. (Personally I mostly prefer to cook for safety.)

But if it was low food prep time you were after rather than raw, and you are ok with some cooked starch, then baked or boiled potatoes and other tubers etc can be good for some people. Cooking gelatinous cuts of meat with veges can make good broths and stews that can make several meals at once, maybe frozen in portion sizes, for part of the diet.

nbznj

a great recipe that requires no cooking and keeps me satiated till 1pm easily (I wake up around 7am)

- drink some kombucha, eat an apple+a brazil nut upon waking up
- while the apple is being taken care of, add 2tbsp of chia seeds, 3scoops of oats, 2tbsp of nutritional yeast, 1scoop of shredded coconut, as many fruits&vegs as you can (I like those frozen mix bags, a pound is good for me), 32 to 48oz of filtered water and you've got a very nutritious shake to sip on and that requires minimal digestive effort
- a banana and a square of 90% dark chocolate can also be packed to work

johnwester130

dates and bananas ? they are packed with sugar

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

I find that milk tends to bloat my lower stomach area and was wondering if there is a non dairy/milk replacement for that?

Also find that a Matt Stone approach of more starch may be better for me than milk/oj. With the sugar oj i feel more insulin sensitive having anything

more than a couple of cups.I like to hike so i am thinking rice,potatoes,low fat beef,ground turkey,dates,bananas may be good