Milk Tongue

OP
M

metabolizm

When you eat superfoods, any negative reaction is a sign of detox.

That's an optimistic interpretation!
I tend to think that a negative reaction (like really bad dandruff) to any food is an indication that you need to stop, and try again later.
I'm beginning to think that I'm simply not able to digest large amounts of dairy properly, and that I need to cut back for a while until my digestion has improved. But the whole thing's so damn complex. Maybe there's an argument for just pushing through. I don't know.

Dude, if a person fulfills the prerequisites for the information in that post and they follow the guidelines strictly, there isn't anything to "push through." It's supposed to be therapeutic and rejuvenating.

At no point in time if a person is made to feel like garbage and suffers symptoms of intestinal toxemia should they keep eating the foods that are triggering them.

The only, only exception to this are the waves of mild illness that come with fruit fasting (no bananas). This might be like mild fever, joint aches, tooth discomfort, but nothing tragic... And it passes within a few to several days and comes in waves.

The 'no pain no gain' approach is almost always like, 'more pain, less gain' when it comes to health.

If you're salt deficient and you eat salt, you'll immediately feel better.
But if you are salt replete and you force yourself to eat salt anyways, you'll dehydrate yourself and cause inflammation shortly thereafter.

By using this "pushing through" logic, a person is liable to keep forcing themselves to eat more salt even though it's making them worse off.

TheSir

I didn't point out the age as a testimony that the body works well when it's young, rather as a point in time when I hadn't overdone antibiotics yet.

I'm the first one to point out that age isn't the issue here, in the first comment you quoted from me...
Fair enough, my bad.

revenant

Oregano oil gets rid of the white tongue for about a week or so, even when drinking milk.

Capt Nirvana

I've been drinking more milk than normal (not a huge amount by any means), and have noticed that my tongue has acquired a white coating. It seems to disappear when I stop drinking milk for a few days. It's unsightly and not easy to scrub off. Do any of you milk drinkers have this same problem?
It's often a lack of saliva. Less common in adults than infants.

T

TheBeard

Dude, if a person fulfills the prerequisites for the information in that post and they follow the guidelines strictly, there isn't anything to "push through." It's supposed to be therapeutic and rejuvenating.

At no point in time if a person is made to feel like garbage and suffers symptoms of intestinal toxemia should they keep eating the foods that are triggering them.

The only, only exception to this are the waves of mild illness that come with fruit fasting (no bananas). This might be like mild fever, joint aches, tooth discomfort, but nothing tragic... And it passes within a few to several days and comes in waves.

The 'no pain no gain' approach is almost always like, 'more pain, less gain' when it comes to health.

If you're salt deficient and you eat salt, you'll immediately feel better.
But if you are salt replete and you force yourself to eat salt anyways, you'll dehydrate yourself and cause inflammation shortly thereafter.

By using this "pushing through" logic, a person is liable to keep forcing themselves to eat more salt even though it's making them worse off.

That's because salt isn't a superfood.

When you push through with superfoods such as raw meat or raw milk, the satiation will prevent you to push through beyond reason.
You can overdo superfoods without consequences.
You can't overdo salt or sugar without conesquences.

OP
M

metabolizm

update

Well, a tongue scraper has made a massive difference... for now.
But dandruff continues to be an issue.
The problem is either metabolic or local.
I’m going to get some Nizoral and take the nuclear approach to the dandruff.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSir

update

Well, a tongue scraper has made a massive difference... for now.
But dandruff continues to be an issue.
The problem is either metabolic or local.
I’m going to get some Nizoral and take the nuclear approach to the dandruff.
It's kind of both. When your tongue gets coated, it's because your immune system is occupied with the toxemia produced by your intestines. The quality of your saliva decreases, becoming less efficient at keeping your mouth sterile, therefore the bacteria breed and create the coating. So in this sense scraping the tongue does help the mouth locally, but overall the coating is a sign of a larger problem with digestion.

OP
M

metabolizm

Wow. I bought some milk today from a local farm, which is only "lightly pasteurised and unhomogenised" and the difference in flavour and effect is astonishing. Since drinking a big glass my hands and feet have been absolutely on fire, and I've had two bowel movements. The commercial milk I've been drinking - despite being labelled "organic" -- is massively inferior to this.

OP
M

metabolizm

It's kind of both. When your tongue gets coated, it's because your immune system is occupied with the toxemia produced by your intestines. The quality of your saliva decreases, becoming less efficient at keeping your mouth sterile, therefore the bacteria breed and create the coating. So in this sense scraping the tongue does help the mouth locally, but overall the coating is a sign of a larger problem with digestion.

That sounds right to me. Thanks for your contributions here, they've been helpful.

JKX

Where did you get this idea about calcium?
Quite a few of the anti-fungals on the market are or act similarly to calcium channel blockers. The idea originally came from an ex forum member Nathan Hatch. So I did a bit of research and I believe it to be true. I completely eliminated the white tongue coating by switching to non-homogenised full fat jersey mill and mixing some raw onions into a daily carrot salad (not as bad as it sounds!).

The non-homogenised milk should help on its own. I think the lactoferrin makes the minerals more bioavailable to your body and less available to pathogens. There are plenty of other things such as aspirin, methylene blue and sulphur which might also help.

OP
M

metabolizm

Quite a few of the anti-fungals on the market are or act similarly to calcium channel blockers. The idea originally came from an ex forum member Nathan Hatch. So I did a bit of research and I believe it to be true. I completely eliminated the white tongue coating by switching to non-homogenised full fat jersey mill and mixing some raw onions into a daily carrot salad (not as bad as it sounds!).

The non-homogenised milk should help on its own. I think the lactoferrin makes the minerals more bioavailable to your body and less available to pathogens. There are plenty of other things such as aspirin, methylene blue and sulphur which might also help.

Ok, thank you, I’ll stick with the non-homogenised milk for now. I keep forgetting about the carrot salad too - will start eating that again. Did you ever notice dandruff from milk consumption as well as the white tongue?

JKX

Never had dandruff. Sorry cant be much help with that. Ray has suggested thyroid and liver for dandruff. I think it might be a gut bacteria issue. To be honest, I think pretty much everything is a gut bacteria issue. I'm sure a quick forum search might be able to point you in a helpful direction wrt dandruff solutions.

OP
M

metabolizm

I still have some trouble digesting milk, so I'm going to try eating a carrot salad every day for a week or so. I do think I have some kind of bacterial overgrowth, and my intestine is chronically inflamed (whether I drink milk or not). Danny Roddy said he cured his milk intolerance with antibiotics, but raw carrot or boiled mushrooms could act as an antibiotic substitute. I love milk too much to give it up.

ursidae

Danny and peat’s thyroid supplementation is something to keep in mind when comparing oneself to them. I don’t know when he started it but it could have made it easier to overcome the intolerance

Ben.

I still have some trouble digesting milk, so I'm going to try eating a carrot salad every day for a week or so. I do think I have some kind of bacterial overgrowth, and my intestine is chronically inflamed (whether I drink milk or not). Danny Roddy said he cured his milk intolerance with antibiotics, but raw carrot or boiled mushrooms could act as an antibiotic substitute. I love milk too much to give it up.

May i ask how you know that it's the intestine being chronically inflamed? Did you aquire that information trough repeated doctor visits?

Have you tried fruit fasting or supplementing resistant starch as suggested here already? Maybe spore based probiotics suggested by peter pan?
I am wondering if the coating increases not just trough milk with you but also with sugar. For me it does and it makes it even harder getting enough calories in.

Keep us updated.

OP
M

metabolizm

May i ask how you know that it's the intestine being chronically inflamed? Did you aquire that information trough repeated doctor visits?

Have you tried fruit fasting or supplementing resistant starch as suggested here already? Maybe spore based probiotics suggested by peter pan?
I am wondering if the coating increases not just trough milk with you but also with sugar. For me it does and it makes it even harder getting enough calories in.

Keep us updated.

No doctors. Don't trust 'em. My gut inflammation is blatantly obvious, and has been for several years. Not much pain, but bloating, swelling, and chronic constipation.

Focusing now on improving digestion and elimination - hoping the carrot salad will help with that. Also not eating huge meals, but spreading smaller meals throughout the day.