Milk Thistle And Dandelion Root Tea

June

what is the consensus on these two? Especially regarding it being estrogenic. There are many who have used it with great results but does that mean all the tea drinkers end up with elevated estrogen? I’ve tried dandelion in the past and can’t remember if it had any ill effects.

olive

For what purpose?

UDCA/TUDCA is many times more effective at treating liver issues with none of the side effects that come with milk thistle.

High potassium, coffee and low estrogen all work as great diuretics, why bother with dandelion?

zewe

Milk thistle is proven by biopsy to regenerate liver cells.

OP
J

June

ok long story short..

-naturopath gave me glutathione back in June 2018 and it caused massive menstrual bleeding for months. Must have disturbed estrogen or hypothalamus or pituitary gland. All possible since I am healing from old brain injury and compromised immune system.

-gynocologist gave high dose birth control pills that drove me mad and didn't work. Eventually acupuncture stopped bleeding.

-mental symptoms and menopausal type symptoms caused by the birth control are still with me. I became a different person who fears everything. Hot flashes are still very prominent. I assume the synthetic estrogen is still floating around wrecking havoc on my system. I was already estrogen dominant to begin with.. I also developed sudden allergies to everything. Especially things that are synthetic and this includes synthetic vitamins. So my sole purpose is to help and support my liver to detox the bad estrogen.

I took calcium d glucarate and DIM and experienced excruciating detox effects. I figured I need to first support the liver and work my way up on those supplements. Eating massive amounts of broccoli is out of the question since I have hashimotos thyroid.

OP
J

June

Milk thistle is proven by biopsy to regenerate liver cells.

Here's the thing..do I want to regenerate my liver or do I want to expel what's processed through liver? I know milk thistle works on a specific phase of detox. Does the dandelion work the same way? Would either of them worsen my estrogen dominance? I've read the root of the milk thistle is not estrogenic but how can this be since the plant works as one?

D

danishispsychic

for me- i have tried milk thistle and dandelion both and both made me depressed and made my boobs bigger ( urgh) so i dont like either. for me, taking ox bile with any larger meals has been the thing that makes my liver feel like it is doing its thing- doing a few master cleanses ( lemon, cayenne , maple syrup ) also detoxed a lot of estrogen and in general hormones that were stuck in my liver- you can smell them coming out. taurine does not agree with me. now, for the liver, i just try to clean it out and let is regenerate itself because that is what it does. citrus, ox bile, and keeping a clean colon and COFFEE internally ( enemas ) and drinking it. also b vitamins , so basically eating liver .

OP
J

June

for me- i have tried milk thistle and dandelion both and both made me depressed and made my boobs bigger ( urgh) so i dont like either. for me, taking ox bile with any larger meals has been the thing that makes my liver feel like it is doing its thing- doing a few master cleanses ( lemon, cayenne , maple syrup ) also detoxed a lot of estrogen and in general hormones that were stuck in my liver- you can smell them coming out. taurine does not agree with me. now, for the liver, i just try to clean it out and let is regenerate itself because that is what it does. citrus, ox bile, and keeping a clean colon and COFFEE internally ( enemas ) and drinking it. also b vitamins , so basically eating liver .

See! that is what I am afraid of. That either milk thistle or dandelion has a hormonal effect. It must have such an effect since it made your boobs change in size which is indicative of either an elevation of estrogen or progesterone. But there is no conclusive study I don't believe. I'm currently taking desiccated liver in pill form and drinking plenty of lemon water but I'm not sure how effective it is on a body that is severely toxic with estrogen. Ox bile I have not heard much of so I will have to investigate that more indepth. Thanks for the input. If anyone else has experience with milk thistle or dandelion, please share. I am trying dandelion tea every other day but milk thistle seems to be the more popular choice.

Sunrise

For what purpose?

UDCA/TUDCA is many times more effective at treating liver issues with none of the side effects that come with milk thistle.

High potassium, coffee and low estrogen all work as great diuretics, why bother with dandelion?
I have used corticosteroids for adthma as a Child. I have candida thrush on my tongue and It doesnt go away.
I have read milk thistle remove corticosteroids from your system.

OP
J

June

I have used corticosteroids for adthma as a Child. I have candida thrush on my tongue and It doesnt go away.
I have read milk thistle remove corticosteroids from your system.
For whatever it's worth, milk thistle and dandelion did not make a dent. Especially with the impaired gut motility the birth control pills caused. My gut is just one big reservoir of bad guys. What a nightmare. Still not back to normal and I've tried almost everything mentioned here. Magnesium Oxide is giving a little relief. Next up are enemas on alternative days. Maybe milk thistle/dandelion root will be more effective once I have a system that actually moves.

Motif

For whatever it's worth, milk thistle and dandelion did not make a dent. Especially with the impaired gut motility the birth control pills caused. My gut is just one big reservoir of bad guys. What a nightmare. Still not back to normal and I've tried almost everything mentioned here. Magnesium Oxide is giving a little relief. Next up are enemas on alternative days. Maybe milk thistle/dandelion root will be more effective once I have a system that actually moves.
Has anything worked for you meanwhile ?

OP
J

June

Has anything worked for you meanwhile ?
Hi I had to shift my focus away from my liver and towards my gut. I use Magnesium Oxide sparingly as I think it was causing me to lose Calcium. But my gut is completely inflamed. I found some relief with probiotics and that helped the gut motility but I discovered the inflammation is causing major histamine intolerance. It’s either that or I have mast cell acitvation. Im experimenting with DAO supplements and Quercetin. In a week or so, I will be adding lauricidin to address whatever is causing elevated hydrogen sulfide in my intestine. I feel i’m on the right track.

Motif

Let
Hi I had to shift my focus away from my liver and towards my gut. I use Magnesium Oxide sparingly as I think it was causing me to lose Calcium. But my gut is completely inflamed. I found some relief with probiotics and that helped the gut motility but I discovered the inflammation is causing major histamine intolerance. It’s either that or I have mast cell acitvation. Im experimenting with DAO supplements and Quercetin. In a week or so, I will be adding lauricidin to address whatever is causing elevated hydrogen sulfide in my intestine. I feel i’m on the right track.
let us know how it works pls!

how do you know that your gut is inflamed ?

David PS

OP
J

June

Let

let us know how it works pls!

how do you know that your gut is inflamed ?

Oh I know just by the way it feels in general. Tender in that area...heavy. I can clear myself completely using Mag Oxide and my gut is still distended. Also the fact that it's hemorrhoids galore down there. Constipation or not, it is always protruding. I just took Lauricidin 3x today and there's a bowel movement randomly in the evening. It is obviously clearing something and there's constant bubbling and gurgling sounds coming from my intestines. I think I reacted so badly to Glutathione in 2018 because of suspected hydrogen sulfide creating SIBO. That just set the grounds for major inflammation.

Thanks! I will read up on this. This is interesting because I distinctly remember the person at the Health food store advising me to buy the root. No reason really, just that it was more effective as a diuretic?

Motif

Oh I know just by the way it feels in general. Tender in that area...heavy. I can clear myself completely using Mag Oxide and my gut is still distended. Also the fact that it's hemorrhoids galore down there. Constipation or not, it is always protruding. I just took Lauricidin 3x today and there's a bowel movement randomly in the evening. It is obviously clearing something and there's constant bubbling and gurgling sounds coming from my intestines. I think I reacted so badly to Glutathione in 2018 because of suspected hydrogen sulfide creating SIBO. That just set the grounds for major inflammation.

Thanks! I will read up on this. This is interesting because I distinctly remember the person at the Health food store advising me to buy the root. No reason really, just that it was more effective as a diuretic?
Did you try anything else for „sibo“ bacteria killing ? I wanted to try olive leaf extract

OP
J

June

Did you try anything else for „sibo“ bacteria killing ? I wanted to try olive leaf extract
I have not. But my mom is on a C.diff protocol and her herbs include it. It wasn’t until she added oregano oil till she felt more relief. I used Berberine, Neem, Oregano oil, Quercetin and Allicin for the SIBO and it was going well till doctor gave me Glutathione and then subsequent high dose birth control pills to undo the problem it caused. I guess that meant SIBO was never 100% eradicated? I did feel better on my regimen of herbs, though I used Oregano oil sparingly as it would cause constipation. I do wonder how I would have fared had I included the recent Lauricidin and the DAO supplements.

Motif

I have not. But my mom is on a C.diff protocol and her herbs include it. It wasn’t until she added oregano oil till she felt more relief. I used Berberine, Neem, Oregano oil, Quercetin and Allicin for the SIBO and it was going well till doctor gave me Glutathione and then subsequent high dose birth control pills to undo the problem it caused. I guess that meant SIBO was never 100% eradicated? I did feel better on my regimen of herbs, though I used Oregano oil sparingly as it would cause constipation. I do wonder how I would have fared had I included the recent Lauricidin and the DAO supplements.
Any progress since ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals